If you could only own one piece of DB merchandise...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

If you could only own one piece of DB merchandise...

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:57 am

...what would it be?

Would you choose a book, a DVD set, a figure, or even a CD?

Personally, I'd probably go with either Viz's release of the first Daizenshuu, the first US Dragon Box, or Dragon Box: the Movies. For the first Daizenshuu, I really enjoy simply looking at Toriyama's artwork and I think it works as a stand-alone item that can just sit on a shelf with other books (if that makes any sense). The first US Dragon Box is the only one that offers a complete story arc- the Saiyan stuff from start to finish (plus, it's the first one). :P Dragon Box: the Movies...I think you can all guess why

But overall, I think I'd honestly go with the first Daizenshuu. As long as I take care of it, I'll be able to bust it out, look over it, and enjoy it whenever I want.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Re: If you could only own one piece of DB merchandise...

Post by Fizzer » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:41 am

Probably Dragon Ball Dragon Box, because I think that's how you get most of the story in a single item.

mister yummy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mister yummy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:20 pm

I'm afraid I'd have to go with a bootleg DVD release in the highest quality possible of all 3 series, all movies and all tv specials in a box set. I'd take an official one if it existed. Though I suppose I could get something cool, and watch tapes from TV broadcasts...

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:38 pm

mister yummy wrote:I'm afraid I'd have to go with a bootleg DVD release in the highest quality possible of all 3 series, all movies and all tv specials in a box set. I'd take an official one if it existed. Though I suppose I could get something cool, and watch tapes from TV broadcasts...
Tapes from the original TV broadcasts would be my one piece of DB merchandise that I would cherish until the day of my death.

It's a real shame that I'll probably only get snippets of that golden audio source and original viewing experience of DB!
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:49 pm

Dragon Ball Dragon Box because I first of all prefer DB>DBZ and second of all its a Japanese exclusive :cry:
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.

SSJ Electric Fury
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ Electric Fury » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:52 pm

The Dragon Ball Z Kai Complete Collection
"You can't make up for your mistakes when you're dead." - Irina Akulov, Xenoblade [Chronicles] X
ringworm128 wrote:

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:57 pm

My laptop with a Piccolo sticker on the top.

Dem internets.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

SuicidalZerg
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuicidalZerg » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:53 pm

The original masters of the DB series... though could you call that merchandise? Too bad they're lost forever.
Nozawaberries commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdqta3iB6ZM

Twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/suicidalzerg
Planet Minecraft skins: http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/son_gohan/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SC2SuicidalZerg
NA Battle tag: SuicidalZerg.158
MC username: SuicidalZerg

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:34 pm

Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure on Game Boy Advance.

It's my favourite DB game and that I'd play at any time, plus the music is so memorable (the Japanese edition even includes some original tunes in retro style).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray