Bebi-Vegeta (... is NOT in DBZ3)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

evilone

Bebi-Vegeta (... is NOT in DBZ3)

Post by evilone » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:32 pm

i have heard from www.gamefaqs.com and www.cheatcodes.com that you can get bebi vegeta in DBZ:budaki 3, i was wondering if this is true :?:

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:38 pm

No, neither Baby Vegeta or any form of Baby is playable in Budokai 3.
Also, if you want to continue residence at this forum I suggest you clean up your spelling and grammar.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Bebi-Vegeta (... is NOT in DBZ3)

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:10 pm

evilone wrote:i have heard from www.gamefaqs.com and www.cheatcodes.com that you can get bebi vegeta in DBZ:budaki 3, i was wondering if this is true :?:
http://www.daizex.com/interaction/board/

http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=1179

That is all.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

evilone

Post by evilone » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:17 pm

Oh, well english has never been my strong subject and i once played a game where they spelled his name Bebi thats why I got confused. Anyways, thank you for clearing that Baby problem up and I know my friend will like me saveing him the trouble of actually trying to get him.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:44 pm

No, spelling the name as "Bebi" is completely fine. Everything else is what needs work. Really bad.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dewgel

Post by Dewgel » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:26 pm

VegettoEX wrote:No, spelling the name as "Bebi" is completely fine. Everything else is what needs work. Really bad.
It annoys me too when people type like that, but I think you take it a bit too far, mate.

-Steve

ngnikolaos
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ngnikolaos » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:24 pm

Guess the Webmaster wants to keep the forum in a respectable tone... I don't blame him. I have been in the Gamefaqs forums and I've had a hard time understanding just what the flark the posters were typing.

I know that being European (England aside) is a minus when reading (or trying to read) local American, but even so, someone who speaks the language SHOULD expect decent reading and syntax when entering a forum.

...which is why I understand Vegetto EX's move of strict rules concerning spelling.
"Destiny"... people claim by force what they desire, wreak havoc upon others in order to acquire it... and they call it "destiny".

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:21 pm

ngnikolaos wrote:Guess the Webmaster wants to keep the forum in a respectable tone... I don't blame him. I have been in the Gamefaqs forums and I've had a hard time understanding just what the flark the posters were typing.
Thats my thoughts as well. In the long run, I think it's no surprise that Daizenshuu Ex forums are as popular as they are; I would say it's because of Mike's heavy reinforcement of 'decent' grammar that has done well for the forums.

He may be a little hard on people from time to time, but you can't blame him for not wanting Daizenshuu Ex to turn into another GameFaqs, or IGN... hell, it's nearly impossible to read anything anyone says there, which is just down right asinine.

I think people have to get back in touch with the mentality that what they type isn't for their own benefit, but the person who reads it. But some people are just fucking dumb... so I wouldn't hold my breath.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:22 pm

Dewgel wrote:It annoys me too when people type like that, but I think you take it a bit too far, mate.

-Steve
You agree to certain rules when you sign up on the forum. If you choose not to follow the very rules you just agreed to follow, I have every right to tell you how you should be acting on the forum that I run.

When you're a guest in someone else's homeland, you act accordingly.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:22 am

VegettoEX wrote:When you're a guest in someone else's homeland, you act accordingly.
Quite a bit off topic, but I'd like to point out that that is a neat dare I say 'expression'- you've got there Mike.

I couldn't say if it's an old adage that you're simply using in the appropriate context, or something you made up; but it's quote worthy.

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:20 am

Bebi would have been a nice edition in my opinion. I liked the fact he was fairly original (species wanting revenge against the saiyans for the damage they caused his race), but I think he would have worked best if there was a bit of What-If in the story, like Buu's What If absorptions from DBZB2. Only having him absorb Gohan and Vegeta would have been a waste in my opinion.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:01 pm

Baby is too much like Broly, but with the ability to take over a person. We got Broly, and because of that- I am willing to believe it sold better in the US because of his inclusion.

Dewgel

Post by Dewgel » Sat May 07, 2005 11:54 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Dewgel wrote:It annoys me too when people type like that, but I think you take it a bit too far, mate.

-Steve
You agree to certain rules when you sign up on the forum. If you choose not to follow the very rules you just agreed to follow, I have every right to tell you how you should be acting on the forum that I run.

When you're a guest in someone else's homeland, you act accordingly.
By all means that is true. And as I said, it annoys me too. But I believe you should give people the benefit of the doubt, because some people can't help being lesser educated in English, such as dyslexia, or possibly even foreign.

On the other hand, IF DEY BEGIN TEYPIN LIK DIZ DEN I TINK U SHUD TEL DEM 2 C A D0CTAH.

Anyway, it's none of my business. But I just though I'd tell you this.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat May 07, 2005 12:24 pm

They are given the benfit of the doubt, they are reminded multiple times, and short of them acting like an idiot solely for the sake of acting like an idiot, they are given multiple chances.

There's nothing I hate more than a thread going off-topic to debate the rules of a forum... ;_;.

Dewgel

Post by Dewgel » Sun May 08, 2005 12:49 pm

VegettoEX wrote:They are given the benfit of the doubt, they are reminded multiple times, and short of them acting like an idiot solely for the sake of acting like an idiot, they are given multiple chances.

There's nothing I hate more than a thread going off-topic to debate the rules of a forum... ;_;.
Then continue this in Private Messaging.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun May 08, 2005 1:02 pm

Dewgel wrote:Then continue this in Private Messaging.
I'm the owner/moderator. I'm free to type whatever I deem necessary in order to continue the normal, natural, and intended flow of conversation, even if that (ironically) goes against the very rules I set forth. It's called "maintenance," and is what keeps the board healthy and alive as set forth by the original "experiment," if you will.

I have no reason to PM anyone with my reasonings or justifications for anything; however, you're more than always welcome to do so with me, either through PMs, IMs, e-mail, or whatever. I'm the most open and welcoming site maintainer you're going to find, these days :).

And with that, this thread is obviously useless, now.