Child of Katatz fanfic/doujin?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Child of Katatz fanfic/doujin?

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:38 pm

I've been thinking of writing a fanfic about the child of Katatz and Piccolo Daimao's backstory, but I'm lacking inspiration. I would look to the anime, but I don't even own the Dragon Boxes and I'm so scrapped for cash at the moment, not to mention the rest of the stuff that I'm saving up for.

So, has anyone read or themselves written some really good fanfics or doujin about the child of Katatz's backstory that they'd like to share?
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Child of Katatz fanfic?

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:So, has anyone read or themselves written some really good fanfics about the child of Katatz's backstory that they'd like to share?
No, but I could imagine a story like a Superman Origins(or whatever the story about Superman as a baby escaping his exploding planet is called) story or something.
I mean it's basically the same idea(although Goku's story has the planet exploding, while TSOK's story doesn't).

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:57 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:I've been thinking of writing a fanfic about the child of Katatz and Piccolo Daimao's backstory, but I'm lacking inspiration. I would look to the anime, but I don't even own the Dragon Boxes and I'm so scrapped for cash at the moment, not to mention the rest of the stuff that I'm saving up for.

So, has anyone read or themselves written some really good fanfics about the child of Katatz's backstory that they'd like to share?
I've been looking for fanfics regarding the character on and off for several months myself, and this is the closest I've found. Give it a read, but it's pretty good if you ask me.

For what it's worth, though, I've been working on a fic regarding this myself, and I've got a few chapters down in my notebook at the moment. A friend of mine gave it a quick look and said it sounded too angsty. :lol: I doubt I'll type it up or put it on FFN or a related site for quite some time, though, as I'll probably go back and revise it a good number of times before I even feel close to satisfied enough to put it anywhere.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:So, has anyone read or themselves written some really good fanfics about the child of Katatz's backstory that they'd like to share?
Not to toot my own horn, but... yes. 8)

Dragon Ball GT Revised: Cataclysm
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:57 pm

I always wanted to make a web comic about that. Well, maybe someday.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Kaboom's fic. ^^; It doesn't pertain to his life on Earth at all, but it's certainly one of the better fics I've read in my day. It just doesn't focus on that particular character.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:21 am

Thanks, guys. I forgot to ask if any of you guys have seen any good doujin about the child of Katatz's backstory too.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Child of Katatz fanfic/doujin?

Post by Velasa » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:19 am

I wrote one years ago. It's a little rough, but I still kinda like it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/643120/1/Th ... _young_boy

DS: The Sundering has always been one of my favorites, excelent story.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]