Cheesiest scene in Dragon Ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Cheesiest scene in Dragon Ball

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:31 pm

What do you think is the cheesiest scene in Dragon Ball? I think one of the cheesiest scenes was when Goku came back to fight in the 25th Tenka'ichi Budokai, and they had all those panels of his friends and family crying and stuff.

By the way, I'm not complaining or anything, since I kind of like some of the cheesy bits in Dragon Ball, since it kinda ties in with the light-hearted nature of the story.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Cheesiest scene in Dragon Ball

Post by Ahiru77 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:12 pm

When Goku was about to finish off Buu, everybody went all "Do it Goku!!! :D " or something.

NUDEoctopus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NUDEoctopus » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:53 pm

IN the english dub after Goku and the others escape the insides of Boo and start returning to normal, Goku says "Look Vegeta, people popcorn!" :lol:
PSN: moyerman105

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:25 pm

The "...Ally to good, nightmare to you!" speech by Goku in the english dub. Still one my favorite lines.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:22 pm

The part where that guy turned his hair blonde and started fighting an evil alien monster in mid-air....... oh wait.

Nippolyte
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nippolyte » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:41 pm

That one scene at the 25th tournament where Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta are eating lunch. Those saiyans have an appetite that even puts Chowder to shame.

SolarBlade52
Beyond Newbie

Post by SolarBlade52 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:34 am

Noticeable animation flaws come off as cheesy.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:52 am

All of "The Magic Begins". :lol:
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:40 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote:All of "The Magic Begins". :lol:
In that case, DBE should also be mentioned.

Fin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fin » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:57 am

Bura wrote:
SHINOBI-03 wrote:All of "The Magic Begins". :lol:
In that case, DBE should also be mentioned.
Goku getting distracted in class by Chichi. :mrgreen:

God, I love that movie. I think it's my masochistic side.

sbk
Beyond Newbie

Post by sbk » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:08 pm

Dub

Goku to Freeza: "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things crying out for peace. I am protector of the innocent, I am the light in the darkness, I am truth."

Goku: "I'll tell Gohan how much you really miss him when I see him"
Videl: "You won't, I know. Gohan is still alive, I'm sure of it. I just feel him beating in my heart."

Both are really cringe worthy.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:21 am

But those are Twilight caliber phrases.
El Conejo Malo

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:40 am

The party after the whole Buu fiasco.

Episode 288 of DragonBall Z to be exact. Whacky dancing, color schemes, animation, direction. Yuck.

cpd12589
Beyond Newbie

Post by cpd12589 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:15 pm

I think DBZ Kai has way more cheesy scenes just because sometimes there's those moments of silence that are suppose to be for serious moments but at times make things really cheesy.

But the cheesiest scene I could think of is probably when Goku is about to finish Kid Buu and saying his little goodbye thing. Another cheesy thing was when Ultimate Gohan was beating on Super Buu and appears behind him and says "hey nice day huh" lol soo cheesy.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Most of the movie endings are also really cheesy, with everyone laughing together. I always feel a bit awkward when watching a scene like that :lol:

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:45 am

Bura wrote:Most of the movie endings are also really cheesy, with everyone laughing together. I always feel a bit awkward when
watching a scene like that :lol:
Haha, me too! :lol:

Sometimes, I really like cheesiness. That another reason why I like Power Rangers so much. It's good cheese. :D But with Dragon Ball (especially the dub) has some really bad cheese mixed in there. Chringe. Yuck.
You must have faith in who you are.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:18 am

Sorry to say, but the FUNimation Dub is filled with cringe-worthy cheesy moments. The one that springs to moment first is Ginyu screaming in his drill sergeant voice to the Z-Senshi that they'll need a change of underpants, or something like that. That aside, Goku's death by Seru seemed rather cheesy and drawn out, especially when instead of standing around and smiling he could have just teleported to Kaio-sama's place, grabbed him and Bubbles, and teleported back to Earth.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Deimos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Deimos » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:07 am

CatouttaHell wrote:Sorry to say, but the FUNimation Dub is filled with cringe-worthy cheesy moments. The one that springs to moment first is Ginyu screaming in his drill sergeant voice to the Z-Senshi that they'll need a change of underpants, or something like that. That aside, Goku's death by Seru seemed rather cheesy and drawn out, especially when instead of standing around and smiling he could have just teleported to Kaio-sama's place, grabbed him and Bubbles, and teleported back to Earth.
I have to agree. The majority of the jokes are pretty bad. I was watching the episode after Vegeta destroys Android #19 and Kuririn says, "Wow, that guys toast". Then Piccolo says off-screen, "Yeah, more like...burnt toast..."

I'm a dub fan, I usually can tolerate it. But, this one... ugh. Why that extra line!?