Breakthrough Capsules..Yay or nay?!

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Boomer2k4

Breakthrough Capsules..Yay or nay?!

Post by Boomer2k4 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:37 pm

Are they worth all 7 slots?

I am using Goku's at the moment, mainly for the SSJ4 capsule which I failed to get by being a moron and SSJ3'ing vs Kid Buu in the last fight. I think that with him it may be worth it becasue he has at least 8 capsule that can be very useful (5 trans + WK, SB and Kame, although the Last 2 are fairly redundant if you have the 10x Kamehameha in SSJ4 form, almost 1000 dmg for ->E...whoosh) and since the Breakthrough appears to count as each blast item being equipped twice (or whatever max times is) it seem to be worth it.

But for Chars such as Kid Gohan/Tien/Yamcha who have next to no individual moves I can't really see the point.

Like to know your opinions on these although I acknowledge that a lot of you will have given them up by now for the sparking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cap or whatever number of !'s it is :D
I am Darkness Beyond Blackest Pitch
Deeper than the Deepest Night
I am the Sea of Chaos
The Source of All Chaos
I am The Lord of Nightmares

oponok
Beyond Newbie

Post by oponok » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:35 pm

Yes, the breakthroughs are pretty pointless for many characters (not including Vegeta, Piccolo, Freeza, Cell, maybe adult Gohan, and a few others. If everyone's equipped with his or her breakthrough when fighting a human opponent, however, it ensures a reasonably fair fight (unless you consider characters with zillions of transformations unfair).
"In fact, the United States Alf Fanfiction Department has issued notices offering high paying jobs for more Alf fanfiction, which they believe could immediately resolve countless global issues such as world hunger."

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:28 am

Well, I always use them unless I'm planning on Majin Vegeta or one of the space ships. Mainly it's because all the other skill and item caps are pointless IMO. Senzu is almost worthless in this game :/
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.