Any Suggestions at World Tournament?!

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Boomer2k4

Any Suggestions at World Tournament?!

Post by Boomer2k4 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:49 am

I am fed up of getting beaten in the final by nothing but Teleporting and dodging. I was literally in SSJ4 form and able to teleport like the PS2 but unfortuantely even after chain teleporting 5 times, 3 for PC and 2 for me in one go, I still end up losing due to simply being unable to hit the damn guy and usually getting teleport kicked out of the ring.

I don't like the "hover at edge of ring and teleport" tactic as against characters who seriously abuse teleport like the Androids it simply won't work as they will teleport one more time than you will and you will end up flying.

Sucks getting beaten by Ginyu after killing all 3 of Buu's forms :(
I am Darkness Beyond Blackest Pitch
Deeper than the Deepest Night
I am the Sea of Chaos
The Source of All Chaos
I am The Lord of Nightmares

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:07 pm

I haven't had a chance to play it (yet), but an idea crossed my mind. Try getting your opponent to fire a chi attack at you. If you can do that, teleport behind them and get them with a chi attack of your own and repeate that strategy. Very cheesy I know, but it mightwork.

oponok
Beyond Newbie

Post by oponok » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:24 pm

Well, you could play a bad ass character (Vegeta) with a number of transformations (Vegeta), and an ultimate move (Vegeta), and just blow them all the f*** up.

But here's more practical methods. Wait till your opponent starts his Hyper Mode, and make like Buu-era Yamcha and flee across the screen from him until his ki runs out (sidestep any long distance attacks he might have and don't deflect ki blasts back at him or he'll use it as a means to teleport behind you). Then get close, enter your own Hyper mode, and proceed with whomping on'em, whether you pull an ultimate or enter the Dragon Rush mode. If in Dragon Rush, try entering square in the first round, X in the second, and triangle in the third, and you should be successful MOST of the time (it works for me, anyway).

Another strategy is to be EXTREMELY careful when fighting an opponent when he has three or more ki bars full. Wait till his ki drops, then tear 'em a new one with some special attack while he's unable to escape.

Also, if you play a character who can transform, then do so ASAP. The sooner you have the advantage the better. Just watch your ki.

And for the love of Christmas, stay FAR AWAY from the edge! In reality, it's just easier and less annoying when you just focus on beating your opponents senseless then trying desperately to trick them into departing the ring against their wills (well, for ME, anyway, because... I rule this game).

And hopefully, that should help. These hints were written for when fighting a male opponent, since the vast majority of characters are guys, or some alien or mechanical resemblance thereof. 18 is the only real female challenge, while Videl can't teleport. And, as much as I'd like to believe the opposite, Gohan is, in fact, male.
"In fact, the United States Alf Fanfiction Department has issued notices offering high paying jobs for more Alf fanfiction, which they believe could immediately resolve countless global issues such as world hunger."

Ginyu Taiko
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ginyu Taiko » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:36 pm

Using Ginyu's body change attack might be a good way of going about things. Just make sure you have a small amount of HP when you use it. Having a full ki gauge is also helpful. Then go into hyper mode and use it! This really helped me when I was playing Dragon Arena, but I'm sure it would still be somewhat effective in tournament mode.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:11 am

I like staying on the one side of the ring with a wall.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:51 am

My ways of winning:

1 - Using Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta's Final Shine attack repeatedly
2 - Taking advantage of Vegeta's kick
3 - Using Broly. He hits hard and send people far distances
4 - Using "Omega Shenron's" [*cringe*] full Ki gauge to do Whirlwind Spin and use Dragonrush

Ryu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ryu » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:18 am

Have you tried the vaccine and virus combination method?

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:47 pm

My little cheat is that I go all the way to the edge of the tourtnament square, when they attack I teleport behind them and kick them out.

Boomer2k4

Post by Boomer2k4 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:03 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:My little cheat is that I go all the way to the edge of the tourtnament square, when they attack I teleport behind them and kick them out.
Thanks for all your replies guys. Getting much better success now with Kid Buu, thanks to hisa almost limitless energy and idiot punching combos (+ability to use Senzu's)

The problem I have with the above combo is that the computer and I get into a chain teleporting problem. The most I have had so far is 5 consecutive teleports with neither of us hitting :((vs Android 18 if you must know) and this throws the "sit at edge" option out since it's just as likely you're gonna fly
I am Darkness Beyond Blackest Pitch
Deeper than the Deepest Night
I am the Sea of Chaos
The Source of All Chaos
I am The Lord of Nightmares

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:55 pm

I use Chibi Goku and keep on hitting the guy with my Nyoiboi(sp?) untill they fall out of the ring. It works quite well actually.

Cloud_Graywords

Post by Cloud_Graywords » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:41 am

Try this
1.- Play As Uub
2.- Custom and put the second Move (that kind of Rage Punches)
3.- Custom and put the "Sparking!!!!!!" capsule
4.- Start the tournament and use just the Move you put (back + O Button)
5.- Out of Ring. or You win.

Its really easy that way and if u have the correct Sparking capsule you'll get 150000 Zeni
I'm Having This Weird Thoughs Lately...Like Any Of This Is For Real...OR NOT?