Super Saiyan God <=> Vegetto?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dark Red Z

Super Saiyan God <=> Vegetto?

Post by Dark Red Z » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:22 pm

Isn't canon Vegetto already stronger than this Super Saiyan God thing?
Why not grab another pair of Potara, feature Vegetto in a movie against Bils and call it a day?

JP6GAMER
Beyond Newbie

Re: Super Saiyan God <=> Vegetto?

Post by JP6GAMER » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:28 pm

Dark Red Z wrote:Isn't canon Vegetto already stronger than this Super Saiyan God thing?
Why not grab another pair of Potara, feature Vegetto in a movie against Bils and call it a day?
We still don't know how strong it exactly is, so everything involving SS God is just speculation.
" You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keep... his PRIDE! "-Vegeta

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:18 pm

I do think Potara could be easily exploited now that Mr. Buu is a good guy. All they would need to do to revert the fusion is getting absorbed by Mr. Buu and exiting his body. But this is something that will probably never be done since it's kinda "cheating" from a storytelling perspective.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:25 pm

Vegetto is the Super Saiyan God.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Rocketman wrote:Vegetto is the Super Saiyan God.
You would wish. :twisted:
For now, Birusu is stronger than Super Vegetto (until the movie proves otherwise, since Birusu is stated to be the strongest being in the history of "Z"), and Super Saiyan God Goku should be stronger than Super Vegetto as well.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:54 pm

↑ Proving just how little sense the movie makes.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:12 pm

I think they mean strongest villain so far and not that he is the strongest being of all times.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:23 pm

hleV wrote:↑ Proving just how little sense the movie makes.
It does violate the common sense of "Z" after all. :P
InfernalVegito wrote:I think they mean strongest villain so far and not that he is the strongest being of all times.
It's confirmed that he is the strongest villain in Z:
Freeza, Cell, and Majin Buu. There is a being that transcends them all.
But then there is this line:
We’ll be blunt about this at least: “Birusu” is without a doubt the strongest being in the history of “Z”!!!
For now, I say that he is stronger than Super Vegetto. But who knows what the movie will show us?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:33 pm

Yep we will see. Him being stronger than Vegetto would leave a bad taste for me though. Oh well.

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:38 pm

I'm not against a literal god being stronger than Vegetto.

What worries me is the gigantic pile of shit it'll be when ~*~*~*~*GOKUUUU*~*~*~*~ gets a boost to overpower said god.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:41 pm

Rocketman wrote:I'm not against a literal god being stronger than Vegetto.
Me neither. It's just that considering all 'gods' so far in the show do not deserve that title at all imo. If it's again like that then it'll be disappointing.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:43 pm

Rocketman wrote:I'm not against a literal god being stronger than Vegetto.

What worries me is the gigantic pile of shit it'll be when ~*~*~*~*GOKUUUU*~*~*~*~ gets a boost to overpower said god.
Well... Goku really is going to become a god himself... :roll:

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:11 pm

Why would Vegetto be stronger than SSJ God Goku? It's already been stated that Birisu is the strongest character in DBZ so even he surpasses Vegetto.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:18 pm

We can only wait and see what the answer is. So who knows. Everything is speculation until confirmed, even if there is weight behind the speculation.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:20 pm

hleV wrote:↑ Proving just how little sense the movie makes.
How does that make little sense? He is the God of destruction and oversees the balance of the universe. It's not hard to believe that he is stronger than Vegetto even if he is as strong as Goku x Vegeta.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:56 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:Why would Vegetto be stronger than SSJ God Goku? It's already been stated that Birisu is the strongest character in DBZ so even he surpasses Vegetto.
Because it's completely insane for Goku alone to be stronger than the same Goku combined with Vegeta.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Rocketman wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:Why would Vegetto be stronger than SSJ God Goku? It's already been stated that Birisu is the strongest character in DBZ so even he surpasses Vegetto.
Because it's completely insane for Goku alone to be stronger than the same Goku combined with Vegeta.
Its's SSJ God Goku. Not so hard to believe just by reading the name.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:15 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
Its's SSJ God Goku. Not so hard to believe just by reading the name.
Well when you consider what Gods are like before Bils it kinda is :lol: . Seriously they are all practically pathetic before Bils shows up and shows what they should be. I'm not sure myself if SSJG Goku> Vegetto since we have seen nothing yet, but we'll see.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:18 pm

deleted
Last edited by Fox666 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:22 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Well when you consider what Gods are like before Bils it kinda is :lol: . Seriously they are all practically pathetic before Bils shows up and shows what they should be. I'm not sure myself if SSJG Goku> Vegetto since we have seen nothing yet, but we'll see.
Bills is stated to be the strongest in the history of Z. It would seem to me Bills is stronger than Vegetto. The Kaios and the Kaioshins are lesser Gods and the movie pretty much makes Bills out to be the end all strongest thing the series we'll see besides Goku. I can see SSJ God Goku mopping the floor with Vegetto.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946