New CDs.

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Entropy

New CDs.

Post by Entropy » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:08 pm

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:21 pm

>.>

I'll probably get them both =3
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:32 pm

how many times can those two songs be remade?

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:32 pm

I'll be satisfied when they release a full soundtrack of the entire BGM from all three series.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Adnan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adnan » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:09 am

kenisu3000 wrote:I'll be satisfied when they release a full soundtrack of the entire BGM from all three series.
Well there is one that comes close. The DragonBall & DragonBall Z: Daizenshuu five disc set contains most the BGM (and many songs too) from DB and DBZ (and up until Movie 9 of DBZ).
Nothing from GT but still, if you don't have this set you must get it.

More info here:

http://www.daizex.com/multimedia/music/cd_sets.shtml

Heh. I noticed Mike made slight changes to his review :wink:. It used to say that the Columbia originals were so hard to find and that this set is *that* good that you might as well get the SonMay ones. Either the Columbia originals are more widely available now or Mike's getting more politically correct... :D

One thing I do agree with is to be careful because sellers try to pass off the SonMay discs as originals and therefore charge a lot more than they should be.

Anyway, I won't tell you what or what not to do except that you should get this set any way you can, if you don't have it already.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:33 pm

Adnan wrote:
kenisu3000 wrote:I'll be satisfied when they release a full soundtrack of the entire BGM from all three series.
Well there is one that comes close. The DragonBall & DragonBall Z: Daizenshuu five disc set contains most the BGM (and many songs too) from DB and DBZ (and up until Movie 9 of DBZ).
Nothing from GT but still, if you don't have this set you must get it.

More info here:

http://www.daizex.com/multimedia/music/cd_sets.shtml

Heh. I noticed Mike made slight changes to his review :wink:. It used to say that the Columbia originals were so hard to find and that this set is *that* good that you might as well get the SonMay ones. Either the Columbia originals are more widely available now or Mike's getting more politically correct... :D

One thing I do agree with is to be careful because sellers try to pass off the SonMay discs as originals and therefore charge a lot more than they should be.

Anyway, I won't tell you what or what not to do except that you should get this set any way you can, if you don't have it already.
Actually, I *do* already have it. It's satisfactory for a while, but it's still missing a heckuva lot of the BGM!
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Sylver_

Post by Sylver_ » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:58 am

just in case here are the details for the first new cd which will be released in 12 days in Japan
in addition there are samples of the rerecorded songs (awesome)

http://www.team-e.co.jp/products_new/kd ... index.html

Alchemist Ed
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alchemist Ed » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:55 am

Sylver_ wrote:just in case here are the details for the first new cd which will be released in 12 days in Japan

Um, Sylver_, you can't have images in your sig. And you might wanna change the grammar, because of the rules.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:57 am

Sylver_ wrote:just in case here are the details for the first new cd which will be released in 12 days in Japan

Hmm.

The first three tracks are pretty, err, different. And then track 4 is just really nice. Remix sounds interesting, too.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:00 am

Ugh.

If I wanted a MIDI, I'd listen to a MIDI. This isn't a 2005 version, this is a step backwards. For 2005, I was expecting... ya' know... stuff more like what was being done in the video games. Full band, rockin' music, etc. This is just garbage.

Stupid me having to own everything, anyway... :?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dragonbox2006
Banned

Post by dragonbox2006 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:39 am

no way............. I Love this!

* Great stuff!!!

I can't wait to get it!!!!

PS:
you have to remember that the music generation in JAPAN is not the same as USA. They are NOT into HARD ROCK n ROLL. They are more into HAPPY MUSIC. Simple and Good!

We should change our music style here to more happy.

GotenZ1
Patreon Supporter

Post by GotenZ1 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:45 pm

Well....at least the cover looks cool ^_^''

Hopefully the next CD may be a little more...modern. I have to agree with EX, this isn't the 80's.....sometimes I think Japan forgets that....

DBW
Regular

Post by DBW » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:47 pm

dragonbox2006 wrote:They are NOT into HARD ROCK n ROLL. They are more into HAPPY MUSIC. Simple and Good!
These songs were never hard rock to begin with, and I seriously doubt anybody was expecting hard rock. The problem is they sound like theme song MIDI samples that you download off the internet, not something to be released on a CD. It has nothing to do with happy music, it's just very poor sounding and should have been properly re-orchestrated.
GotenZ1 wrote:I have to agree with EX, this isn't the 80's.....sometimes I think Japan forgets that....
Ironically, the 80's versions of these songs actually were properly done and sounded awesome. This CD is practically going back to the stone age of electronic music.

PS: DJ Dr. Knob :lol:

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:49 am

I'm suprised EX hasnt yelled at dragonbox about his grammar.

Blastero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Blastero » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:42 am

I have to agree. Its fun to listen to once, but it just sounds like someone mixed a vocal track with a MIDI by Bruce Falconer. I though this was just going to be basically the same song with some enhanced music and new vocal recordings. Mezase Tenka-ichi sounds less like a MIDI. The problem is, it doesn't really sound, well, new to me. It just sounds like they bumped up the quality a tad bit from the original song.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:07 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:I'm suprised EX hasnt yelled at dragonbox about his grammar.
Stop being a dick.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SDHero
Beyond Newbie

Post by SDHero » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:16 am

Is anyone else unable to listen to the samples? Am I missing a format somewhere?
SJ Dragonball Graphic Novel, Volume 9, page 60. That is all.

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:47 am

I couldn't play them in firefox neither, so I copied the link directly in my Mediaplayer.
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

SDHero
Beyond Newbie

Post by SDHero » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:24 pm

Heh, once again, I've forgotten running Firefox can cause problems, because it so rarely does :P Thanks.
SJ Dragonball Graphic Novel, Volume 9, page 60. That is all.

Commander_Red
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Commander_Red » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:44 am

dragonbox2006 wrote: you have to remember that the music generation in JAPAN is not the same as USA. They are NOT into HARD ROCK n ROLL. They are more into HAPPY MUSIC. Simple and Good!
The Budokai 3 theme was happy and it also wasn't as synthesised as this stuff is.
Hiroki Takahashi sounds a bit different as well. I prefer the originals to these but that's just me.