Legacy of Goku 2?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Legacy of Goku 2?

Post by Kendamu » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:24 pm

I played the first one and it was... okay. I hear that the first one was bad but the second one was pretty cool. What's the general concensus here on that?
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:31 pm

BAM! http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=23

Yea...I would recomend you just look but don't post there. You'd be resurrecting a year old post. :wink:

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:05 am

I understand the concept of Necro-posting. Thanks for the link. :D
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:30 am

I definitely recommend LOG 2. If you beat that you HAVE to go on to the next game, Buu's Fury. Buu's Fury is even better than LOG 2. It's a shame that DBGT: Transformation is the next game in the LOG series. It's not very good, but I have it and will probably still get Transformation 2 when it comes out.

Maleko

Post by Maleko » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:21 pm

I never really had the chance to play LOG 2. Legacy of Goku 1 was pretty good for a handheld video game, never really had the chance to check the others out. Is the second one worth picking up?
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step"

-Confucius

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:37 pm

Maleko wrote:I never really had the chance to play LOG 2. Legacy of Goku 1 was pretty good for a handheld video game, never really had the chance to check the others out. Is the second one worth picking up?
Legacy of Goku 2 is definitely worth picking up. I bought it like 10 months ago, and I enjoyed it very, very, very much.
It's pretty much standard fare as far as RPG/Adventure games go, but it's really enjoyable all the same.

Now as far as the move on goes, Buu's Fury is fun, but I didn't have as much fun in it, than I had LOG2. And then Transformation, well, I was insulted.

Maleko

Post by Maleko » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:53 pm

lost in thought wrote:
Maleko wrote:I never really had the chance to play LOG 2. Legacy of Goku 1 was pretty good for a handheld video game, never really had the chance to check the others out. Is the second one worth picking up?
Legacy of Goku 2 is definitely worth picking up. I bought it like 10 months ago, and I enjoyed it very, very, very much.
It's pretty much standard fare as far as RPG/Adventure games go, but it's really enjoyable all the same.

Now as far as the move on goes, Buu's Fury is fun, but I didn't have as much fun in it, than I had LOG2. And then Transformation, well, I was insulted.
I see, think I'll have to pick it up sometime soon then :) Hmm, from what I read above, Transformation doesn't seem too good. Whats wrong with it?

-Confucius

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:10 pm

Maleko wrote:I see, think I'll have to pick it up sometime soon then :) Hmm, from what I read above, Transformation doesn't seem too good. Whats wrong with it?
In the end all of these games are personal preference, but if you're a dragonball fan, and like a heavily story driven game where you can go area to area and level up (like any rpg you might have ever played) while interacting with each arc as a segment, I think you or anyone else could, and can enjoy LOG2.
(Just a little more detail about it, since all I really did previously was say I enjoyed it.)

As far as Transformation goes, my biggest problem with it was the controls and execution. The controls were very, very sloppy, and made general gameplay difficult, which coupled with a psuedo-2D/3D area where you could move side to side around a streight bearing leveling, it made general play significantly more difficult.

Now, if you want a really good game (that even puts LOG2 a sted bellow it based on overall quality) you should get DragonBall: Advance Adventure. DBAA is a side-scrolling GBA hack-n'-slash sort of game, which bases all of the arcs during dragonball into single segment levels up until the fight with Piccolo Daimao. The best thing (in my opinion) is the controls, which are fluid and incredibly easy to get used to, which makes the experience so much easier to enjoy.
I am not sure about anyone else, but I enjoyed DB:AA so much that I keep routinely playing, and subsequently beating it just for the heck of it. (It is a bit short, but that doesn't hurt the experience. And as a result of such, I've beaten it 30+ times)

One more note about DB:AA is it isn't available in the US, so you would have to import it from Europe, or Japan (depending if you would rather have the game in Japanese, or English [The EU version has an English language setting on it.])

So anyway, I hope you enjoy yourself some good handheld gaming.

Maleko

Post by Maleko » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:59 pm

Thanks for all of the information! :) Going to look into a few of those games sometime soon. ^^

-Confucius

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:46 pm

I'd have to say that Legacy of Goku II is the only LOG game I've ever played, though I'll say it kicks major ass. I love the side quests in it, minus the one where you had to get Mr. Satan the sandwhich, that was a pain in the ass. :? Another thing I liked about LOGII was the awesome box art, which happens to be my favorite of any DBZ game.
One more note about DB:AA is it isn't available in the US, so you would have to import it from Europe, or Japan (depending if you would rather have the game in Japanese, or English [The EU version has an English language setting on it.])
Will a European game cartridge play on an American gameboy? :P This may sound stupid, but I've always wondered that.
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:01 pm

Chaos Saiyajin wrote:Will a European game cartridge play on an American gameboy? :P This may sound stupid, but I've always wondered that.
All handheld gaming devices are region free, so it will play on any unit, in any region. And it isn't stupid, as I wondered the same thing until a while ago.

We all have things we don't know, and that's a very true question to ask, with how much regions play a part in mainstream media today. :D

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:16 pm

All handheld gaming devices are region free, so it will play on any unit, in any region. And it isn't stupid, as I wondered the same thing until a while ago.

We all have things we don't know, and that's a very true question to ask, with how much regions play a part in mainstream media today. :D
Thanks a lot! Now I know what I'm getting with my Christmas money. :P
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.