Kai Episode 100 (13 April 2014)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Kai Episode 100 (13 April 2014)

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:23 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:
kenisu3000 wrote: and though Kikuchi made a bunch of character themes, including one for teenage Gohan that's a reworked version of his "child Gohan" theme
Really? I mean, I know he had a leitmotif as a child (I mean, it played in practically every early Z episode), but I never caught an update to it later. Can you point me out to which track it is?
I can get that for you. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgbKvh5oQdc#t=382

Of course, that particular track is part of the M1600 (movie 9) batch, but the leitmotif is also used in tracks from the M1700 stuff.
Last edited by jpdbzrulz4sure on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Joey

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:25 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Wasn't some of that in the manga though? In fact I'm looking at Goku with weights right now.
Otherworld Tournament not just his Otherworld training.

This:
Is not the same as this:
Which is what people are referring to when they talk about the ending montage of episode 98.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:34 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:Wasn't some of that in the manga though? In fact I'm looking at Goku with weights right now.
Otherworld Tournament not just his Otherworld training.

This:
Is not the same as this:
Which is what people are referring to when they talk about the ending montage of episode 98.
Not the tournament.
Not the tournament, but the Other World filler part of Goku training before the upcoming Tenkaichi Budokai. It's in the next episode preview

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:40 pm

Was that other Kaio from the preview in the manga? I don't remember that at all.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Yeah, South Kaio is in the manga. His fighter that joins him in the anime on the other hand? Well, Papoi is a filler addition, but I doubt they will go through the trouble to edit him out. (Didn't watch the preview so I don't know if we've already seen him.)
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:53 pm

My bad, then. I always remember that as being filler. But yeah, it's him and his fighter right behind him.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:27 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Well, Papoi is a filler addition, but I doubt they will go through the trouble to edit him out.
Well, yes and no. Just to clarify, South Kaiō mentions Papoi by name in the manga, but he actually appears in the anime. So he's kinda half-and-half.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:04 pm

jpdbzrulz4sure wrote:
Gaffer Tape wrote:
kenisu3000 wrote: and though Kikuchi made a bunch of character themes, including one for teenage Gohan that's a reworked version of his "child Gohan" theme
Really? I mean, I know he had a leitmotif as a child (I mean, it played in practically every early Z episode), but I never caught an update to it later. Can you point me out to which track it is?
I can get that for you. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgbKvh5oQdc#t=382

Of course, that particular track is part of the M1600 (movie 9) batch, but the leitmotif is also used in tracks from the M1700 stuff.
I think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sDjoC55IW0 is being referred to.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:09 pm

penguintruth wrote:I think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sDjoC55IW0 is being referred to.
Yes, that's the theme of child Gohan, but Gaffer Tape was asking about the reworked version of the leitmotif for teen Gohan that kenisu3000 mentioned.
-Joey

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:11 pm

jpdbzrulz4sure wrote:
penguintruth wrote:I think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sDjoC55IW0 is being referred to.
Yes, that's the theme of child Gohan, but Gaffer Tape was asking about the reworked version of the leitmotif for teen Gohan that kenisu3000 mentioned.
Which you can hear at 1:46 in that track, I believe.

Deadtuber.

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:24 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Which you can hear at 1:46 in that track, I believe.
No, all 5 pieces in that track are kid Gohan themes.
-Joey

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:32 pm

jpdbzrulz4sure wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:Which you can hear at 1:46 in that track, I believe.
No, all 5 pieces in that track are kid Gohan themes.
No, I mean, that's what they re-purposed unless I'm misremembering. I don't mean that that's the actual track.

Deadtuber.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:37 pm

Thanks, both of you! :D
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:15 am

Well, I can accept most people don´t like the new score, After looking back to my db kai concept score project, I think the score can be done better.

This is a recap score I composed using kikuchi motifs. It´s a march made by a mesh of kikuchi themes. Would you guys be happy with a score that uses full orchestra but uses kikuchi motifs like this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roF6c8h ... e=youtu.be
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:13 am

Valerius Dover wrote:Hmmm, this sounds interesting.
So, do you think us few fans who actually like the US scores would like Sumitomo's work?
Hell no, the US score is a million times better than this crap. Bring back Yamamoto.

Was really surprised to see this Dinosaur episode still in Kai.. it should have been completely cut out and a different Gohan/Saiyaman reveal added in.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:07 am

LordCrumb wrote:
So, do you think us few fans who actually like the US scores would like Sumitomo's work?
Hell no, the US score is a million times better than this crap. Bring back Yamamoto.

Was really surprised to see this Dinosaur episode still in Kai.. it should have been completely cut out and a different Gohan/Saiyaman reveal added in.
That bad, huh? :(
Well, I'll still get it if/when it comes out here but I won't let it bug me. If I can sit through 4Kids Sonic X, I'm sure I can handle this.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:05 am

Valerius Dover wrote:
LordCrumb wrote:

That bad, huh? :(
Well, I'll still get it if/when it comes out here but I won't let it bug me. If I can sit through 4Kids Sonic X, I'm sure I can handle this.
In my view, a lot of people are making this premiere of Kai to be much worse than it actually is. I've been watching each weekly episode with my wife. We've both seen all 291 episodes of the original anime, and watch a lot of anime in general, and nothing has really stood out to me as being that horrible.

The soundtrack that we currently have pales in comparison to the Yamamoto score, but that's to be expected since this time around there are less overall resources and money to go into Kai. But what we do have is still serviceable, and it still works.

I love seeing Kai on a weekly basis, and I guess my enjoyment overpowers the negative aspects of this release. I mean, it's DB guys, and it's airing again in Japan. I was never one to nitpick in general I guess. So though I understand all the complaints I think most general viewers will not share them, or even care about them. That isn't meant to diminish all the observations going around here, because I do agree with a lot of them. But I don't make it a point to keeping hammering away on the same flawed aspects time and time again. Which I think people can go a bit overboard with (not just here but on any other fandom forums).
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:35 pm

The numbers are in and this episode of Kai pulled an average household rating share of 7.2%. Last week's episode was 5.3%.

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:19 pm

Hujio wrote:The numbers are in and this episode of Kai pulled an average household rating share of 7.2%. Last week's episode was 5.3%.
Yesssss. Do you have the numbers for One Piece to compare?

I hope it continues to rise, even if only by a little. Or at least stay somewhat consistent.
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:57 pm

RocktheDragon wrote:Yesssss. Do you have the numbers for One Piece to compare?
One Piece got a 9.7% this week and a 7.7% last week. Not much of a change in rankings though. Kai stayed in 7th and One Piece dropped one spot, from 4th to 5th.