Jimmy Firecracker

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.
User avatar
LeprikanGT
I Live Here
Posts: 3398
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: Namek
Contact:

Jimmy Firecracker

Post by LeprikanGT » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:08 pm

I'm pretty sure in the Sub he is just referred to as the Cell Games announcer; so since Kai is trying to be more faithful to the original do you think the Dub will take that name away from him and just call him the announcer of keep his Dub name?

I think the FIRST time we see him in the show is filler so they have skip that art in general [the scene where Mark is pulling the buses and punches into one.]

Also, will they call him Mr. Satan in the home release or Mark?

User avatar
Makaioshin
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Kokomo

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by Makaioshin » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:11 pm

They will most likely keep what he is called in the original.
Same goes for Mr. Satan, as calling him Mark wouldn't be anymore faithful to the original than calling him the H-word.
Last edited by Makaioshin on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 18958
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: 🏳️‍⚧️🍉

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:12 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Also, will they call him Mr. Satan in the home release or Mark?
'Mark' is never used in the anime. Anywhere. Ever. It's not going to happen.
💙💜💖 She/Her 💙💜💖
6–4, 3–6, 6–1, 3–6, 6–3

User avatar
LeprikanGT
I Live Here
Posts: 3398
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: Namek
Contact:

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by LeprikanGT » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Neither did 'Hercule' yet it exists. Mark is 100% officially his real name.

It sucks if they do take out Jimmy Firecracker, that was my favorite name from the entire series; with X.S. Cash being second. Maybe it will stay the same in the edited TV version.

User avatar
Mewzard
I Live Here
Posts: 2009
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by Mewzard » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:40 pm

In the home release, he will be Mr. Satan.

In the tv versions? Good question. Maybe Hercule Satan (usually just called Hercule) for Nicktoons, with Mark Hercule for no sane reason in CW's version. XD
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

User avatar
dan2026
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:59 am

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by dan2026 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:53 pm

Jimmy Firecracker?

What? I've never heard that name before. I thought he was just the announcer.
I don't remember he ever being referred to by name.
Perhaps in one of the guide books.

User avatar
Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:58 pm

dan2026 wrote:Jimmy Firecracker?

What? I've never heard that name before.
I don't remember he ever being referred to by name.
Me too
dan2026 wrote:Perhaps in one of the guide books.
I think that name is FUNi's :wink:

User avatar
Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6141
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:28 pm

Neither Mark nor Jimmy Firecracker appear in the manga, so neither of them belong in Kai. As for what FUNimation will do, that's anybody's guess. Hopefully neither will be there, but if they threw in Mark as an Easter Egg (like a barely audible crowd member yelling "Mark"), then I wouldn't mind that.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 9/28/26!)
Current Episode: The Failure of Frost - Dragon Ball Dissection: The God of Destruction Champa Arc Part 3 (Manga)

User avatar
LeprikanGT
I Live Here
Posts: 3398
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: Namek
Contact:

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by LeprikanGT » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:31 pm

dan2026 wrote:Jimmy Firecracker?

What? I've never heard that name before. I thought he was just the announcer.
I don't remember he ever being referred to by name.
Perhaps in one of the guide books.
In the Dub, you see Jimmy Firecracker and Mr. Satan for the first time in the same scene, he is like his unofficial announcer, and thats how he ends up at the Cell Games. In the Dub thats the name he calls himself and in the cutscenes in Budokai 1 he calls himself that aswell IIRC in the English side.

Side note: I LOVE my new icon, now THATS Jimmy Firecracker.

User avatar
TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here
Posts: 3772
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:33 am

I think it would actually be pretty creative if they refer to him as "Mark" in the edited version instead of Hercule. That way the uncut release (which calls him Mr. Satan) and the edited release (which would call him Mark) would both be loyal in different ways. Mind you, this is not going to happen, I just think it would be both funny and creative if they referred to him as Mark in the edited version.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

User avatar
Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:21 am
Location: QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:42 am

I doubt Funimation is even aware of the "Mark" thing.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

User avatar
LeprikanGT
I Live Here
Posts: 3398
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: Namek
Contact:

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by LeprikanGT » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:51 am

TheBlackPaladin wrote:I think it would actually be pretty creative if they refer to him as "Mark" in the edited version instead of (the H-word). That way the uncut release (which calls him Mr. Satan) and the edited release (which would call him Mark) would both be loyal in different ways. Mind you, this is not going to happen, I just think it would be both funny and creative if they referred to him as Mark in the edited version.
I would think the home release would go with Mr. Satan since they changed all the other names and attacks to the Japanese ones but I'm sure the TV version with stick with Hercule. In Japan they call him Mr. Satan in both don't they?

User avatar
Puto
I Live Here
Posts: 2674
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:40 am
Location: Portugal, Oeiras

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by Puto » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:31 am

There is no "edited version" in Japan.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

User avatar
LeprikanGT
I Live Here
Posts: 3398
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: Namek
Contact:

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by LeprikanGT » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:45 am

I could have sworn they editted the Z footage to make Kai...like took out weiners amd such.

User avatar
Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:58 am

There is no "Edited Version" of Kai in Japan because the original Kai itself is an edited version of Z.

So the ORIGINAL Kai is an edited version of Z.
Last edited by Goku100xKamehameha on Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LeprikanGT
I Live Here
Posts: 3398
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: Namek
Contact:

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by LeprikanGT » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:04 am

Goku100xKamehameha wrote:There is no "Edited Version" of Kai in Japan because the original Kai itself is an edited version Z.

So the ORIGINAL Kai is an edited version of Z.
Thats what I thought. I didn't know if the TV and home release was the same but I know Kai got dulled down from it's transition to Z. [Its a shame.]

User avatar
Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:08 am

LeprikanGT wrote:
Goku100xKamehameha wrote:There is no "Edited Version" of Kai in Japan because the original Kai itself is an edited version Z.

So the ORIGINAL Kai is an edited version of Z.
Thats what I thought. I didn't know if the TV and home release was the same but I know Kai got dulled down from it's transition to Z. [Its a shame.]
I think it's because Japan's laws. But, they could uncensored it in the home release though.

User avatar
LeprikanGT
I Live Here
Posts: 3398
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: Namek
Contact:

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by LeprikanGT » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:12 am

I wish the U.S. got the full uneditted version.

User avatar
Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6141
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:01 pm

But again... there IS no "full unedited version." Kai is what Kai is, a censored, heavily cut version of Z. State of being. The "full unedited version" is Z. So we are getting the "full unedited version" in the U.S. It's called the Dragon Boxes. But, yes, I would have preferred if Kai had not engaged in any censoring in the first place. It is rather stupid. But, hey, too late for that now.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 9/28/26!)
Current Episode: The Failure of Frost - Dragon Ball Dissection: The God of Destruction Champa Arc Part 3 (Manga)

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5407
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: Jimmy Firecracker

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:38 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:I doubt Funimation is even aware of the "Mark" thing.
I think that they're aware of it, but are going to use Hercule anyway, because that name is more well known to fans.

Post Reply