Video Project: Chronologically Confused About DB DVDs

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.
User avatar
DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1770
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:38 pm

Video Project: Chronologically Confused About DB DVDs

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon May 30, 2011 2:58 am

Hey, daizex'rs

I've actually had this idea floating in my head for some time after seeing AVGN's Chronologically Confused Videos, but it wasn't until now that I've started actually setting some things up. I'm sure you guys are the last to be told just how confusing DB's DVD releases are. So, based on daizex's lovely DVD guide, I've been able to make a script and have hunted down some harmony gold clips among others to string together for a (hopefully) short video. Considering just how messed up all three series are, I figured I'd hit up DB first, then GT, then hit the biggie that is DBZ.

Problem is I'm having some noob trouble. Dunno how taboo the topic of downloading clips that would be unattainable otherwise (not even Cartoon Network is vain enough to have an official release of their commercials) but I figured I'd bring it up. I've been having some trouble pulling some needed clips into Windows Movie Maker. At first, I thought it was just the program, but when I tried using iMovie at my school, the same problem happened. The thing is, I've been able to pull a Toonami commercial to the editor fine, but when it came to these two videos, an error message popped up ("The specified module could not be found"). I saved them all in the same format (.mp4 in this case, though I noticed the same problem would happen regardless of format), so I don't know what's up.

If any video-savvy people can gimme a hand (or in an extreme case, just end up being the video editor on the project altogether) that'd be great.