What is your most precious Dragon Ball related item?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

What is your most precious Dragon Ball related item?

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:02 pm

Mine is the poster I got for my birthday from my sister. I use it to go to cons and get DBZ voice actors to sign it. So far I have Sean Schemmel, Vic Mignogna, and Chris Sabat. I plan to get as many people as I can from the cast to sign it. Next up is Ryo Horikawa in May.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What is your most precious Dragon Ball related item?

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:32 am

Last volume of the UK Dragon Ball manga, that I got for Christmas from my Girlfriend, first year of our relationship. That's my precious item ever of all the shit I imported.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:52 am

I have quite a few of the Japanese Weekly Shonen Jump magazines which contain the original printings of the Dragon Ball manga. I imagine they're probably worth something :)

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:17 pm

I used to care deeply about my Kai "Dragon Soul" poster, but then it ripped and I've kind of just forgotten about it. Right now, I'd have to say my four star dragon ball. It unfortunately was chopped when I bought it, but it's a souvenir from Japan so I really like it!
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:30 pm

It's a toss-up between a couple things for me.

#1: My replica 4-star Dragon Ball, a gift from my girlfriend.
#2: My complete FUNi Z Dragon Boxes set.
#3: My copy of Kanzenban vol. 16, signed by Kageyama Hironobu.
#4: My copy of Daizenshuu #1: Complete Illustrations from Viz, because OOOOOH YES IT'S SO AMAZING.

I somehow feel obligated to pick the first one. :think:
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Elton Stryker
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Elton Stryker » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:10 am

Maybe the 3 Dragon Ball Z Super Butouden and 2 Chou Gokuden from Snes!
Chrono is son of Gogeta,Dai is son of Gohan!

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:17 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Mine is the poster I got for my birthday from my sister. I use it to go to cons and get DBZ voice actors to sign it. So far I have Sean Schemmel, Vic Mignogna, and Chris Sabat.
Hey, now, don't beat yourself up over it. Nobody's perfect.

Mine is my set of the DBZ Dragon Boxes.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:22 am

Hm, I don't own a lot of rare stuff. I do treasure my copies of the movies, but they're not exactly "rare". I dunno, I guess the Japanese stuff I own which is the Ani-Manga for Return My Gohan!, the two GT Perfect File re-prints, the Golden Warrior art book and the last volume of the Kanzenban- I do like having that, it even has the obi! :P

Oh, and the two Dragon Boxes I own. Volumes 3 & 5 are still fairly easy to track down though.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:28 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Mine is the poster I got for my birthday from my sister. I use it to go to cons and get DBZ voice actors to sign it. So far I have Sean Schemmel, Vic Mignogna, and Chris Sabat. I plan to get as many people as I can from the cast to sign it. Next up is Ryo Horikawa in May.
Aw, you went and ruined a perfectly good poster with them.

My most precious? DB BOX Z 2, and then others follow. Although I wouldn't really say it's the most precious but in terms of prices it is.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:18 am

Knock off the condescending remarks about what other people consider precious to them. If you don't have something worthwhile to say, go elsewhere. The two of you I'm talking to know this well enough, which is why I don't have a problem at all getting direct and less-than-polite with you. This isn't a "deconstruct and analyze this particular dub" thread, you know it, and you're purposefully going out of your way to be jerks about it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:34 am

Out of all of them, I'd say its a toss up between the Budokai 2 opening storyboard and the eventual autograph I'm getting from Nozawa this year. Otherwise, Japanese Dragonboxes, Daizenshu etc.
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:07 am

My Dragon ball Kai Soundtrack 3 CD <3
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Scott
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scott » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:16 am

My old VHS tapes of Dragon Ball Z from when i used to record it back in the day. Me and my brother have so many good memories watching Dragon Ball Z on school holidays. I'll probably never watch them again but it's something i will never get rid of.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:28 am

I've thought about making a topic like this but didn't. My most precious Dragonball item is. This old cardboard like Vegeta card in his space pod.
I know it might not sound like much and I can't really compare it with my Dragon-boxes but my grandfather got it for me a long time and the card has been through heck! lol it's gotten lost then found, and it even survived a house fire without getting burned up for some reason :P it's now locked up in my safe were hopefully it can rest lol here's what it looks like
I can take a real picture of it if you'd like to see it.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Smochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Smochi » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:33 pm

Oh my goodness...so many of my things have sentimental value to me. The most important of my stuff is actually the board I broke for my black belt. I started martial arts because of DBZ when I was 10, and so I got the cast of DBZ to sign it. It reminds me every day to appreciate all of the little things in life, because you never know what will mean something to you! Like, you never know when an episode of a show you catch because you were at home sick will change your life forever. Additionally, I don't care how old I get, having Piccolo say he's proud of you for getting your black belt is f*cking AWESOME. XD

And then some of the other stuff I got is sentimental because of who gave it to me. I have a Frieza plush from my ex boyfriend who is now one of my closest friends, so it still means the world to me, and a Popo plush that my all of my friends stuffed in a box and gave me for my birthday as a joke. Then I have a Frieza figure that my current boyfriend signed when we first met, so it means the world to me. I wrapped that up and put it in a box so it doesn't get hurt.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:44 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Aw, you went and ruined a perfectly good poster with them.
In your opinion maybe, but to me I had some of my childhood favorites (who only got much better in Kai) sign a poster that reflects the Z saga that started it all for me. I can admit the Japanese are better and I prefer them too, but I ain't gonna ignore the cast I still like.
penguintruth wrote:Hey, now, don't beat yourself up over it. Nobody's perfect.
I don't get what you're trying to say.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Smochi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Smochi » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:10 pm

I think it was an attempt to by funny by insulting the Funi dub. Like, how DARE you ruin the image of DBZ with those lowly Americans.

dbzwish
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dbzwish » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:15 pm

My most rare & favorite items are:

!# Set of Dragonballs bought from Japan.
2# Dragonball Coin/Token from the Japanese Pinball Machine based on Dragonball.
3# Plush Goku in Santa Suit.
4# Entire 276 Episode Dragon Ball Z DVD's (Ocean DUB to Funimation DUB).

thats all.
Goku: Their lives mean absolutely nothing to you, You're not the least bit sorry, Even now all you can think about is how to destroy me.

Gotta love Goku's pep talks

My Anime Wall Scroll Gallery. Click Here

My Full Dragonball Collection on Photobucket.

Scott
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scott » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Smochi wrote:I think it was an attempt to by funny by insulting the Funi dub. Like, how DARE you ruin the image of DBZ with those lowly Americans.
If it wasn't for those Americans it is very unlikely that we would be getting any Dragon Ball series outside of Japan. I love the Ocean dub but i don't rip into the Funi or Japanese voice cast at any chance i can, and i can't stand the Japanese dub. Some people just can't seem to understand that people have different opinions to them.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:08 pm

Scott wrote:If it wasn't for those Americans it is very unlikely that we would be getting any Dragon Ball series outside of Japan. I love the Ocean dub but i don't rip into the Funi or Japanese voice cast at any chance i can, and i can't stand the Japanese dub. Some people just can't seem to understand that people have different opinions to them.
The first to dub and get the series out of Japan was France, and because of them FUNimation kept the replacement name of Mr. Satan which is Hеrcule.

By the way, Japanese audio not dub.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray