What would of been the best way to show Goku's final death?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJGoku93

What would of been the best way to show Goku's final death?

Post by SSJGoku93 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Let's erase Dragon Ball GT completely, and say Akira Toriyama decided that he would skip ahead many years in his story (after Goku leaves to train Uub, etc.), and end Dragon Ball Z with the final death of Goku. What do you feel would of been the proper way to portray the final passing of the universe's greatest warrior? Would he lay in his death bed, having succumbed to old age? Would he simply leave Earth to die alone in space? Or perhaps, would he and Vegeta go off and die in one final battle (as portrayed in Dragon Ball Online)? I wanted to gather your opinions, what do you guys think would of been the proper way to end Goku's life.
"Hurting innocent people is something I don't tolerate!" - Goku

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: What would of been the best way to show Goku's final death?

Post by LilKokuLink » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:52 pm

Well there's not really a best way seeing as it's all going to be subjective. For me, I would love Goku to die at peace with his family of old age. It would make for a really great emotional scene with flashbacks and nostalgia flying about everywhere. Kind of like how Don Vito Corleone died in the Godfather I.
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

SegaSaturnGamer

Post by SegaSaturnGamer » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:54 pm

Goku should die in a noble way.

IMO it should be a scenario where he sacrificies his life to save the people of Earth like how he gave up his life to save his son during the fight with Raditz.
http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_image ... _full.jpeg

Rosette Christopher, the Sexiest and deadliest Nun to ever exist in fiction!

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:19 pm

No, no the noble death belong to Vegeta.
Old age, in peace would be fine. If he had died in combat I wouldn't have believed in such a happiness.
But seriously, I really like endings when everything is said and done. I imagine him as an old man sitting in a gravity chair while others were playing outside, writing his last will
Everything left (not much to be honest) share as you want. Celebrate my death with the best wake ever. See ya!
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

astrallite
Beyond Newbie

Post by astrallite » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:30 pm

Grandpa Goku and Pan raising Goku Jr., and Goku telling Jr. all the tales of his youth and teaching him how not to get bullied in school.

Goku Jr. is even more timid than Gohan, he needs a father figure.

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:18 pm

He gets hit by a rock that induces a heart attack which causes him to fall down a ravine and he dies with his head spliced in two. Gotta catch em all.

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:36 pm

I like Dragon Ball Online's way. He goes off to fight Vegeta one last time before he dies.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:22 pm

He becomes so powerful he explodes.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:28 pm

And the explosion takes out the universe, and lasts ten episodes long!
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:32 pm

I love the supposed fate of he and Vegeta in Dragon Ball Online. It seems right for those two to bring an end to their era and a beginning to the next with their deaths.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

skatezeppelin
Beyond Newbie

Post by skatezeppelin » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:42 pm

When Goku sacrificed himself at the end of the Cell games would have been perfect. I heard that was the original choice, but then they changed it. That scene makes me tear up, lol.
I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:26 am

linkdude20002001 wrote:And the explosion takes out the universe, and lasts ten episodes long!
Not when he explodes in Kai.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:33 am

I liked the ending of GT, even if it wasn't fully confirmed that it was a death. I liked the idea of him still watching over the Earth but otherwise being completely gone. Feels like he finally passed the torch, just as Kame-sennin did to Goku and Tenshinhan all that time ago.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:46 am

astrallite wrote:Goku Jr. is even more timid than Gohan, he needs a father figure.
Where the hell are that kid's parents, anyway? He lives with his grandma! She even said she named him! Did Pan secretly have a kid at the age of 100?
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:18 am

The sun on Earth is dying. It's getting colder and colder, soon all life will die. Goku decides to go up into space and blow himself up. He is so powerfull the light from his explosion is enough to light the Earth for centuries.

What?! Sorry, it's the first thing that came to mind. :lol:

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:21 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:The sun on Earth is dying. It's getting colder and colder, soon all life will die. Goku decides to go up into space and blow himself up. He is so powerfull the light from his explosion is enough to light the Earth for centuries.

What?! Sorry, it's the first thing that came to mind. :lol:
That's ridiculous.

Only Vegetto could do that. :D
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:15 am

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:41 am

Is there any reason why you had Chichi stab Goku in the man area? :/
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:50 am

Sudden leaving home with no explanation would be enough.
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

the_abberration
Regular

Post by the_abberration » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:50 am

I don't think we would ever see the death of Goku. After Goku finished training with Uub, he would return home to Chi Chi for a time. Vegeta would challenge him to a final battle and we would never see the result (a la Rocky III). Growing bored with the peace, Goku would use IT to leave Earth and seek new challenges. Gohan would pass the Saga of Goku down to Pan (with the series actually being bedtime stories that Gohan tells her each night).

Pan will in turn pass it down and so forth and so forth. Then one day hundred of years later, a relative of Goku will climb up to the lookout. Popo would greet them as if he was expecting them. The visitor would ask for training to which Popo would reply that Kami-sama has to give the okay.

At that point, a figure looking like Dayspring's avatar as well as the visitor would walk out and say "Ossu! Ora Gokuu!" (if that is the correct phrasing), look at the audience, then wink and laugh.

THE END
1 Corinthians 13: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Except the anime. Never the anime.

"Look. I'm not allowed to hold you, but I'm sworn to protect you"-Sergeant Hatred

The Lineup: Danger Mouse