.
-
AnimeMaakuo
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:10 pm
.
.
Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
My YouTube
Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People
Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People
- ohaimynameiserik
- Regular
- Posts: 658
- Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:08 am
- Location: Ohio
Re: Will FUNimation re-release "Kai" again as ...
I think they'll re-release it once. Only for the purpose of being more convenient. Maybe having two volumes in each box rather than one 13 episode volume.
They're doing most things right the first time around with Kai, so there's really no need to make too many alterations.
They're doing most things right the first time around with Kai, so there's really no need to make too many alterations.
- El Diabeetus
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2138
- Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:07 pm
- Location: Ohio
Re: Will FUNimation re-release "Kai" again as ...
But, it would give them a chance to go and redub:ohaimynameiserik wrote:I think they'll re-release it once. Only for the purpose of being more convenient. Maybe having two volumes in each box rather than one 13 episode volume.
They're doing most things right the first time around with Kai, so there's really no need to make too many alterations.
- Chris Ayres doing the laugh in episode 1.
- Change Goku's "Solar Flare" to match with Krillin's Taiyo-ken
- Fix the pronunciation of Kienzan (he said Kienzen) during the Saiyan Saga.
- Probably more, but I can't think of it off the top of my head.
-
AnimeMaakuo
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:10 pm
.
.
Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
My YouTube
Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People
Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People
- LeprikanGT
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3398
- Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:58 pm
- Location: Namek
- Contact:
Re: Will FUNimation re-release "Kai" again as ...
Aside from editting stuff out......not that I know of.
Re: Will FUNimation re-release "Kai" again as ...
When did Krillin ever say Taiyô-ken? o_OSSJ4 Furanki wrote:- Change Goku's "Solar Flare" to match with Krillin's Taiyo-ken
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.
Re: Will FUNimation re-release "Kai" again as ...
Apparently Krillin says Solar Flare on the new DVD set, against Dodoria I assume.Puto wrote:When did Krillin ever say Taiyô-ken? o_OSSJ4 Furanki wrote:- Change Goku's "Solar Flare" to match with Krillin's Taiyo-ken
But, these little changes would be nice. Then, afterward, re-dub all 508 episodes, 17 movies, 3 TV specials, and dub both the 2008 Special, and that one special that's sub only on RB, and all with DB quality video/audio. Then, I could die as a fan...after uncut manga in full color too. >_>
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!
-
AnimeMaakuo
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:10 pm
.
.
Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
My YouTube
Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People
Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People
Re: Will FUNimation re-release "Kai" again as ...
Maakuo, we get it.
You don't like Kai, I wish you'd stop harping on it.
Otherwise, I see 26 Episode Set releases once Kai is completed.
I mean, look at Dragon Ball and then GT.
They were only released once in full until the Season Sets.
You don't like Kai, I wish you'd stop harping on it.
Otherwise, I see 26 Episode Set releases once Kai is completed.
I mean, look at Dragon Ball and then GT.
They were only released once in full until the Season Sets.
-
AnimeMaakuo
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:10 pm
.
.
Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
My YouTube
Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People
Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People
- PuppetDoctor
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 486
- Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:01 pm
Re: Will FUNimation re-release "Kai" again as ...
I think once Funimation is done releasing Kai they will release "Complete Season Sets." If I ever do pick up Kai then this is what I am waiting for personally.
-
Piccolo Daimaoh
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 5407
- Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 pm
Re: Will FUNimation re-release "Kai" again as ...
The current sets are pretty convienent, but knowing FUNimation, they'll probably release Season Sets of Kai afterwards. 
- Kendamu
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 7000
- Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:31 am
- Location: The Martial Arts World
Re: Will FUNimation re-release "Kai" again as ...
If FUNi does re-release it, they'll have to do something really special for me to care because, like many people, I'll already have Kai through the current US releases. If they just re-release the discs as-is, I'll just not care. If it's in some super cool box sets that go together and have awesome little booklets similar to their Season Set booklets or the Dragonbooks and it's not too expensive, I might sell off the original releases and buy the original release.
At this point, though, we have a long way to go before anything like that might happen. Even then, it might just be more cost-effective for them to continue printing their current releases at that point and not worrying about any other type of release until some new home video format happens years down the line.
At this point, though, we have a long way to go before anything like that might happen. Even then, it might just be more cost-effective for them to continue printing their current releases at that point and not worrying about any other type of release until some new home video format happens years down the line.
Re: Will FUNimation re-release "Kai" again as ...
I am very sure about that, that FUNi will re-release Kai as 26-episodes Boxset but that would mean we will lose for each "2x13-episodes-in-one-boxset" one great boxart...
EG:
Part 1 (1-13) has Goku as boxart
Part 2 (14-26) has Vegeta as boxart
so if they re-release as "season-sets" (FUNi says that one season has 26 episodes technically):
Season 1 (1-26) most probably Goku as boxart
so we would "miss" Vegeta for example on Season 2 as boxart...
EG:
Part 1 (1-13) has Goku as boxart
Part 2 (14-26) has Vegeta as boxart
so if they re-release as "season-sets" (FUNi says that one season has 26 episodes technically):
Season 1 (1-26) most probably Goku as boxart
so we would "miss" Vegeta for example on Season 2 as boxart...
The word "KAI" means in the old North Germanic language Frisian "Kämpfer engl. Fighter" respectively "Krieger engl. Warrior"!
- Tanooki Kuribo
- I Live Here
- Posts: 4563
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:23 am
- Location: Manhattan, New York
- Contact:
Re: Will FUNimation re-release "Kai" again as ...
The only thing I could think of that would justify a "better" release than the first one, is if they included the Japanese title cards and opening\closing credits. But, if they never do I'm totally happy with the current product.
But if they decide to re-release the same product for a double dipping, they could just get all those slim DVD cases and create one big box for them. Wich, actually would be awesome. Hmm...
But if they decide to re-release the same product for a double dipping, they could just get all those slim DVD cases and create one big box for them. Wich, actually would be awesome. Hmm...
Re: Will FUNimation re-release "Kai" again as ...
FUNimation will definitely re-release Kai with some kind of bonus, even if it's just touching up the occasional error in the dub. It's Dragon Ball, and FUNi milks anything Dragon Ball for all it's worth. It'll also probably be a better price then the current sets, which is why I'm waiting.
-
nathantheguitarist
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1519
- Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:37 am
Re: Will FUNimation re-release "Kai" again as ...
I'd buy a Kai re-release bixset (or sets), just because I'm not getting Kai right now.
Something like a box with the extra's from the Japanese Kai sets translated (like those interviews and stuff).
Something like a box with the extra's from the Japanese Kai sets translated (like those interviews and stuff).
In a ditch somewhere
- The Time Traveller
- Patreon Supporter
- Posts: 3456
- Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 1:32 pm
- Location: UK
Re: Will FUNimation re-release "Kai" again as ...
No, he definitely said Taiyo-ken, I remember because I had to rewind twice then tell everyone in my house who didn't care.Mewzard wrote:Apparently Krillin says Solar Flare on the new DVD set, against Dodoria I assume.Puto wrote:When did Krillin ever say Taiyô-ken? o_OSSJ4 Furanki wrote:- Change Goku's "Solar Flare" to match with Krillin's Taiyo-ken
Re: Will FUNimation re-release "Kai" again as ...
The only thing I can see them releasing is a complete box set of the whole series + extras etc.
All 150? episodes in one snazzy box.
All 150? episodes in one snazzy box.
Re: Will FUNimation re-release "Kai" again as ...
>_> Punish a guy for a typo he didn't notice. Yes, I meant Taiyo-Ken for Krillin.The Time Traveller wrote:
No, he definitely said Taiyo-ken, I remember because I had to rewind twice then tell everyone in my house who didn't care.
And I would love a giant Kai boxset with bonus features.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!





