Kanzenshuu meet up at Otakon

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Kanzenshuu meet up at Otakon

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:13 am

Sorry if this is too off topic, but anyone think a local Kanzenshuu meet up would be fun? Otakon this weekend and maybe someone can schudle a local hangout on Friday or Saturday.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DynasticHunter
Beyond Newbie

Re: Kanzenshuu meet up

Post by DynasticHunter » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:00 am

It should be called KanzenCON. :wink:
steam: broccoili

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:09 am

I'd meet with Canadian Kanzenshuu members in my area if there are any.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:34 am

DynasticHunter wrote:It should be called KanzenCON. :wink:
I'm pretty sure that would just be everyone going to Mike's house, drinking beer and playing Super DBZ.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:00 pm

I tried to setup a meet up in NYC years ago but unfortunately because of the date and not being able to round up enough people, it didn't happen. I always wanted to try something like this again but next time I want to plan things ahead of time.
Insertclevername wrote:
I'm pretty sure that would just be everyone going to Mike's house, drinking beer and playing Super DBZ.
I'm so down for that. We should all crash VegettoEX's house. I'll bring the drinks and hentai!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:16 pm

Ah Otakon. I dressed as Dhalsim ^_^. Anyways that would be cool

Linkthoy

Post by Linkthoy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:50 pm

This KanzenCon idea sounds awesome, especially since I don't get out much. But I have no idea how I would get to Mike's house.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:51 pm

Linkthoy wrote:This KanzenCon idea sounds awesome, especially since I don't get out much. But I have no idea how I would get to Mike's house.
A plane?

Linkthoy

Post by Linkthoy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:29 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:A plane?
Well, yeah. I just meant paying for a ticket for said plane, or anyway else.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:16 pm

There was a "Daizex" meetup a few years back, but IIRC it was in a bar in New York. Back then I was too far away and not of age. I may be down for a meetup this time if it were in a good locale.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:38 pm

If I had the money I would be down for a meet up for the Australian members. Though if I ever get to America a meet up would be fun.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:53 pm

Anyone here at Kanzenshuu also going to Otakon?
She/Her

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:58 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Anyone here at Kanzenshuu also going to Otakon?
I almost went -_-. Till my grand mother said we was going to Florida. But then see cancelled the trip so I could't get money fast enough.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:44 am

KanzenCon! It's the Dragon Ball convention you only ever had in your dreams!

This one time special event is packed with all your favourite Dragon Ball related goods with merchandise such as: T-Shirts, Action Figures, VHS/DVD's, posters, video games and so much more!

Meet legendary voice actors such as Masako Nozawa!, Ryo Horikawa! Toshio Furukawa! Ryusei Nakao! Norio Wakamoto! And alongside them will be attending many international voice actors who played their roles such as Sean Schemmel, Chris Sabat, Scott McNeil, Brian Drummond, Mario Castenada and many more to be included!

Interested in the Philosophy of Dragon Ball and it's elements? Sit down with Derek Padula, creator of 'The Dao of Dragon Ball' as he educates you in of the wonderful world of Dragon Ball and what makes it so magical!

Also in attendance are the comical geniuses of Dragon Ball Z Abridged, TeamFourStar! We only ask that you stop asking them "When's the next episode gonna be out?"

Love music? Attend the once-in-a-lifetime panel where Shunsuke Kikuchi himself will make an appearance! And if you are wanting something a little different, we will have Mr Scott Morgan in attendance who will be later on performing a live concert based on Dragon Ball itself!

Discuss Power Levels? Grab yourself one of our free Scouter headsets and we wish you good luck! We only ask that you all don't come back all bloodied and bruised.

Cosplay! Cosplay! COSPLAY! Who can look like Goku? Who can look like Bulma? Join the cosplay contest and be judged for how great you all look!

KanzenCon! The once in a lifetime Dragon Ball convention for Dragon Ball fans of all ages! Ticket prices start at $7 at the door, $4 if you pre-order and attend! Buy Now!

Okay seriously, a Kanzenshuu meetup would be glorious. If I ever become some sort of billionaire playboy philantropist, I'll personally make it my mission to create a Kanzenshuu meetup for all of us (I'll even pay for your ticket!).
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:55 pm

Gonstead wrote:KanzenCon! It's the Dragon Ball convention you only ever had in your dreams!

This one time special event is packed with all your favourite Dragon Ball related goods with merchandise such as: T-Shirts, Action Figures, VHS/DVD's, posters, video games and so much more!

Meet legendary voice actors such as Masako Nozawa!, Ryo Horikawa! Toshio Furukawa! Ryusei Nakao! Norio Wakamoto! And alongside them will be attending many international voice actors who played their roles such as Sean Schemmel, Chris Sabat, Scott McNeil, Brian Drummond, Mario Castenada and many more to be included!

Interested in the Philosophy of Dragon Ball and it's elements? Sit down with Derek Padula, creator of 'The Dao of Dragon Ball' as he educates you in of the wonderful world of Dragon Ball and what makes it so magical!

Also in attendance are the comical geniuses of Dragon Ball Z Abridged, TeamFourStar! We only ask that you stop asking them "When's the next episode gonna be out?"

Love music? Attend the once-in-a-lifetime panel where Shunsuke Kikuchi himself will make an appearance! And if you are wanting something a little different, we will have Mr Scott Morgan in attendance who will be later on performing a live concert based on Dragon Ball itself!

Discuss Power Levels? Grab yourself one of our free Scouter headsets and we wish you good luck! We only ask that you all don't come back all bloodied and bruised.

Cosplay! Cosplay! COSPLAY! Who can look like Goku? Who can look like Bulma? Join the cosplay contest and be judged for how great you all look!

KanzenCon! The once in a lifetime Dragon Ball convention for Dragon Ball fans of all ages! Ticket prices start at $7 at the door, $4 if you pre-order and attend! Buy Now!

Okay seriously, a Kanzenshuu meetup would be glorious. If I ever become some sort of billionaire playboy philantropist, I'll personally make it my mission to create a Kanzenshuu meetup for all of us (I'll even pay for your ticket!).
I'd go if it were close to my area. Unfortunately I doubt it would be.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:05 pm

No thank you :)
The world's greatest.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:47 pm

Anyone in Maryland plan to see Battle of Gods soon? I will likely be going to the AMC Columbia 14 showing on Tuesday August 5th. I will also be at Otakon if anyone wants to do a meet up there.
She/Her

ricecake
Beyond Newbie

Post by ricecake » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:03 pm

Arundel Mills is closer to my house, so I'll probably go to that one.

EDIT: Confirmed, I bought my tickets for Arundel Mills for the Wednesday showing.
Last edited by ricecake on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:24 pm

No, no, no... It would be CONzenshuu!