What if Goku was sent to Namek instead?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

What if Goku was sent to Namek instead?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:18 pm

So what if Goku was sent to Namek instead of Earth as a baby? The Namekians rise Goku as a baby like Grandpa Gohan did and they drop Goku by the head by accident. How different do you think Goku would be? He would still be a fighter or would he be a totally different person.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: What if Goku was sent to Namek instead?

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:So what if Goku was sent to Namek instead of Earth as a baby? The Namekians rise Goku as a baby like Grandpa Gohan did and they drop Goku by the head by accident. How different do you think Goku would be? He would still be a warrior or would be a totally different person.
Huh, an interesting what-if :thumbup:

Well, I doubt he'd kill anyone as a baby; the Namekians wouldn't be taken out by a baby Oozaru. So, I think he'd grow up to be a pretty peaceful person.

However, he would always have that feeling of being "different," for obvious reasons.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:33 pm

Depends. Is he raised by the DragonClan or the Warrior types or both? I'm going by Both. He would have reached the thousands WAAAAAY earlier than he did. And he would also be more calm, spiritual, and meditate MORE than he does now. But he would't get Gohan so that's a downside. Also after awhile Goku gets to strong he might get bored like Piccolo said he would so he honestly make get a ship and travel the universe anyways.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:27 am

If Radditz did came down to Namek looking for Goku, someone like Nail would have easily killed him. I doubt Freeza would find out about Namek as long if Vegeta never mentions it.
She/Her

Piccolo jr

Post by Piccolo jr » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:27 am

If goku went there and one of the namekians dropped him. He would've been a different person. Because namekians training was different than on earth's. His power level should been great too.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:41 am

He might never became a SSj if he never got the training from King King seeing that he would most likely died. I think Earth would have been ruled from the RR Army if they get their wish to rule to the Earth.
She/Her

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:13 am

Because there is no night (let alone a full moon) on Namek, I doubt that Freeza's forces would've sent a baby Saiyan to Namek to destroy the population.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:25 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:He might never became a SSj if he never got the training from King King seeing that he would most likely died. I think Earth would have been ruled from the RR Army if they get their wish to rule to the Earth.
There's still Pilaf but I couldn't see him getting the Dragon Ball from Gohan... then again I could totally see Gohan giving it to Bulma after she shows him her panties :lol:
Then yeah, Pilaf taking the Dragon Balls from Bulma would be easy.
It all depends on whether Pilaf releases Piccolo or not later (I doubt he'd do it if he got his wish).
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:59 am

Kendamu wrote:Because there is no night (let alone a full moon) on Namek, I doubt that Freeza's forces would've sent a baby Saiyan to Namek to destroy the population.
Pretty much why this what if can't work.

Goku is a low level who was expected go Oozaru on the planet earth. Sending a low level to a planet with people in the thousands and with no moon is a suicide mission for a Saiyan of Goku's level.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:15 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:the Namekians wouldn't be taken out by a baby Oozaru.
Do they even have a moon? I thought they had like 3 suns so it was always daytime anyway.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:30 am

The Time Traveller wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:the Namekians wouldn't be taken out by a baby Oozaru.
Do they even have a moon? I thought they had like 3 suns so it was always daytime anyway.
Good point. That just makes my point even stronger; Goku isn't going to be wiping out any of the Namekians anytime soon.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:04 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Kendamu wrote:Because there is no night (let alone a full moon) on Namek, I doubt that Freeza's forces would've sent a baby Saiyan to Namek to destroy the population.
Pretty much why this what if can't work.

Goku is a low level who was expected go Oozaru on the planet earth. Sending a low level to a planet with people in the thousands and with no moon is a suicide mission for a Saiyan of Goku's level.
It's a suicide Mission for any Saiyan who is weaker than Nappa(Even Nappa Oozaru would have trouble with Nail)

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:33 pm

I doubt they'd send Saiyan's to Namek. Maybe Vegeta, but I can see it being more of a job for Dodoria or Zarbon with a small group of soldiers, and that's just if they overlooked Nail - Nail would beat anyone but the Ginyu Force, and Freeza himself obviously.

I think the Earth might have been okay. Gohan wouldn't have died, I think he'd protect the dragon ball from Pilaf, and Gyumao and Kame-Sen'nin would protect theirs. These are also people who could stand up to the RRA. Kame-Sen'nin said he wasn't sure if he'd be able to take on the Red Ribbon Army, so I'm pretty sure he could alongside Gohan and Gyumao. Raditz would never have come to Earth. I'm not sure if Piccolo would still have been released or not, but if he did then maybe Kame-Sen'nin or Son Gohan would have sealed him away again. Of course, if they did fight the RRA, the creations of Dr Gero would have come along and destroyed everything, and even if not then Babidi would have turned up to resurrect Majin Boo. Maybe, though, Kaioshin and Kibit would have stopped him without Vegeta and Goku interfering and releasing Boo. There's also the possibility that Freeza would have one day invaded the Earth anyway. I think, though, the Earth has it pretty good if Goku never shows up there, there's a decent chance that it never really suffers any great damage at all.