Kilis?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LegendarySuperSaiyan

Kilis?

Post by LegendarySuperSaiyan » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:51 pm

During the Buu saga, Babidi measures Goku's strength and exclaims that he has a kilis rating of 3,000; and it takes a kilis rating of 300 to destroy a planet.

Basically, I've got two questions about it:

1. What do kilis measure? They are obviously not the same type of ranking that power levels give; and apparently, they measure something other than actual power.

2. Why is the rating so off? I'm sure Goku can destroy more than ten planets; hell, in the anime, Vegeta destroyed one with a power level of 18,000; and threatened to do so to the Earth in the manga. Likewise, Roshi destroyed the moon with a power level of 139; and since the moon is only 1/81 the size and mass of Earth, the most you'd need to destroy a planet is 11,259; meaning SSJ1 Goku during the Frieza saga could destroy 1,332 planets with his power level of 15,000,000; MUCH more than the ten suggest by Babidi.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:00 pm

300 kilis to destroy a planet is in the anime only...

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:25 pm

I believe the whole "powerful enough to blow up a planet" thing isn't very cut and dry. For instance; I believe Vegeta during the Saiyan saga could only destroy a planet if he fired his Gyalick-Ho directly into the planets core.

Compared to the power of SSJ Vegeta, who would destroy the Earth if one of his blasts went astray and accidently hit the ground. It was the same reasoning behind the Final Flash, that he "narrowed the beam" so it would only hit Cell, and not vaporize Earth.

Having said that; since the Kili reading of SSJ Goku was only 3000, then it's probably not a very acurate measuring of power. Since Goku's battle power is into the high millions now, it probably wouldn't be able to differintiate between a battle power of 20 or 2000.

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:50 am

But it isn't stated whether the Kili readings are err... to scale right? [600 kili doesn't have to mean he's twice as strong as someone with 300 kili] Maybe it's a fast growing formula...where 1 kili means a huge difference...
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

Gouki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gouki » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:31 am

Kili have the potential to cause larger arguments than power levels, with only one (?) mention thats anime-only. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd run off to the Gamefaqs forums and make a bogus list and laugh at the hilarity.
... Maybe later.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:57 am

There isn't nearly enough information regaurding Kilis to determine much of anything. But what we do know is that it operates on a much larger scale that the one used by Freeza and his men. I doubt Humans would even rate a .001 on the Kili scale.

Just to make my brain not hurt so much when thinking of Killi I just invented the scale of 1 killi = a PL of 10,000 (And that 1PL Rating is equal to a force of 1 pound per square inch). ^^

EDIT: And yes, this would mean SSJ Goku's reading was only 30 million, I know. But he was only trying to kill Yakon, not that hard of a job really. XP
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:45 am

1. What do kilis measure? They are obviously not the same type of ranking that power levels give; and apparently, they measure something other than actual power.
They also measure power, the only difference is that they use a different scale, which seems to be better to gauge the power of very strong beings than Freeza's PL scale.
2. Why is the rating so off? I'm sure Goku can destroy more than ten planets; hell, in the anime, Vegeta destroyed one with a power level of 18,000; and threatened to do so to the Earth in the manga. Likewise, Roshi destroyed the moon with a power level of 139; and since the moon is only 1/81 the size and mass of Earth, the most you'd need to destroy a planet is 11,259; meaning SSJ1 Goku during the Freeza saga could destroy 1,332 planets with his power level of 15,000,000; MUCH more than the ten suggest by Babidi.
I don't know about Kilis, but the scale of Freeza's scouters is not linear. At the end of DB, Goku could wear clothes which weighted 200 kgs, IIRC. His PL probably was around 600. By Freeza Saga, he had a PL of 60.000. That means, that, by PL scale, he had gotten 100 times stronger. That'd mean he should be able to lift 20.000 kgs, or 20 tons, and fight fairly well at the same time. Yet, by Buu Saga, Base Goku can't even move with weights adding to 20 tons... What does that mean? PLs are not linear.

We don't know much about Kilis, so we can't make any guess at its scale.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:12 pm

Another thing to note is that they were simply using the largest energy/ki/strength/whatever reader, and NOT a Kili reader. Kilis might just be a unit of measure that represents a large number, like the way kilos represent a 1000 in mathematics.

"3,000 Kilis?!" could litterally mean "3,000 ten-hundred-million units of power?!" for all we know. The point is: it means Goku's really, really strong and that's all we're supposed to know.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:48 pm

If anyone cares, the only ones stated in the manga were SSj Goku: 3,000, Yakon: 800
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?