Trouble on Sparking (or Budokai Tenkaichi)?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nosfriend

Trouble on Sparking (or Budokai Tenkaichi)?

Post by Nosfriend » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:58 am

Has anyone had any trouble completing any of the fights in Battle Gate? I had really hard trouble surviving against Frieza with Vegeta. I stopped playing the game for about a week, played on it again and suddenly manged to complete the whole Frieza Saga!
Buu need money so Buu get ice cream...

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:00 pm

I thought Freeza more than any of the other opponents (but I'd sooner fight him again than Oozaru Vegeta), unfortunately, changing the game difficulty doesn't do much. Seriously, I find alternating the camera works best.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:02 pm

I had a problem with Kid Buu in the Survival rounds. Suprisingly I had the easiest time with Mr. Satan/Hercule when I was playing those rounds. I think I had the worst time with Vegeta.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:37 pm

You just have to keep at it. You'll get better, read the tutorials, not all of them need to be read, just the basics.

You have to get into the routine of the fight, it really is all fast paced at most points, learn to block the enemies punch and kick by tapping circle when they attack you, if they go to hold square and do a strong hit on you, press X and left or right to dodge it and attack them. If you are charging them and they use a ki attack tap sideways and circle to try and teleport left or right.

Only use your ki attacks when you know they will hit, if the enemy has run out of Ki and you are at a distance you can repeat ki attacks untill you run out of ki because they can't teleport if they have no ki! Make sure for the first hit you've done some sort of combo to daze them so they can't move the first hit.

Hope this helps. I actually found the game quite easy, finished it in one week. Well, except for the very last battle gate, I left the game for a week before actually unlocking it and finishing it.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/