Weird theory I'd like a response to...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

parron
Not-So-Newbie

Weird theory I'd like a response to...

Post by parron » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:35 pm

Bit of background, first: I'm a writer of fanfiction, and while I was plotting out a story of mine I was thinking of enemies... I wanted something origional, and thought: "Hey... wouldn't it be cool if there was another Saiya-jin?" Of course, the problem with that is that *IF* someone else had survived, there would be no *WAY* they'd be powerful enough to hold up to a post-GT Vegita, etc.

Sooooo... I started thinking, and here's my big WHAT IF question I need responce on (so that you can tell me if it's too impossible).

WHAT IF the Saiya-jin on Vegita-sei were just a small division of the main group? It says in the timeline that they arrived on Tsufuru-sei out of no-where, and were only there for a fairly short time after concoring it before it was destroyed. What if King Vegita was actually just a general of the REAL Saiya-jin planet, and he and his troops were sent to concer a planet for the real King? King Vegita got arrogant and made himself king of the planet, naming it after him, etc? What if the main group of Saiya-jin didn't CARE, and so let this happen (for whatever reason)? Strength issues aside here (that's a completly different theory of mine), would that be plausable? Possible enough to write into a story? Or should I just forget the idea and make up some cousin of Furiza's or something?

Be harsh, but not mean.

Or ignore me entirely. I don't claim to be an all-knowing DBZ head, after all.

Thanks! (and sorry this is so long...)

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:28 pm

There's some good thought behind your ideas, though I have no idea how good the fic would actually be unless I read the finished deal. a lot just depends on how well you develop the idea. If its done with good taste and not just well...whatever (I'm not feeling very articulate) I'm sure it could work in the eyes of some fans.

One thing about your premise that others may attack, though, is that I think the whole story about the sayians arriving on planet Planet is that that part (which was the Kaiou-sama narrative) was anime filler, which also went claimed that the planet was destroyed by a disgruntled Kami. So...there's my response.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:20 pm

Is it the home planet? I'm not sure, I forget those types of things. Truthfully, anything is possible in fanfiction, but it's better when you don't alter the history of what you are writing fanfiction about. Make something that would actually be possible to tie into the real story.

If I remembered exactly if it was the home planet, I'd tell you. However, I don't. Freeza having a cousin is entirely possible, because even if Freeza claimed that everyone else of his spieces was killed, there's a chance that one got by that Freeza didn't know about. We'd only know for sure if Freeza used some "Other people of Freeza's race detector" and couldn't find anyone other than his father and brother (even still, it could have bugs and / or survivors might be out of range).

Go for it, just try not to alter history. Alright, parron?

parron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by parron » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:29 pm

n.n() The "alter history thing..." I wanted to know if I *would* be altering history by writing this, that's what I'm asking ya'll. Sorry if I wasn't really clear... thanks for the help, but it wasn't exactly what I needed. (Esh, now I sound rude...)

SonGohan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonGohan-san » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:56 pm

Well, to be candid, if you based it on the manga, then yes you would be. If you allow anime filler into your DB dogma, then not so much, but it would still be a stretch.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:32 am

You don't sound rude... actually, sorry for wasting your time with a message that didn't answer anything.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:50 am

Zackarotto wrote:You don't sound rude... actually, sorry for wasting your time with a message that didn't answer anything.
Isn't that what you always do Zacko? Zing!! :mrgreen:

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:22 am

Oh... yeah, I guess it is...

Uh oh, the teacher! (I'm wasting your time as usual)

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:00 pm

I swear, you're going to get kicked out of that class!

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:44 pm

I'm actually doing okay, this semester's mark for me in that class is 79. However, every computer I use seems to be broken by the next class, so I think the teacher is getting suspicious. I'm not doing anything, I swear!

I just don't have any time in the morning. I literally get up and walk out the door. That's why I check webcomics and go here when I should be working...

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:56 pm

Don't lie to me! I think you are breaking the computers! I think your practising for when you and Liam destroy the whole internet! :D

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:59 pm

Yeah, Jerseymilk. We practice for destroying the internet by breaking computers. That makes a lot of sense.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:09 pm

Well? It's one method, for when you go and destroy that mega-super computer that we all know exists somewhere in the world, that controls all of our little computers. It's a fact! 8)

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:15 pm

I seriously wonder where all these little facts of yours come from.

Aww, crap. I just realised that I've entered another two person conversation.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:27 pm

Gotcha!! :mrgreen: :twisted:

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:49 pm

You back me into a lot of these, don't you... why is it I never notice until it's to late.

Ahh! It's still going! Someone break this chain of evil!

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:53 pm

I was waiting for you two to get a room, personally.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:04 pm

I'm assuming you mean a chatroom...

...Right? :?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:25 pm

That's what I'm hoping. You know why I was hoping that? BECAUSE JERSEY'S MAH GIRL, BIZATCH!!!! Don't yuse touch her! :evil:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:29 pm

I'm sorry sensei! :cry: Zacko made me do it!