Where did this Mystical Adventure cover come from?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Where did this Mystical Adventure cover come from?

Post by El Diabeetus » Thu May 23, 2013 3:34 am

http://youtu.be/G67iaH3WZL8

I've come across this a few times on YouTube, this exact video. But, no one seems to know where it came from. All the description says is "An amazing, funky cover of this." A few comments say レッチリ(Recchili/RHCP/Red Hot Chili Peppers), it does sound a lot like their style, and a majority of the song being FUNimation's lyrics (except for the one line in Japanese) only seem to exaccerbate that.

But, that YouTube link is the only one of that cover I've ever come across. I wanted to see if anyone here on Kanzenshuu knew anything about it.

imatu

Re: Where did this Mystical Adventure cover come from?

Post by imatu » Tue May 28, 2013 10:40 pm

This cover is actually by Four Minutes Til Midnight, and it's from their album Find My Way. The track name is simply Dragon Ball. It's available on the US iTunes for 99 cents. :D
:wtf:

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue May 28, 2013 10:57 pm

imatu wrote:This cover is actually by Four Minutes Til Midnight, and it's from their album Find My Way. The track name is simply Dragon Ball. It's available on the US iTunes for 99 cents. :D
Thank you! I usually don't check iTunes, but that would make sense! If it was giving me and some of the Japanese viewers on that YouTube video a RHCP-vibe then I think they did great.

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Wed May 29, 2013 10:21 pm

An interesting take.... I like the background music, but the vocals just seem off-key to me.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:35 pm

It's based on Funimation's English version, so maybe that's why.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."