Japanese DBZ Arcade Cabinet. Hilarious.

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

number18
Beyond Newbie

Japanese DBZ Arcade Cabinet. Hilarious.

Post by number18 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:24 pm

I was searching on Rinkya for Dragonball auctions, when I came across this lil beauty...

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=htt ... /d46301467

Now, I do believe that is one of the Budokai games being played. If you translate the page, the seller says that the cabinet is super rare because it was designed by Toriyama...

Your thoughts? :D
[size=75]"Are we gonna continue?"
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."

[url=http://www.lovelycyborg.com/]Lovely Cyborg[/url][/size]

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:27 pm

I was waiting for another game where I could play as Burter.

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:04 pm

Doesn't look like Budokai to me, as it's a full 2D game.
Pretty cool cabinet though. =D

Edit: A~haaaaa.

number18
Beyond Newbie

Post by number18 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:08 pm

Yeah, I couldn't tell. The interface IN the game seemed different, but the characters kind of looked cell shaded... not to mention the fact that the cabinet and cutouts (or whatever those paper inserts are called) seem kinda dated.
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:54 pm

It's beaaaaaautyful. Too bad the seller won't ship international.

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:59 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:It's beaaaaaautyful. Too bad the seller won't ship international.
Amen...that wonderful cabinet would work so well with any JAMMA game.

But then again the game itself is also very cool, I just can think of so many other JAMMA boards I'd have more fun with on that cabinet. :)

number18
Beyond Newbie

Post by number18 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:03 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:It's beaaaaaautyful. Too bad the seller won't ship international.
Well if you win the auction through Rinkya, I think they can ship it to you. Just that they charge a handling fee that's 25% of the shipping cost. ~_~;;
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:07 am

Thank god for Mame, thats all I can say :P

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:01 am

Izlude you think you could PM me some instructions on how to run Mame? I have no friggin idea how to used MS-DOS.

Mighty Gojira

Post by Mighty Gojira » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:17 pm

That's the DBZ arcade game from around 92-93. In fact, that's the very first exposure I had to DBZ, as it was covered in an EGM from the time.

Hell, I played it the other day on my friend's "Fantastic Arcade Machine". He has a top of the line computer in a Darkstalkers arcade cabinet, and the only thing on the computer is MAME, and every arcade game, except for the really fancy stuff...like say Street Fighter III. Anyways, the game itself is very slow and the controls are unresponsive. So, par for the course for 2d DBZ fighting games.

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:41 pm

Mighty Gojira wrote:That's the DBZ arcade game from around 92-93. In fact, that's the very first exposure I had to DBZ, as it was covered in an EGM from the time.

Hell, I played it the other day on my friend's "Fantastic Arcade Machine". He has a top of the line computer in a Darkstalkers arcade cabinet, and the only thing on the computer is MAME, and every arcade game, except for the really fancy stuff...like say Street Fighter III. Anyways, the game itself is very slow and the controls are unresponsive. So, par for the course for 2d DBZ fighting games.
Street Fighter III is easily emulated on Chankast so if he wants to make his "fun box" more fun. Or you can just buy it for cheap on Dreamcast (or burn it I guess.)

Hell my friend's cabinet just has a Dreamcast and Gamecube in there that you can switch between with this toggle. He doesn't have a good enough stand-alone PC yet.