Fan Manga - DragonBall Next Gen

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

elyas11
Not-So-Newbie

Fan Manga - DragonBall Next Gen

Post by elyas11 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:39 am

Hey guys.
I've been working on a fanmanga for a while and thought I'd share it.
Here's some of chapter 1's revamped version, which is still ongoing, read from right to left!!:

You can read the rest on my deviant art: Elyas11.deviantart.com
I'm also updating chapter 4.
I post my work on DeviantArt but I'll try and post the pages on here as well.

I know I'm not a great writer but I hope you guys like it, any feedback is welcome!

elyas11
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Fan Manga - DragonBall Next Gen

Post by elyas11 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:15 pm

new page of chapter 4.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:03 pm

hey i been keeping up with your works and it look awesome keep up the job dude!!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:23 am

I remember your comic that you did. I always wonder what happen to it since I remember liking it a lot.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

elyas11
Not-So-Newbie

Post by elyas11 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:19 am

goku1234 wrote:hey i been keeping up with your works and it look awesome keep up the job dude!!
Thanks! I'll try to upload as regular as possible! Glad you like it :)
Hellspawn28 wrote:I remember your comic that you did. I always wonder what happen to it since I remember liking it a lot.
Yeah I continued and I am currently at chapter 4. I took a long break from it so my storytelling and art had progressed in that time. Decided to do a revamp of chapter 1 because of that, I wasn't too satisfied with the old version.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:32 pm

I like the main villain you created so far, very cool and unique from any other DB villain. The one thing I didn't like about your comic was Gero's brother since I felt like he show up out of nowhere with no build up. Keep up the good work though.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:45 pm

While I love Gohan kicking ass again...second stage mystic just sounds like SSJ7-619. I don't think mystic is a form...it's more of a state like Aang's avatar state.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

elyas11
Not-So-Newbie

Post by elyas11 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:45 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I like the main villain you created so far, very cool and unique from any other DB villain. The one thing I didn't like about your comic was Gero's brother since I felt like he show up out of nowhere with no build up. Keep up the good work though.
the main reason for that was simply to try out the battle scenes for me. I made loads of mistakes in this comic because I started out badly.
dbzfan7 wrote:While I love Gohan kicking ass again...second stage mystic just sounds like SSJ7-619. I don't think mystic is a form...it's more of a state like Aang's avatar state.
It is a state, it's still mystic, but more advanced. Like Aang still being in the same state but being able to control all elements and not just air. Still working on a definitive explanation.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:49 pm

elyas11 wrote: It is a state, it's still mystic, but more advanced. Like Aang still being in the same state but being able to control all elements and not just air. Still working on a definitive explanation.
I'm not sure how to make a potential drawing state more powerful...but as long as the explanation is good I can except it...how does it compare to SSJ4 etc...
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

elyas11
Not-So-Newbie

Post by elyas11 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:15 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
elyas11 wrote: It is a state, it's still mystic, but more advanced. Like Aang still being in the same state but being able to control all elements and not just air. Still working on a definitive explanation.
I'm not sure how to make a potential drawing state more powerful...but as long as the explanation is good I can except it...how does it compare to SSJ4 etc...
not entirely sure. I'm not as educated in the DB world as you guys so my comic is full of flaws. I am unsure as to how I will explain half of it. I don't want to use "Akira never focused on technicalities" as an excuse either so that's one reason I started the revamp but it seems like I still make mistakes ;p