Spike and Namco Bandai make 2011's best selling game maker

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Spike and Namco Bandai make 2011's best selling game maker

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:42 am

So, it's not entirely Dragonball related but I found this and thought it was very odd.

http://kotaku.com/5821519/2011s-biggest ... pan-so-far

If you didn't read the link, the period is between December 27, 2010 and June 26, 2011.

Spike made #10 and Namco-Bandai made #1. I'm not sure what else Spike makes outside of the Dragonball franchise but this was very weird to me. Thoughts?
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Spike and Namco Bandi make 2011's best selling game make

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:13 am

Bandai. There's an "a" in there. I don't think I've ever seen you spell it correctly :P.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Re: Spike and Namco Bandai make 2011's best selling game mak

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:58 am

Wow, I feel silly! :lol: I'll keep an eye on that in the future.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

mystic trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mystic trunks » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:49 pm

The other companies must not have made as many games...

Jaruka
Regular

Post by Jaruka » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:21 pm

Spike have published a lot of games in Japan such as the first Bioshock, they probably get a lot of their money from moves like that.
mysticboy wrote:Raditz has the durability of 3 moons.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:35 pm

Jaruka wrote:Spike have published a lot of games in Japan such as the first Bioshock, they probably get a lot of their money from moves like that.
Their western games sell alright, I guess, but they aren't their major money makers. The games that sell for them are things like Shiren The Wanderer, Kenka Bancho, Way of the Samurai, and Dagan Ronpa. But even then, none of those games hit 200k. This is just a sign of how weak the software market is in Japan right now.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Sad thing is they wont be there come December. I'm not insulting, I'm just pointing out the year's heavy hitters come from around September to November time. As he(?) have more FPS (god I hate those) Batman Arkham city and more all coming soon(?).

Still cool for them now though.