What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:41 pm

Nintendo has revealed accessories of Wii U, and one of them is the Wii U Pro Controller:

http://youtu.be/Ui8vPmQLBh0

The revelation of the controller got me so excited for Nintendo it's unbelievable, since Nintendo has became uninterested for quite some years for me, but they're gonna be back with an awesome hardcore console and a badass controller!

Now I wonder, what kind of games would I like to see on Nintendo's Wii U?
01. Battle Stadium D.O.N [HD]
02. Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure [HD]
03. Dragon Ball Burst Limit 2 (doesn't exist)
04. Dragon Ball Zenkai Battle Royale
05. Dragon Ball Tenkaichi Tag Team [HD]
06. Dragon Ball Boo's Fury [HD]
07. Dragon Ball For Kinect - Wii U Edition
08. Dragon Ball Legends
09. Dragon Ball Supersonic Warriors
10. Dragon Ball Infinite World
11. Dragon Ball BT + RB HD Remix

It's just a fan-list for the newest console of Nintendo, Namco Bandai could surely make a lot of Dragon Ball fans get a Wii U essentially for Dragon Ball games if all of them were brand new and superb!

But probably not, unfortunately, if they did they would have released if for Xbox 360 and PS3, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't since both of them are capable of running all games.

PS3 has 256 MB and Xbox 360 has 512 MB but in terms of gaming, they're pretty much the same. :P
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:43 pm

I guess they could release Zenkai Battle Royale on the Wii U next year.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:55 pm

Maybe an RPG game that can implement the Wii U's tablet based controller. It could make transformations easier to pull off or items to select.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:23 pm

So its a 360 controller with the right analog stick and buttons switched... I guess theres only so many controller setups that can work good so whatever.

But for a DBZ game I really want a good fighter. I would be happy with any style as long as its a good fighter so it could be a Tenkaichi style, Budokai style, or even Battle Stadium DON style.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:55 am

Ports of the game's we currently have. If you're expecting an original game exclusive to Wii U I'd have to say you're funny.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:42 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Ports of the game's we currently have. If you're expecting an original game exclusive to Wii U I'd have to say you're funny.
:P

Nintendo consoles has been getting their exclusive Dragon Ball games where the others didn't.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:35 am

It depends what the main DBZ game of 2013 will be. If it's Zenkai Battle Royale then we could guess that Bandai Namco will release it on the PS3, 360 and the Wii U. They released the second Sparking game on the Wii in 2006, so anything is possible.
She/Her

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:59 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Ports of the game's we currently have. If you're expecting an original game exclusive to Wii U I'd have to say you're funny.
Yeah, a game made exclusively for the Wii U tablet controller would almost be as silly as a game made exclusively for the Xbox 360's Kinect. Good thing that'll never happen!
Last edited by Taku128 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
­

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:00 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:Nintendo consoles has been getting their exclusive Dragon Ball games where the others didn't.
Only because the Wii couldn't handle the current games. Now that the new one can, that's that.

We've seen this before. Budokai 1 and 2 were released on the GameCube and Sparking! Neo and Meteor (BT 2 and 3) were released on the Wii.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:56 am

Taku128 wrote:Yeah, a game made exclusively for the Wii U tablet controller would almost be as silly as a game made exclusively for the Xbox 360's Kinect. Good thing that'll never happen!
Xbox got an exclusive Dragon Ball game, so it's possible Nintendo does it again this gen.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:44 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I guess they could release Zenkai Battle Royale on the Wii U next year.
IIRC, Zenkai Battle Royale runs on a system that is compatible with PS3, so it would be released on PS3.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:50 am

Man you really like that 360 controller remake don't you. :lol:

I wouldn't expect any new games made exclusive for the Wii-U, at least not in the first year. Most likely, if we are lucky to get another game after this Kinect one, we'll see it on all 3 consoles. That's my guess anyway.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:26 pm

kei17 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:I guess they could release Zenkai Battle Royale on the Wii U next year.
IIRC, Zenkai Battle Royale runs on a system that is compatible with PS3, so it would be released on PS3.
IIRC, that Zenkai Battle Royale also runs on a system that Tekken 6 also used? That game end up being ported over to the 360 and the Wii U is supposed to be bit stronger then the 360 & PS3?
She/Her

MewtwoZX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MewtwoZX » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:31 pm

I wouldn't mind a GT Game in style of Tenkaichi Daibouken, only with more remastered Gameplay and even better Graphic (Though even Tenkaichi Daibouken had awesome quality).

I want a game with Ledgic and all Rildo forms.

Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:34 pm

The controller looks like for shooters, is it even possible to play traditional fighters or any oldschool games properly with it?
If it's games like DBZ RB or whatever, then we would likely get ports of PS3 games. But I don't have any ideas of how include the other controller (the table thing)...
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:19 pm

Super Saiyajin Luffy wrote:The controller looks like for shooters, is it even possible to play traditional fighters or any oldschool games properly with it?
Wait, what? It's got a traditional d-pad and diagonally-arranged face buttons just like every other modern controller, which you can easily play any type of game on, old-school or otherwise. It's not like it's the Gamecube controller with its gigantic "A" button, smaller "B" button, and outside "X/Y" buttons (which necessitated an "EO" -- "Easy Operation" -- version of Capcom vs SNK 2).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:12 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
:P

Nintendo consoles has been getting their exclusive Dragon Ball games where the others didn't.
The one Nintendo exclusive console game in the past 15 years is one of the largest failures this franchise has ever seen. Tenkaichi Daiboken sold that poorly, where as ports of old janky Spike games sold very well on Wii. What do you think Namco Bandai is going to invest in given that precedent?
Taku128 wrote:
Yeah, a game made exclusively for the Wii U tablet controller would almost be as silly as a game made exclusively for the Xbox 360's Kinect. Good thing that'll never happen!
Given the myriad of Dragon Ball games on DS, and how so many of them wouldn't be any different if they were on a platform without a touch screen I really doubt any Dragon Ball game on Wii U will make good use of that tablet controller. As stated many times before as well, DBZ for Kinect is an exceedingly rare situation of repackaging old content for a new audience. If you want DBZ Touch Sports reusing more assets from whatever game Spike throws up next be my guest.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:IIRC, that Zenkai Battle Royale also runs on a system that Tekken 6 also used? That game end up being ported over to the 360 and the Wii U is supposed to be bit stronger then the 360 & PS3?
Yes, what's so damn important where Zenkai Battle Royale runs, if it's developed correctly for said consoles it'll work just fine.

Plus, PS3 has 256 MB while Xbox 360 512 MB, and not sure yet how much ram Wii U has but probably more than PS3 does. Though, when it comes down to gaming, it seems to play pretty much the same on both.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:31 pm

The Wii U, PS4, and 720 may be closely spec'd.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:45 pm

mysticboy wrote:The Wii U, PS4, and 720 may be closely spec'd.
Sony and Microsoft said there won't be any new consoles for them, Microsoft has revealed a ton of new services that are coming to Xbox, so they're making Xbox far beyond than just a gaming console any more.

It's still a video game console but allows to do much more than just gaming, that's all.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray