In episode music.

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

In episode music.

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:42 pm

Yay, a new forum! I was going to post this in Dragon Ball questions but I think it will do nicely here. Okay, I was wondering if someone could tell me everytime they used a song with lyrics right in an episode of all three series. I know about the one when Goku is flying to the Red Ribbon base and Blue Travelers when he's flying with Upa and the one that plays as Gohan turns Super Saiyan 2. I was wondering if there are any more moments like this. Thanks.

Son Goku
Regular

Post by Son Goku » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:14 pm

DBGT 64 (can't beleve you forgot that :P )
I also go by "veemonjosh".

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:22 pm

And "Mind Power", which plays during Trunks' flashback during the Cell saga.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:42 pm

There were quite a few more times in DB.

DB 028 - Mezase Tenkaichi: towards the end of the Gokuu/Jackie Chun fight
DB 029 - Fushigi Wonderland: while Namu and Gokuu are flying on Kintoun
DB 030 - Dragon Ball Densetsu: during the opening narration
DB 033 - Dragon Ball Densetsu: while Kamesennin is explaining the legend of the DBs
DB 035 - Dragon Ball Densetsu: during the flashback to the first summoning of Shenlong
DB 043 - Son Gokuu Song: as Gokuu flies to West City following his reunion with Kintoun
DB 048 - Red Ribbon Army: during the scene with Blue's troops setting out from the base
DB 076 - Dragon Ball Densetsu: during the flashback/explanation scene about the DBs
DB 086 - Mezase Tenkaichi: during preliminary matches
DB 087 - Wolf Hurricane: as Yamcha and Tenshinhan fight
DB 095 - Mezase Tenkaichi: as Kuririn and Gokuu fight
DB 130 - Mutenroushi no Oshie: plays on a guy's car radio as Kuririn, et al, race towards the tower

Jord
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jord » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:53 pm

Ore Ga Yarankaya Dare Ga Yaru is played (instrumental) in one of the final episodes when Trunks visits Gohan in his house. It's the first episode that take place 10 years after the battle with Buu.

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:47 pm

tarsonis wrote:And "Mind Power", which plays during Trunks' flashback during the Cell saga.
Do you mean after they get beat up after the Androids? I watched the episode that I thought you were talking about (the one where both Trunks and the newly Perfect Cell have flashbacks) and there was no song.

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:44 pm

Slickmasterfunk wrote:Do you mean after they get beat up after the Androids? I watched the episode that I thought you were talking about (the one where both Trunks and the newly Perfect Cell have flashbacks) and there was no song.
No, it's in episode 139. While they're all on the airship, Trunks has a flashback to his time, which has the song playing.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:42 am

A song is played when Kaio is explaining the history of the Saiya-jin to Goku. There's also a Hironobu Kageyama song playing on Kame Sennin's radio when Bulma calls him from Namek. I don't know the names of these songs off the top of my head though, sorry.

DBW
Regular

Post by DBW » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:43 am

LOL, it seems I forgot to sign in... that last post was mine. :P

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:09 pm

Anonymous wrote:A song is played when Kaio is explaining the history of the Saiya-jin to Goku. There's also a Hironobu Kageyama song playing on Kame Sennin's radio when Bulma calls him from Namek. I don't know the names of these songs off the top of my head though, sorry.
The history of the Saiya-jin song is Shura-Iro no Senshi, and the song on Kame Sennin's radio is Fly High.
Oh dear, almost a month since the last reply. I hope that's not too necropost-ish...
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.