The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by sangofe » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Hey there. I was thinking of gathering people to make subtitles for these extras from the DBZ Battle of Gods collector's edition. We've got a team down, except the translator. I had a friend I thought I could get translate them, but he said he'd hate me if I made him translate, so I dropped that idea ^^;

So, if you know the moon language and want to help making subtitles for these, contact me!

P.S Anyone who owns the Blu Ray and would like subs for these extras, contact me and I'll give you the subs when they're done. (But wait for updates in this thread please).

Shoryuken
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shoryuken » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:40 am

Perhaps strictly speaking not a proper translational request, but I was wondering whether or not you'll be covering the second person pronouns (singular and plural) that the character use in the series since you covered the first person ones.
これはシグネチャではない
Personal blog - myriadleaves.eu

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:24 pm

What is this page? It's DBSD, but it comes from the December issue of Saikyo Jump, so this isn't a normal chapter page.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:19 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:What is this page? It's DBSD, but it comes from the December issue of Saikyo Jump, so this isn't a normal chapter page.
"There is also a single-page bonus in the magazine proper which features Oolong once again getting the jump on Pilaf, wishing for a special Dragon Ball featured in this month’s issue."
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:16 pm

I see, thanks.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

valfranx
Beyond Newbie

Post by valfranx » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Please herms can translate, this scan of dbgt perfect files?

Last edited by valfranx on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:55 pm

Folks, please don't just post up images and ask for them to be translated.

Which parts? Why? What about them interests you? What are you trying to get at?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:49 pm

Going off that, I'll happily restate my request to have Chiisa na Senshi translated. It's not often that there's a song for Goten and Trunks, so I've always been really interested to know what the lyrics are. Hell, I don't even know what the title is in English.

I'm told that this is an accurate romanization, although I really don't have any way to know for sure. Someone with more experience can certainly provide a better version if they know of one.

Kodomo da nante baka ni shinaide
bikkuri pawā o himete iru
tada onigokko shita dake na noni
hazumi de kowashita biru ga 10ko

Aa futsū no kodomo ni naritai
kowai kaoshita aku no senshi ni
au tabi omou yo

Ganbaranakucha ganbaranakucha
bokura ga mirai o mamoranakucha···
Goten ten ten sutten kororin
Torankusu kusu waratte koronde
futari wa nakayoshi chiisa na senshi

Oniisan ni mo naisho da keredo
bokura no pawā wa appu shite 'ru
sakkā no toki bōru kettara
aozora yabuite hoshi ni natta

Aa hitori ja mihate 'ru yume demo
futari issho ni hashiridashitara
kanarazu kanau yo

Tanoshimanakucha tanoshimanakucha
chikyū no ringu de asobanakucha···
Goten ten ten tendon tabe sugi
Torankusu kusu kusuri o nomasete
futari wa nakayoshi fushigi na senshi

Ganbaranakucha ganbaranakucha
bokura ga mirai o mamoranakucha···
Goten ten ten sutten kororin
Torankusu kusu waratte koronde
futari wa nakayoshi chiisa na senshi

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:40 am

Don't make fun of us because we're kids
We hide an astonishing power
We were only playing tag
But the shock of it destroyed 10 buildings

Ah, I just want to be a regular kid
That's what I think every time I encounter
A scary-looking evil warrior

Gotta try our best, gotta give our all
We have to protect the future
Goten-ten-ten slips and falls
Trunks giggles and falls over
The two of them are close friends, small warriors

It's a secret even to my big brother
But my power has gone up
When I kicked a soccer ball,
It broke through the sky and became a star

Etc. Typing for long period is hard on a phone. More later, perhaps.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

valfranx
Beyond Newbie

Post by valfranx » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:30 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Folks, please don't just post up images and ask for them to be translated.

Which parts? Why? What about them interests you? What are you trying to get at?
http://www.abload.de/img/desktop10-11-201317-20iuf7.png

to be more exact I am referring to text that appears below of goku ssj3.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:42 pm

That's awesome so far. What fun lyrics! I feel like I'm being shown something new in DragonBall, and that's a rare feeling for me.

My sincerest gratitude! ^_^

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:59 pm

valfranx wrote:http://www.abload.de/img/desktop10-11-201317-20iuf7.png

to be more exact I am referring to text that appears below of goku ssj3.
What, that box? Alright.
Something's different!? Super 4
The Super 4 Goku on the left was actually drawn as a design proposal for speculative purposes. Because of this there is no hair on his chest, giving it a different feel than the Super 4 in the main series. It's a valuable document for understanding Super 4!
Funny, we were just talking about this over here.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:05 pm

Not really a translation request, but it's a question about a translation:
Daizenshuu 2 wrote:By virtue of being Goku's son, Goten posses battle power not the least bit inferior to even Gohan.
Does D2 really say battle power, or it's a mistranslation? Because it would make more sense to say dormant power instead of battle power.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:09 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:Don't make fun of us because we're kids
We hide an astonishing power
We were only playing tag
But the shock of it destroyed 10 buildings

Ah, I just want to be a regular kid
That's what I think every time I encounter
A scary-looking evil warrior

Gotta try our best, gotta give our all
We have to protect the future
Goten-ten-ten slips and falls
Trunks giggles and falls over
The two of them are close friends, small warriors

It's a secret even to my big brother
But my power has gone up
When I kicked a soccer ball,
It broke through the sky and became a star

Etc. Typing for long period is hard on a phone. More later, perhaps.

That sounds like a fun, albeit financially horrifying game of tag.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:06 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Not really a translation request, but it's a question about a translation:
Daizenshuu 2 wrote:By virtue of being Goku's son, Goten posses battle power not the least bit inferior to even Gohan.
Does D2 really say battle power, or it's a mistranslation? Because it would make more sense to say dormant power instead of battle power.
Yes, it says 戦闘力, the term typically translated as battle power.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:11 pm

I see, thanks!

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:00 pm

This is a promo "Battle Book" from Battle of Gods, and I was hoping someone could translate what it says about Boo and Beerus.

Why? So I can have a herp derp battle power argument that's why!

...No, actually I was just curious as to what it said about Beerus and saw Gohan shown in the Boo picture so that interested me as the flier seemed Goku specific.

here's the spots specifically...although the whole darn thing would be pretty cool :thumbup:
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:10 pm

Most of that's way too small to read, at least without giving me serious eyestrain. Got any bigger scans?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Unicorn_Bazooka
Beyond Newbie

Post by Unicorn_Bazooka » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:14 pm

Herms wrote:Most of that's way too small to read, at least without giving me serious eyestrain. Got any bigger scans?
If you're using a tablet or a phone, then you can easily zoom in.

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Herms wrote:Most of that's way too small to read, at least without giving me serious eyestrain. Got any bigger scans?
Thanks for taking a look!

Try zooming in on these links and it should work. I uploaded original size so it can zoom in huge and detailed.
http://i.imgur.com/uZLeOxc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sH1uaSp.jpg

I guess I should say zoom out as when you click on it it is way zoomed in
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime: