Dragon Ball Wrong Time

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Dragon Ball Wrong Time

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:52 pm

Basically a fan comic based on if Trunks' time machine went to the Saiyan Saga instead of where he ended up in official material. There isn't too much as of now though.

http://selphiesk.deviantart.com/gallery ... 5?offset=0
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Wrong Time

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:33 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Basically a fan comic based on if Trunks' time machine went to the Saiyan Saga instead of where he ended up in official material. There isn't too much as of now though.

Not going to lie. This is kinda good. I've seen better. But this isn't as bad as I thought it'll be/ Bulma reaction is priceless.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:37 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Basically a fan comic based on if Trunks' time machine went to the Saiyan Saga instead of where he ended up in official material. There isn't too much as of now though.

Not going to lie. This is kinda good. I've seen better. But this isn't as bad as I thought it'll be/ Bulma reaction is priceless.
That's why it's an interesting look. Over course there is better. I have a problem with the art at some points, but it's overall a decent read. Especially compared to most fan fictions.

SelphieSK

Post by SelphieSK » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:23 pm

I was going to create a new topic for my fanmanga, good thing I did a search first x)

So Wrong Time is about Trunks traveling back in time two years earlier than he intended, and arriving right as Vegeta and Nappa first appear on Earth.
It's currently on the 5th chapter, being updated every Saturday.

You can read it either on deviantART or on Tumblr.

Here's the latest page (it IS spoilerish, so you probably shouldn't look at it if you intend to read the manga) :
The first few pages are not as good looking as they could be, but the art gets better :)

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:58 pm

Meh. The fact that Trunks is a Super Saiyan clinches all suspense of sending him to the Saiyan Saga. Now, if the machine malfunctioned, exploded, and the damage was severe enough that Trunks could not access Super Saiyan and would lose to Vegeta in a straight fight because of his injuries, then yeah, this could be a good read. Since it's not that, it's only good for the art, no offense intended.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:09 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Meh. The fact that Trunks is a Super Saiyan clinches all suspense of sending him to the Saiyan Saga. Now, if the machine malfunctioned, exploded, and the damage was severe enough that Trunks could not access Super Saiyan and would lose to Vegeta in a straight fight because of his injuries, then yeah, this could be a good read. Since it's not that, it's only good for the art, no offense intended.
That sounds like NOTHING DB would ever do. Seems more like common fanfanfic thing so a strong character will lose. How about Trunks just refusing to hit his daddy

SelphieSK

Post by SelphieSK » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:41 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Meh. The fact that Trunks is a Super Saiyan clinches all suspense of sending him to the Saiyan Saga. Now, if the machine malfunctioned, exploded, and the damage was severe enough that Trunks could not access Super Saiyan and would lose to Vegeta in a straight fight because of his injuries, then yeah, this could be a good read. Since it's not that, it's only good for the art, no offense intended.
None taken. :)
But you should maybe try giving it a chance first? The suspense doesn't hinge on Trunks's ability to beat everyone. It's quite the opposite.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:45 pm

Funny how I had a idea about this story for a DBZ game. Anyways, I enjoy it so far and I look forward for more.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:13 pm

Welcome Selphie to Kanzenshuu.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:11 pm

It's a very interesting piece of fan fiction.
It's not about how powerful Trunks is, it's the ripple effect he creates by going back to the sayin saga.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:14 pm

I'm looking forward what happens next since Trunks going back too early could change a lot of things. I guess Piccolo is alive which means everyone will be wish back expect for Kuririn and Chaozu. I don't think Trunks will go SSj, if he did then it would be funny to see how Vegeta will react to a SSj during this time era.
She/Her

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:17 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm looking forward what happens next since Trunks going back too early could change a lot of things. I guess Piccolo is alive which means everyone will be wish back expect for Kuririn and Chaozu. I don't think Trunks will go SSj, if he did then it would be funny to see how Vegeta will react to a SSj during this time era.
I thought Piccolo

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:09 pm

I thought he was knock out? So far DBWT and DBNA are my favorite DB fan manga on DA. This has a lot of potential to see what happens in the story and I'm surprise Trunks didn't kill Nappa. If Trunks goes to Namek with them then they might kill off Freeza for good then Cell might be much weaker now or maybe Gero's spy bot ends up following them to Namek to create a stronger version of Cell. Imagine if Cell had the DNA of Freeza and The Ginyu Force.
She/Her

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:45 am

TheGmGoken wrote:
That sounds like NOTHING DB would ever do. Seems more like common fanfanfic thing so a strong character will lose. How about Trunks just refusing to hit his daddy
That doesn't sound like something DB would ever do either. When do Z Fighters refuse to do what's right, excluding Vegeta?
SelphieSK wrote:But you should maybe try giving it a chance first? The suspense doesn't hinge on Trunks's ability to beat everyone. It's quite the opposite.
Alright, I'll check it more.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:12 am

That doesn't sound like something DB would ever do either. When do Z Fighters refuse to do what's right, excluding Vegeta?
Gohan at the Cell Games. Besides *SPOILER

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:30 am

I think Trunks in his base form might be strong enough to take out everyone up to Freeza's third form. If he does go to Namek in this fan manga.
She/Her

SelphieSK

Post by SelphieSK » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:11 am

TheGmGoken wrote: I thought Piccolo
As Hellspawn28 said,
dbzfan7 wrote:Welcome Selphie to Kanzenshuu.
Thank you! And thanks for creating a topic for my fanmanga :)

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:50 am

so this manga is like WHAT IF? right? it look very amazing keep up the good job at it!!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:50 am

Sadly only one page a week. As long if you put a lot of effort and art into the story then it should be worth it.
She/Her

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:42 pm

I've just finished checking this project out and I can't understand what you're getting at. Sometimes fan-manga for Dragon Ball doesn't have to be all about Ultra Xicor turning SSJ8, with this I can appreciate the scenario, the interactions between characters, and the tension of Trunks having to try not to interfere without knowing what he isn't supposed to interfere with.

So far it seems fun, interesting and best of all the characters are believable. I hope this project continues and consider me a follower. :thumbup: