Dragonball game crossovers you'd like to see

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IncompetentOverlord
Beyond Newbie

Dragonball game crossovers you'd like to see

Post by IncompetentOverlord » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:49 pm

I would like Dragonball vs. Kinnikuman, but for it to be (A) not broken and (B) feasible in-universe, there would have to be either some massive nerfage to the Z-senshi or a huge power-up for the choujin.

I'd also like to see Dragonball vs. Justice League(Well, actually, how about Jump vs. DC vs. Marvel?), but the same rules (mostly) apply.
Stuff I Know About: Hellsing, Detective Conan, Macross, GaoGaiGar, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kaiji, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Captain Harlock, Digimon, Berserk, Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Lupin III, Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman, Discworld, Avatar: The Last Airbender, TMNT, Futurama, Invader Zim, South Park, Sandman, Marvel, DC, Scott Pilgrim, Star Wars, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragonball game crossovers you'd like to see

Post by SSJmole » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:05 pm

DBZ vs Capcom.

You could have Goku vs Ryu, Vegeta vs Ken , Broly vs Akuma, Chi-Chi vs Chun-Li , Cell vs Nemesis (resident evil) Great Saiyaman vs Mega Man. And so many more it would be worth it.

Yes power levels would be out the window but so what? Marvel vs Capcom had Hulk been able to be defeated by Chun-Li, A guy who is said to be the strongest and able to with stand hulk buster weapons got defeated by a girl who can kick fast. But guess what? It didn't matter it was a great game and when Marvel vs capcom 2 was on PSN I got it first day and still play.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:33 pm

A general Toriyama-centric game would kick ass. Slump, DB, Neko, Cowa, Lady Red... He's got enough one-shots with enough characters for a decent roster.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:20 pm

B wrote:A general Toriyama-centric game would kick ass. Slump, DB, Neko, Cowa, Lady Red... He's got enough one-shots with enough characters for a decent roster.
Oh I would like this! You could even include characters he's designed from Chrono Trigger and the Dragon Quest games.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:00 pm

That'd be a great game for me then! I love Dragon Quest and Chrono Trigger, so a game including that and a bunch of other Toriyama designed characters would be awesome. Oh, and don't forget about Blue Dragon! :wink:

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:10 pm

I much as I would love, love LOVE DBZ vs. Capcom, the whole match up just doesn't feel right. I wish as I could explain it but I'm not sure it bothers me.

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:22 pm

I'm not really interested in seeing any franchises cross-over with DBZ. I don't like any of the obvious choices, (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach) and none of the things I like would make sense crossing over with DBZ. Nonsensical crossovers happen a lot though. I guess DBZ vs DC because it would bring more Goku vs Superman arguments that I could laugh at.
­

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:17 am

A Shonen Jump Superstars vs. Marvel or DC. Just being DBZ would be boring, so why not add some Jump Superstars too. Dio Brando vs. Blade, Goku vs. Sentry, Pegasus Seiya vs. Thor, Naruto vs. Spider-Man, Luffy vs. Mr. Fantastic, Kenshin Himura vs. Deadpool, Vegito vs. Thanos.... I can go on forever.
Last edited by Hellspawn28 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:32 pm

Chuquita wrote:
B wrote:A general Toriyama-centric game would kick ass. Slump, DB, Neko, Cowa, Lady Red... He's got enough one-shots with enough characters for a decent roster.
Oh I would like this! You could even include characters he's designed from Chrono Trigger and the Dragon Quest games.
Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest would be hard to do though because of licensing rights between Square-Enix and Bandai. Sure Toriyama created these character designs but the publishing companies hold all the distributing rights. It's all painful political BS that no one really wants to deal with.

Thought if it did happen, I'd buy it opening day.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:18 pm

I'd love to have an 'East vs. West' type game. Shonen Jump Vs. Mavel/DC would be awesome~ Sure, you'd see a lot of Goku vs. Superman videos on YouTube, but Luffy Vs. Mr. Fantastic would be fun. Zoro Vs. Silver Samurai would be awesome, too.

Aside from that, there's obvious Dragonball Vs. Street Fighter. Wouldn't mind a Dragonball Vs. Claymore either, though that would be a very odd game, I admit. XD
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:58 pm

Hokuto No DragonBall.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:01 am

I always like the idea of MK vs. DBZ or DBZ vs. Darkstalkers since their both very powerful since they both have characters that can destroy Planets also. It's fits better then something DBZ vs. SF in my opinon.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Ultimate_DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ultimate_DB_Fan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:10 am

The only crossover I could ever see happening is DBZ Vs. Bleach. The Espadas, for example, are tough ass dudes that you do NOT want in your path.
You could have Vegeta vs. Grimmjow, Goku vs. Ichigo, Freeza vs. Ulquirrora (sp?), Cell vs. Aizen, and so on and so forth.
If there's ANY set of worthy adversaries that would be ready to compete against the Z-fighters, it's the characters from the Bleach universe.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:52 am

Ultimate_DB_Fan wrote:The only crossover I could ever see happening is DBZ Vs. Bleach. The Espadas, for example, are tough ass dudes that you do NOT want in your path.
You could have Vegeta vs. Grimmjow, Goku vs. Ichigo, Freeza vs. Ulquirrora (sp?), Cell vs. Aizen, and so on and so forth.
If there's ANY set of worthy adversaries that would be ready to compete against the Z-fighters, it's the characters from the Bleach universe.
There's A LOT of characters who could defeat the Dragon Ball Z gang from a lot of franchises and series, but, crossover games aren't about comparing powers, strengths and so forth series-wise anyway, they're just about having different characters from separate shows and comics fighting against each other for fun(I mean, if Superman flew in the Dragon Ball universe to fight our Saiyan hero, he should be able to punch Goku's head right off, yet obviously they wouldn't go with that because then that would ruin the fun of the crossover).

Dragon Ball Z already had its crossover with the other two of the current "Big 3", One Piece and Naruto in one game a few years back. There's also the JUMP! game series on DS, the mother of all anime/manga crossover fighting game series where, ironically, most of the Dragon Ball characters actually suck.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:38 am

Ultimate_DB_Fan wrote:I mean, if Superman flew in the Dragon Ball universe to fight our Saiyan hero, he should be able to punch Goku's head right off, yet obviously they wouldn't go with that because then that would ruin the fun of the crossover)

Goku > Superman

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:15 am

SSJmole wrote:
Ultimate_DB_Fan wrote:I mean, if Superman flew in the Dragon Ball universe to fight our Saiyan hero, he should be able to punch Goku's head right off, yet obviously they wouldn't go with that because then that would ruin the fun of the crossover)

Goku > Superman
That discussion has no point. Its fairly obvious that some incarnations of Superman (the older ones) were stronger than Goku, yet other ones were much weaker. Superman is not a character who had always the same kind of power. Quite the contrary. So any type of discussion regarding who of the two is stronger has no real answer, unless you want to specify which Superman we are talking about. In general Superman is both stronger and weaker than Goku.

On topic, I would like to see a west VS east type of game. Screw the power levels, it would be fun.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:25 am

SSJmole wrote:

Goku > Superman
As the user above stated, it depends on the incarnation of Superman, most would kick Goku's butt across the universe though, but, this isn't about that stupid debate. The point of the example is comparisons between characters' powers is totally moot when it comes to crossover video games, as shown with Dragon Ball Z having fighting game crossovers with other series already.

Ultimate_DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ultimate_DB_Fan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:40 pm

What is this "Big 3" that everyone keeps talking about? I don't recall ever hearing about it.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:43 pm

Ultimate_DB_Fan wrote:What is this "Big 3" that everyone keeps talking about? I don't recall ever hearing about it.
One Piece, Naruto and Bleach.

IncompetentOverlord
Beyond Newbie

Post by IncompetentOverlord » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:10 pm

OOOH! New Idea! How about Shonen Jump vs. Square Enix? Luffy vs. Cloud! Piccolo vs. Sephiroth(which, of course, would force millions of fangirls to buy the game just so they can prove that their character is the best)! Another possibility could be Studio Pierrot vs. Toei. Of course, that would put a lot of Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece characters in, but it would be worth it if I could have Kinnikuman, Kenshiro, and Arale all in the same game.
Stuff I Know About: Hellsing, Detective Conan, Macross, GaoGaiGar, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kaiji, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Captain Harlock, Digimon, Berserk, Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Lupin III, Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman, Discworld, Avatar: The Last Airbender, TMNT, Futurama, Invader Zim, South Park, Sandman, Marvel, DC, Scott Pilgrim, Star Wars, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog