Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.
-
SRB2Unleashed
- Regular
- Posts: 717
- Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:06 am
Post
by SRB2Unleashed » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:26 pm
Now for those familiar to the DBZ Boys and Girls Club Dub...just ignore it cause that's not what I'm aiming for.

So I realized this past summer assisting at the Boys and Girls Club...it sucked. So I contacted one of the higher up staff on Facebook asking if I could put together dubs of Dragon Ball Kai, One Piece and Sonic X. He wants me to get all 3 dubs together by Spring 2012. So I'm starting with Kai. I want to get the first 54 episodes dubbed before June 2012. I have no idea if I want to use the Yamamoto score or not, but I probably will so that way I can save time placing SFX in the tracks. I need people to audition for roles though, I want a different take on most (if not all) characters, but don't be silly, guys. I want the first 26 episodes dubbed by the end of January 2012. I'm not using the Nicktoons edited version for the visual footage just so I can keep stuff Nicktoons cut and somethings Nicktoons kept I might have to cut. That and I want to dub the sponsor cards and Dream 9 eyecatches as well. If anyone can help with supplying HD recordings of those outside of YouTube links, PM me. I also plan on dubbing Dragon Soul, and any insert songs. If you want to help out with any other of the mentioned dubs, PM me.
Voice cast list:
Goku -
Gohan -
Krillin -
Vegeta -
Nappa -
Yamcha -
Chiatzou -
Freeza -
Bardock -
Tien -
Dodoria -
Zarbon -
Chi Chi -
Roshi -
Oolong -
Puar -
Cui -
Dende -
Shenron -
Porunga -
Nail -
Piccolo -
Raditz -
I know I'm missing a few characters, i'll list them later
-
Bee
- Newbie
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 5:58 pm
Post
by Bee » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:45 pm
I'm thinking of getting a microphone this week, but I could probably do Krillin and Frieza (Base and Final Forms, my voice isn't low enough to do his second and third forms, I could possibly lower it, but probably not). Don't quote me on this, though. It may take a while to get a microphone. Are you wanting voices that sound like the Funimation dub or voices that fit the character?
-
SRB2Unleashed
- Regular
- Posts: 717
- Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:06 am
Post
by SRB2Unleashed » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:59 pm
Bee wrote:Are you wanting voices that sound like the Funimation dub or voices that fit the character?
A little bit of both, please.
-
funrush
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2073
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:54 pm
- Location: United States
Post
by funrush » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:00 pm
I could do Freeza, and maybe Vegeta, but I'd need a mic that isn't crappy first. I'm thinking of getting a headset soon, so.
-
Innagadadavida
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3480
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:25 am
- Location: Arkansas, USA
Post
by Innagadadavida » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:32 pm
I think you're underestimating how much work you have ahead of you. You will not get 26 episodes dubbed by January. Especially if you are relying on other unpaid people for voice talent.
-
funrush
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2073
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:54 pm
- Location: United States
Post
by funrush » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:27 pm
True. 26 could maybe be done by February, at the earliest.
-
SRB2Unleashed
- Regular
- Posts: 717
- Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:06 am
Post
by SRB2Unleashed » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:20 pm
I see. I will atleast try to get the visual edits done by then.
-
Innagadadavida
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3480
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:25 am
- Location: Arkansas, USA
Post
by Innagadadavida » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:59 pm
I will give you my entire Dragon Ball collection if you can produce 26 dubbed episodes in 4 months. Not even FUNimation can do that. And they have professional equipment and payed actors.
-
Pokewhiz7
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2196
- Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:11 pm
- Location: United States
Post
by Pokewhiz7 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:05 pm
I'll record a bunch of auditions and send them to you.
-
SRB2Unleashed
- Regular
- Posts: 717
- Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:06 am
Post
by SRB2Unleashed » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:30 pm
Innagadadavida wrote:I will give you my entire Dragon Ball collection if you can produce 26 dubbed episodes in 4 months. Not even FUNimation can do that. And they have professional equipment and payed actors.
I understand I completely underestimated myself

sowwy.
-
funrush
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2073
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:54 pm
- Location: United States
Post
by funrush » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:05 pm
The most you could do in 4 months is, say, 12-16 episodes. Still a lot, though.
-
Kuhan
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 325
- Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:55 am
-
Contact:
Post
by Kuhan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:37 am
I'll send some stuff in by the end of the week. Are there any audition lines you could provide?
P.S.: I'd also be interested in helping out with the other two as well; I'll shoot you a PM later
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/kuhan
-
funrush
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2073
- Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:54 pm
- Location: United States
Post
by funrush » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:05 am
I need to get a headset quick so I might be able to audition for this. Any suggestions?