Not quite sure where to put this request...

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Not quite sure where to put this request...

Post by Dayspring » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:21 pm

Having problems with resizing for some reason. Can someone take my avatar and make it an 80x80 pic? I think it's 95x95 as it is which goes against the forum rules. Thanks!

....And yes that's the Dragonzord. It's the fault of the Tokusentai+Power Rangers thread: I'm in an old-school power ranger mood! BTW: Anybody know where I can dl anything power rangers? :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:52 pm

You're welcome 8)

EDIT: Okay, who's the smart guy who messed with my post? Julian? EX? I'm looking at you.... :x
Last edited by Deus ex Machina on Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:54 pm

Ugh, I was a minute late. Refreshed and there was another post.

And it was 96 x 96, actually. ^^

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:09 pm

http://tvnihon.dragoneye.ca/

If you don't know which series is which:

http://www.tvnihon.com/fansub.html

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:29 am

Accurseth, they haven't subbed the original Kamen Rider, but a much interesting link none the less. =D

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:32 pm

Thanks all.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:59 pm

*Sees the Dragonzord*

Oh God, Initiating nostalgic trip!! XD

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:57 am

Which one is the equivalent to the original Power Rangers? The one that had Tommy as the green Ranger? Is it that Kyoryu Sentai ZyuRanger?

Btw, Gosei Sentai DaiRanger has the same outfit for Golden Ranger but different ones for the rest. Pretty strange :P

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:35 pm

The first three seasons of PR used the costumes from ZyuRanger. But DragonRanger footage was limited (since he was a special random appearance sort of character), so Saban decided to turn Tommy into the white ranger, using footage of KibaRanger and his mecha from DaiRanger.

The ZyuRanger mecha (the dinosaurs) were only used in the first season of PR, though. Second season used the DaiRanger mecha as the "Thunderzords", and the third season and movie used KakuRanger mecha as the "Ninjazords".

After that, they stopped using the ZyuRanger costumes and made PR correspond to Super Sentai a bit better, starting with Zeo/OhRanger, and changing it up once a year just like in Japan.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:39 pm

TripleRach wrote:The first three seasons of PR used the costumes from ZyuRanger. But DragonRanger footage was limited (since he was a special random appearance sort of character), so Saban decided to turn Tommy into the white ranger, using footage of KibaRanger and his mecha from DaiRanger.

The ZyuRanger mecha (the dinosaurs) were only used in the first season of PR, though. Second season used the DaiRanger mecha as the "Thunderzords", and the third season and movie used KakuRanger mecha as the "Ninjazords".

After that, they stopped using the ZyuRanger costumes and made PR correspond to Super Sentai a bit better, starting with Zeo/OhRanger, and changing it up once a year just like in Japan.
That is really interesting! I'd be interested in reading more! Could you point me to a good website with that info?

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:41 am

Gods, Saban (or whoever does the show nowadays) would make a mint if they released the old-school seasons on DVD with their Japanese counterparts on the same discs...

There might be a licensing issue, but I don't see why not.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:45 am

Ironically enough Disney does Power Rangers, has since Gaoranger/Wild Force. They have released Ninja Storm/Hurrianranger and Dino Thunder/Abbaranger on DVD but english only, also a "best of" DVD for old shows again power rangers only but yes that would be awesome to get power rangers and the corresponding Japanese episode but its not just audio diffrences thered have to be two seperate video sets (nmaybe double sided DVD?)
-Laserkid

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:39 am

Man, that'd be a dream come true if they decided to release such a sweet DVD set! Anyone getting back to me on that website request? ^^;

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:12 am

For super sentai shows:

http://www.supersentai.com

for Power Rangers:

http://www.rangercentral.com/

both are ran by the same team and are very good sites.

If you just want to see Zyuranger:

http://www.supersentai.com/database/199 ... index.html

If you just want to see MMPR (pre Zeo or anything else):

http://www.rangercentral.com/data-mmpr.htm

Yes, I'm a Power Rangers and Sentai geek, sad to say.
-Laserkid