Kaioken Kamehameha ???

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

p123
Advanced Regular

Kaioken Kamehameha ???

Post by p123 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:38 am

What's the deal with it? It doesn't seem to do it's job, when it should. I think I found an explantion... In my other post, I went on how ki amplification is an addition, that has a max ability to top out at a certain multiplication... We know Kaioken was abandoned, and it's quite possible that KKx20 is stronger than the SSJ boost at least in the Buu Saga. I think my theory helps ease both scenarios of why Vegeta/Freeza didn't die, and why Kaioken is never seen or heard of again...

I think there is something going on with the Kaioken Kamehameha. Here is what I think...

Goku 8,000
~ Kamehameha 17,760

Goku 8,000
~ Kaioken 16,000
~ KK Kamehameha 33,760

As you can see, with Kaioken , Goku's amplification rate is nowhere near as strong as it was for Base Goku... I believe that Goku's Kaioken does not allow for it to be amplified off of his Kaioken power, and Kamehameha can only be amplified over pure forms of a Saiyan, as in Base/SSJ etc... So it would be one of the major drawbacks of Kaioken, and a huge reason not to use it anymore, not to mention it tops at 10x being an effective fighting form, and 20x totally exhausts you...

Let's see how this effects the Freeza scenario....

Goku 3,000,000
~ KKx20 60,000,000
~ KKx20 Kamehameha 66,600,000
~ SSJ 150,000,000

Freeza 50% 72,500,000
~100% 145,000,000

The KKx20 Kamehameha vs 50% Freeza scenario has always been odd. First off, to take care of the obvious, 145/150? I thought it was 120/150? Well, I don't think the Daiz was able to understand what rivaling range is apparent by Saibamen 1200/Raditz 1500. So I think the Daiz was off a bit, and have adjusted that up a bit... I believe that 145/150 is much more likely, since Freeza fights pretty much on par with Goku, and there were no signs of Goku just dominating him... We can go on about that in a different thread though...

Ok... So as you can see, this seems to make sense of the scenario... Kuririn also comments that Goku's Kamehameha SHOULD'VE been outrageous. Which implies that it wasn't.. Which could just be talking about Freeza's apparent strength, but I think there's room to tie that into this...

Ok, so I have

Saibamen 1,200
Raditz 1,250

Saibamen are 96% of Raditz, IMO a true rivaling range like the manga indicates...

Goku's Kamehameha was 924 as we all know, and that would have been 74% of Raditz power based on my numbers. As we can see, Raditz is able to block it with one hand, and receive no damage...

Now let's check out Nappa...

Gohan's Masenko 2,800
Nappa 3,000
~ True Power 8,000

I have Nappa at like 97% of Goku or something like that. A true rivaling range that is displayed by him and Goku's draw. Not a big issue, but just to let you know where I am getting my numbers from... Nappa cannot power up, but as we can see, Raditz/Nappa/Vegeta are all stated to have changed their power. Yet they are stated to be unable to alter their battle power. So we call this surfacing your ki. Nappa uses more effort and more power throughout the fight with the Z Senshi, yet he never actually powers up, as in his scouter reading would always be the same...

So I think Nappa was fighting the Z Senshi at around 3,000. Give or take a couple of hundred I would guess. Vegeta obviously thinks of 2,800 as a threat to Nappa, yet also thinks that Nappa has a chance to win against a power over 8,000. Kind of contradictory quotes from Vegeta since he apparently cannot sense ki at this point, but I guess we should assume Vegeta has a good eye for how Nappa is fighting, and if he is going all out or not, just based on how well he knows Nappa. Or something.. Lol...

Ok, so check this out...

2,800 is 93% of 3,000...

I think Nappa who is obviously threatened by this, would be hurt really bad if he just took the blast head on, and I think Nappa would have burnt his hand or even worse, if he just simply put his hand out to block it.. As we can see , Nappa goes all out, and punches the blast away... IMO, a superior form of tanking would be simply putting your hand out. Nappa uses a lot of effort to punch back the blast, and his hand is swollen from it anyhow...

So, I think Freeza would have been ok , or wouldn't have had a burnt hand if he punched away Goku's blast, but instead foolishly tried to handle it by simply blocking it...

So...

Goku's Kamehameha is 74% of Raditz. He can block with one hand , with no damage...

Gohan's Masenko is 93% of Nappa, he can punch it, but he can't block it with one hand too strong...Nappa's hand is swollen for his efforts..

Goku's KKx20 Kamehameha is 91% of Freeza, who shows what would happen if Nappa just had put his hand up. Freeza is not killed, but his hand is burnt..

I know a lot of this segment has strayed away from some of the logic from the Daiz, but hopefully you guys can keep an open mind, and take this seriously... I have put a lot of thought and effort into this, and hopefully I will get thoughtful responses back. Thanks I know the read was long, but I would really like to hear other's opinions on this.. Thanks for your time..