The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:51 pm

Ashy-kun wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:I would like to know what Goku says in the 4th panel of this page. :)
http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/6323/073k.jpg
"Wakaranee na... Chibi-tachi no ki mo kanjineeshi... Tatakatta you demo neeshi... Nande ki ga puttsuri to kiechimatta ka..."

"I jus' dun' gettit... I can't feel the lil' uns Qi... S'not even like they fought at all... Then, how come their Qi just totally vanished inta thin air?"
First of all, thank you!
Second of all Goku doesn't mention anything about fusion in that line?
Because the way viz worded it, he specifically talks about the "fused chi" of "the kids."
This line implyes that Goku had already sensed the kids beforehand meaning, that your power doesn't have to be SSJ 3 tier to be sensed from the planet of the Kaioshins, which I believed.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:55 pm

dbgtFO wrote:Second of all Goku doesn't mention anything about fusion in that line?
Because the way viz worded it, he specifically talks about the "fused chi" of "the kids."
Yeah, the line actually goes chibi-tachi no Fuujon no ki mo kanjinee, "can't even sense the ki of the squirts' Fusion", rather than simply chibi-tachi no ki mo kanjinee.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:00 pm

Herms wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:Second of all Goku doesn't mention anything about fusion in that line?
Yeah, the line actually goes chibi-tachi no Fuujon no ki mo kanjinee, "can't even sense the ki of the squirts' Fusion", rather than simply chibi-tachi no ki mo kanjinee.
Ahh thank you, then wouldn't that imply that Goku indeed was able to sense the power of Gotenks beforehand, which in turn could imply that he(SSJ Gotenks) really is a SSJ 3 tier character for Goku to be able to sense him?
If so, then maybe it belongs in your Strength Checker guide?

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:23 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Herms wrote:
Ahh thank you, then wouldn't that imply that Goku indeed was able to sense the power of Gotenks beforehand, which in turn could imply that he(SSJ Gotenks) really is a SSJ 3 tier character for Goku to be able to sense him?
Wasn't this touched upon in the battle power thread? I think Kaboom or someone said that it could mean Goku was just paying attention. Meaning SSj Gotenks wouldn't automatically be a SSj3-tier character for Goku to be able to sense him. SSj3 Goku's power, as well as Super Boo's, was enough to really grab everyone on the Kaioshin planet's attention, rather than them actually trying to sense him.

Plus, Piccolo says SSj Gotenks' power is "impressive", but he is completely blown away by it like he was with SSj3 Goku's power. Everyone reacted more to SSj3 Goku's power than they did SSj Gotenks. While Piccolo asked Goku whether he could've beaten Fat Boo with SSj3 and criticized him for not trying (implying that he thought SSj3 Goku could beat Boo, especially since afterwards Goku admits holding back to put his hope in the kids and then even later, admitting he could've beaten Boo), he wasn't completely sure with Gotenks and asked him to "show him what he can do".
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:44 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
Herms wrote:Yeah, the line actually goes chibi-tachi no Fuujon no ki mo kanjinee, "can't even sense the ki of the squirts' Fusion", rather than simply chibi-tachi no ki mo kanjinee.
Wasn't this touched upon in the battle power thread? I think Kaboom or someone said that it could mean Goku was just paying attention.
No it was in the most recent Super Buu vs. Kid Buu thread it came up.
Piccolo Daimao wrote:Meaning SSj Gotenks wouldn't automatically be a SSj3-tier character for Goku to be able to sense him. SSj3 Goku's power, as well as Super Boo's, was enough to really grab everyone on the Kaioshin planet's attention, rather than them actually trying to sense him.
I don't really know, if one really could sense powers from afar from the Kaioshin Kai, if they aren't SSJ 3 tier, since that's what Kibito implies with his line about Goku.
Piccolo Daimao wrote:[Plus, Piccolo says SSj Gotenks' power is "impressive", but he is completely blown away by it like he was with SSj3 Goku's power. Everyone reacted more to SSj3 Goku's power than they did SSj Gotenks. While Piccolo asked Goku whether he could've beaten Fat Boo with SSj3 and criticized him for not trying (implying that he thought SSj3 Goku could beat Boo, especially since afterwards Goku admits holding back to put his hope in the kids and then even later, admitting he could've beaten Boo), he wasn't completely sure with Gotenks and asked him to "show him what he can do".
It's true, that the characters weren't jumping around in happiness about Gotenks definetively being strogner than Fat Buu or SSJ 3 Goku, but I just asked because I'm of the opinion that any form of Gotenks who isn't a SSJ 3 is a joke, but if he really is stronger than SSJ 3 Goku in SSJ alone then I'll accept that I was wrong.

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:45 am

Alright, in Burst Limit, one of the things Goku says (Japanese Version, duh) when he gets hit is some phrase that sounds kinda like "ow my head/neck". What is this in English? Sorry, I know this might be a little tough to find.
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:30 am

Great Saiyaman I wrote:Alright, in Burst Limit, one of the things Goku says (Japanese Version, duh) when he gets hit is some phrase that sounds kinda like "ow my head/neck". What is this in English?
The part that sounds like "ow my" is probably omae (or omee as Goku pronounces it), meaning "you". Not sure about the head/neck part.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:47 pm

I'm just gonna guess that he's calling the other person a name, like "you bastard" or something.
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:34 am

I would like to know what Vegeta says on this page. :D
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3296/097ne.jpg

Ashy-kun
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashy-kun » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:56 am

Herms wrote:
Oops, my mistake. I was actually pretty tired when I was writing that out. Sorry about missing the fusion part.

Oh, and in regards to what Vegeeta says...

"Aitsu wa tsui ni kono ore wo koroshi wa shinakatta... ... Maru de ima no ore ga hon no sukoshi dake hito no kokoro wo motsu you ni naru no ga wakatteita ka no you ni... Atama ni kuru ze...! Tatakai ga suki de yasashii Saiya-jin nante yo...!! ... Ganbare, Cacarrotto... Omae ga Number One da!!"

"Against his better judgement, that guy did not kill me, I, Vegeeta... [Not too sure how to phrase this sentence] ... I/He just get(s) mad and lose(s) my/his head...! This guy, the kind and gentle Saiyan who loves fighting...!! Do your best and stand firm, Cacarrotto... You are Number One!!"
Last edited by Ashy-kun on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Your freelance, amateur translator, with over a year's worth of self-taught experience. Once an honorary member of Team Kinniku, and a man with his work shown in various places here and there. If you have a song you'd like me to look over, I'll happily look it over and see if I can translate it for you.

Most Recent Song Added to Ashy-kun's Song Translation Topic: Yoake no Kodomo-tachi (Translated: The Children of the Dawn)

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:04 am

Ashy-kun wrote:
Herms wrote:
Oops, my mistake. I was actually pretty tired when I was writing that out. Sorry about missing the fusion part.
It's okay. You can make it up to me by translating my newest request. :D

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:29 am

dbgtFO wrote:I would like to know what Vegeta says on this page. :D
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3296/097ne.jpg
"Give it everything you've got, Kakarott... You are the best there is!"

I think. That's IIRC from the Chinese version.

Ashy-kun
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashy-kun » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:03 am

I... Wouldn't put too much faith in the Chinese translations translated back into English. They're usually shady.

Particularly since they translated "Number One" stated clearly in English, as "the best there is".
Your freelance, amateur translator, with over a year's worth of self-taught experience. Once an honorary member of Team Kinniku, and a man with his work shown in various places here and there. If you have a song you'd like me to look over, I'll happily look it over and see if I can translate it for you.

Most Recent Song Added to Ashy-kun's Song Translation Topic: Yoake no Kodomo-tachi (Translated: The Children of the Dawn)

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:37 pm

Ashy-kun wrote:I... Wouldn't put too much faith in the Chinese translations translated back into English. They're usually shady.

Particularly since they translated "Number One" stated clearly in English, as "the best there is".
Nah, that's just me paraphrasing, chances are they did say "Number 1." But they mean more or less the same thing. Chinese is actually more detailed and specific than both Japanese and English. You're thinking of bootleg Hong Kong translations.

I just wanted to shine with my Chinese skills at least once, because all these Nohongo-speakers rub us out, lol XD.

EDIT: Okay, I want to try my hand at translating this:

"Aitsu ha tsuini kono ore wo koroshi shinakatta... marude ima no ore ga honno sukoshi dake hito no kokoro wo motsu you ni naru no ga wakatteita ka no you ni..."

(Goku, I think): "Atama ni kuruze...!"

"Tatakai ga daisuki de yasashii Saiya-jin nanteyo..!! Gambare Kakarotto, omae ga Number One da!"

"In the end, I wasn't able to do him in... As of now, I'm little more than a man with a human heart, and bit by bit I am starting to realize what that truly means..."

(Goku): "He's doing that antennae thing again...!"

"You are a battle-loving Saiyan, cut and dry...!! Give it all you have, Kakarott, you are Number One!"

I doubt it's that good but I think the point gets across. Herms and Ashy can make a more accurate one, so it's best to take their advice about it.

EDIT2: Wait, I have a question here. So I realized that Ashy already posted a translation of this, and I want to know is Vegeta referring to the fact that he couldn't kill Boo or the fact that Kakarott didn't kill him in that first panel?
Last edited by NeoKING on Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:08 pm

Please could I ask for what Kibito says in the original manga about Super Saiyan 3 Goku's power reaching the Kaioshin Realm?
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:13 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Please could I ask for what Kibito says in the original manga about Super Saiyan 3 Goku's power reaching the Kaioshin Realm?
Strength Checker wrote:*Chapter: 474 (DBZ 280), P7.8, P8.1-2
Context: after Goku transforms into a Super Saiyan 3
Gohan: “”Th-this ki…Don’t tell me…it’s father?...No…It’s not…”
Kaioshin: “Th-that’s right…It’s Son Goku…! Th-this truly is absolutely incredible energy…”
Kibito: “Ab-absolutely unbelievable…To think that his power would reach as far as this sacred region.”
*The code for Goku's SSJ 3 is [#BO2#GOK#SS3]

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:38 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:Please could I ask for what Kibito says in the original manga about Super Saiyan 3 Goku's power reaching the Kaioshin Realm?
Strength Checker wrote:*Chapter: 474 (DBZ 280), P7.8, P8.1-2
Context: after Goku transforms into a Super Saiyan 3
Gohan: “”Th-this ki…Don’t tell me…it’s father?...No…It’s not…”
Kaioshin: “Th-that’s right…It’s Son Goku…! Th-this truly is absolutely incredible energy…”
Kibito: “Ab-absolutely unbelievable…To think that his power would reach as far as this sacred region.”
*The code for Goku's SSJ 3 is [#BO2#GOK#SS3]
OK, thanks. And once again, I've fucked up by forgetting about the Strength Checker thread. :x

Ashy-kun
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashy-kun » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:59 pm

NeoKING wrote:
Ashy-kun wrote:I... Wouldn't put too much faith in the Chinese translations translated back into English. They're usually shady.

Nah, that's just me paraphrasing, chances are they did say "Number 1." But they mean more or less the same thing. Chinese is actually more detailed and specific than both Japanese and English. You're thinking of bootleg Hong Kong translations.

I just wanted to shine with my Chinese skills at least once, because all these Nohongo-speakers rub us out, lol XD.

EDIT: Okay, I want to try my hand at translating this:

"Aitsu ha tsuini kono ore wo koroshi shinakatta... marude ima no ore ga honno sukoshi dake hito no kokoro wo motsu you ni naru no ga wakatteita ka no you ni..."

(Goku, I think): "Atama ni kuruze...!"

"Tatakai ga daisuki de yasashii Saiya-jin nanteyo..!! Gambare Kakarotto, omae ga Number One da!"

"In the end, I wasn't able to do him in... As of now, I'm little more than a man with a human heart, and bit by bit I am starting to realize what that truly means..."

"You are a battle-loving Saiyan, cut and dry...!! Give it all you have, Kakarott, you are Number One!"

I doubt it's that good but I think the point gets across. Herms and Ashy can make a more accurate one, so it's best to take their advice about it.

EDIT2: Wait, I have a question here. So I realized that Ashy already posted a translation of this, and I want to know is Vegeta referring to the fact that he couldn't kill Boo or the fact that Kakarott didn't kill him in that first panel?
Vegeeta actually refers to himself in the sentence, saying "kono ore", which I usually translate as something like "I, [insert name of person speaking]". He's talking about how Gokuu wouldn't let him be killed by Kurilin.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:12 am

NeoKING wrote:EDIT: Okay, I want to try my hand at translating this:

Vegeta is the only one talking on that page, hence the square like speech balloons.
NeoKING wrote:"You are a battle-loving Saiyan, cut and dry...!! Give it all you have, Kakarott, you are Number One!"

Okay then I'll wait and see, if they want to translate it, in the meantime thanks for taking your time to translate :D

Ashy-kun
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashy-kun » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:54 am

*whistles innocently*

http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... 69#p431869

I don't have all of it translated, but I did do a majority of it.