Off-Topic Forum?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ultimate Saiyan Trunks

Off-Topic Forum?

Post by Ultimate Saiyan Trunks » Sat May 21, 2005 1:47 pm

I was wondering, why is there not an Off-Topic Forum Mike?

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Sat May 21, 2005 2:08 pm

I'm not Mike, but I can say it's because this is a Dragon Ball board and if there was an Off-Topic section people would come just for that.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sat May 21, 2005 2:16 pm

Well, we have an unofficial off-topic forum - DaizenshuuEX Randomness. It's for DaizEX members who want to discuss something other than DB. The link can be found in Xyex's signature. And be good there. I'm a mod. 8)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat May 21, 2005 2:20 pm

This is a community for readers of the website and fans to come and discuss various things that are covered on this website. These topics happen to include DragonBall and anime music videos.

This website does not cover other things, and therefore we do not discuss them.

In general practice, forums that have "off-topic" sections always have those grow to be the main focus of gathering and conversation, far exceeding the actual, original intent of the forum. This also fosters an environment where structure is less important than people being idiots for the sake of being idiots for the sake of attention for the sake of they're complete dolts.

That's not what Daizenshuu EX is about, and we will never have that kind of community.
Last edited by VegettoEX on Sat May 21, 2005 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Ultimate Saiyan Trunks

Post by Ultimate Saiyan Trunks » Sat May 21, 2005 8:27 pm

I see, well power to you on that. Most Webmasters only care about the activity of their Forum & nothing more, so an Off-Topic Forum would help. But that's so cool of you to think the way you do.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat May 21, 2005 9:52 pm

Ultimate Saiyan Trunks wrote:I see, well power to you on that. Most Webmasters only care about the activity of their Forum & nothing more, so an Off-Topic Forum would help. But that's so cool of you to think the way you do.
I couldn't care less what the activity level of the forum is. I'm also not a greedy attention-whore spamming my users with advertisements and endless divisions of forum/thread separations like you may see elsewhere.

What I like about the forum, even though it's exponentionally grown since the early "experiment" days, is that it's still at a level where I can browse almost every thread and keep an eye on everything. Not that I need to... what's nice about the forum is that, for the most part, the sheer intellect of the general forum member here simply drives away any random idiot off the street who can't be bothered to read more than a sentence at a time. Smart forum members means less I have to deal with as an administrator.

And that's always been the entire goal since day one, as coordinated through strict enforcement of our non-traditional rules.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:28 am

On a similar note, I was thinking the other day how useful it would be if these boards had a forum dealing exclusively with discussing the Japanese language...
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:20 pm

The S wrote:On a similar note, I was thinking the other day how useful it would be if these boards had a forum dealing exclusively with discussing the Japanese language...
In theory, it would be nice, but such things always seem to degenerate into "OMG translate this for me!" instead of people asking constructive questions that deepen their understanding of the language.

That's my thought on it, anyhow.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:37 pm

Aye, I guess that makes sense.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Ero-Sennin

Post by Ero-Sennin » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:47 pm

O.o Makes a change that i'm actually posting here, god knows how long I've been around, B any ideas?

Well just in case anyone lazy here stumbles across this and can't be bothered to look for Xyex and his sig here's the link to randomness. Sorry if you don't want me to do this Mike.

http://daizexrandom.proboards29.com/index.cgi
Dark souls come dime a dozen, a truely pure soul is priceless, whilst a truely corrupted one is worthless.