Kai Episode 38 (27 December 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Kai Episode 38 (27 December 2009)

Post by RoarkVegeta » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:39 pm

General Discussion for Dragon Ball Kai episode 38, aired 27 December 2009

牙をむくフリーザ!超絶パワーが悟飯を襲う
Kiba o Muku Furiiza! Chouzetsu Pawaa ga Gohan o Osou
Freeza Bares His Fangs! Transcendent Power Attacks Gohan

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:16 am

How much did this episode cover?
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:35 am

Dragonball Z episode 79 and 80, and all of chapter 297-299 and the first 4 pages and 3 panels of 300.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:11 pm

So how well paced are these Freeza battle episodes so far? I mean, I know it was never the best paced battle, but is halving the length doing it good?
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Vino
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vino » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:55 pm

Well it looks like its over for the high quality masters next episode :(

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:So how well paced are these Freeza battle episodes so far? I mean, I know it was never the best paced battle, but is halving the length doing it good?
Freeza will be in his third form the next episode. Good pacing if you ask me. Although the fact that it's been a while since I have seen this arc helps a lot.

.:PoetikaL:.
Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Well, it's good to know that the bucking Freeza gives Kuririn was taken out.
My Deviantart: http://poetikal.deviantart.com
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheycallmeBrod

"I beat Toguro, and after that I assumed everything else would just be a big ol' piece of cake. And then some rogue Spirit Detective has to go and open up the freakin' gates of Hell!" -Yusuke Urameshi

I think Tom Dubois of "The Boondocks" said it best for me when FUNimation announced the release of the domestic Dragonbox, after buying all of the Season Sets: "MOTHERFUCK!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, PRICKS, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!"

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:27 pm

.:PoetikaL:. wrote:Well, it's good to know that the bucking Freeza gives Kuririn was taken out.
Really? I thought that was one of the scenes that best depicted how sadistic Freeza was.

-Corey

Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:19 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
.:PoetikaL:. wrote:Well, it's good to know that the bucking Freeza gives Kuririn was taken out.
Really? I thought that was one of the scenes that best depicted how sadistic Freeza was.
Oh no... I liked that scene too, but I when watched it today, I wanted to see if they might of kept it in... and they didn't. That's what I meant. Trust me, that scene is by far one of the best scenes that shows Freeza's grotesquely ravaging nature.

"I beat Toguro, and after that I assumed everything else would just be a big ol' piece of cake. And then some rogue Spirit Detective has to go and open up the freakin' gates of Hell!" -Yusuke Urameshi

I think Tom Dubois of "The Boondocks" said it best for me when FUNimation announced the release of the domestic Dragonbox, after buying all of the Season Sets: "MOTHERFUCK!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, PRICKS, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!"

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:29 pm

.:PoetikaL:. wrote:
MajinVejitaXV wrote:
Oh no... I liked that scene too, but I when watched it today, I wanted to see if they might of kept it in... and they didn't. That's what I meant. Trust me, that scene is by far one of the best scenes that shows Freeza's grotesquely ravaging nature.
But it isn`t canon.

Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:51 pm

So that part wasn't canon... is it that big of an issue? That scene just elaborated Freeza's nature: In this case Freeza bucking Kuririn where the blood is gushing out.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:28 pm

Damn, I have to say, some of the redrawn animation in this episode was terrible.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:13 am

Yeah, I loved the long drawn out torture.... but since they are kind of editing it down, it's not really a surprise that they took it out... it was one of the more brutal scenes in the anime.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:42 am

.:PoetikaL:. wrote:So that part wasn't canon... is it that big of an issue? That scene just elaborated Freeza's nature: In this case Freeza bucking Kuririn where the blood is gushing out.
It apparently is important when there's a decent amount of, "They cut out three seconds of canon material and put in 15 seconds of filler! Kai blows!" going around.

I can see where you're coming from. I liked the filler in Jeese and Baata vs. Goku but life goes on.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:47 am

Exactly.

I mean yes, we want things to be as canonical as possible, but in order to make an episode more stuff needs to be added. While many of us can agree that there is a lot of filler that shouldn't be in, there is some that help make things easier to understand and/or elaborate the situation/idea. Perfect examples are this scene, and Goku and Gohan training in the ROSAT before the Cell Games.

Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:01 am

Sorry for the double post, but this episode I believe had 2 new eyecatchers.

First one:
Freeza on the top / Vegeta, Gohan and Kuririn on the bottom

Second one:
Porunga on the top / Piccolo on the bottom.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:31 am

I liked the filler in Jeese and Baata vs. Goku but life goes on.
Which one was that?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:44 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:
I liked the filler in Jeese and Baata vs. Goku but life goes on.
Which one was that?
Lot's of Gokû dodging their assaults.

This episode retained some Kuririn filler, but it allowed the pacing of the episode to fill out much better. Next week looks chop Piccolo's fight with Freeza down quite a bit from what it was in Dragon Ball Z.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

MaJamie

Post by MaJamie » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:30 am

.:PoetikaL:. wrote:Sorry for the double post, but this episode I believe had 2 new eyecatchers.

Really diggin Porunga. Can't help but think these straight-on portraits are being recycled, though.
If I were a saiyajin, I'd be Raditz because I'm only kind of rad.

gotenx
Beyond Newbie

Re: Kai Episode 38 (27 December 2009)

Post by gotenx » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:14 am

Does anybody know the reason why the preview for episode 39 looked so bad compared to the the actual episode 38? If it helps, I was watching a transport stream, so there was no tampering done to the actual video content.