Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening theme
Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening theme
Out of the 2 which do you prefer?
International opening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQmrS9waDws
Japanese opening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJXzA_GcTZ8
I much prefer the international opening personally. The Japanese one is good but it feels like a bit more of a modern anime opening than a classic Dragonball opening. Fight it out on the other hand is awesome and I really hope that's what gets used in Funimation's dub. What do you guys think?
International opening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQmrS9waDws
Japanese opening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJXzA_GcTZ8
I much prefer the international opening personally. The Japanese one is good but it feels like a bit more of a modern anime opening than a classic Dragonball opening. Fight it out on the other hand is awesome and I really hope that's what gets used in Funimation's dub. What do you guys think?
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
I think Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go is probably the better song and most appropriate for Dragon Ball but I'd say I prefer Fight It Out based entirely around the fact that it's catchy as fuck.
Honestly, they're both pretty solid songs, it's pretty hard to choose.
Honestly, they're both pretty solid songs, it's pretty hard to choose.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.
Deadtuber.
Deadtuber.
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
I vote international. Especially for the ending theme. Can't wait for a high quality version of Never Give Up to appear.
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
Kuu Zen Zetsu Go is overall better, but Fight It Out is pretty catchy too.
- Valerius Dover
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1926
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:47 pm
- Location: Somewhere
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
Can't really judge until we get a high quality version of Fight It Out, but it'll definitely be the one Funimation uses.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover
The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover
The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."
- DBZGTKOSDH
- Namekian Warrior
- Posts: 12401
- Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm
- Location: Greece
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
Honestly, I can't choose.
Ironically, my top 3 openings are the openings of the Majin Boo arc (Z, Kai, International Kai), and I like them all equally.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.
Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
Maybe it's the way they're applied to the animation, but I'm not a fan of either the International offerings. They're not terrible, though.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki
- NintendoBlaze53
- Regular
- Posts: 567
- Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:24 am
- Location: Australia
- Contact:
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go easily the animation and music match perfectly and it's catchy, it also feels more like a sequel song to Dragon Soul in the same vain that We Gotta Power is a sequel song to Cha-la. No offence to anyone that likes Fight It Out! but the song has no big moment it's just slow and dull, while Kuu-Zen has build up to a large big chorus. I also feel Fight It Out! drags not in length, but it makes me want to just skip it to get to the episode.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss
If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/
If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/
- mcdonough88
- Not-So-Newbie
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 7:49 pm
- Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico.
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
Kuu Zen Zetsu Go!
Fight it out sounds a bit flat and NOT-DBish
Fight it out sounds a bit flat and NOT-DBish
- Valerius Dover
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1926
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:47 pm
- Location: Somewhere
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
Hmm, I know I said I wouldn't judge yet, but I think think they're both really solid songs that have a lot of energy to them. I prefer them over Dragon Soul for sure. It's really hard to choose, but Fight It Out has something in the lyrics that sounds like "Eat The Spirit Bomb". That's a definite win for me. 
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover
The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover
The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."
- Gyt Kaliba
- Kicks it Old-School
- Posts: 8869
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
- Location: Arkansas
- Contact:
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
I need to hear a better quality version of 'Fight It Out' to really decide, but as things stand now, I prefer 'Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go' by quite a wide margin. It seems to fit Dragon Ball better, and seems like a much better song by it's own merits too.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
Til I hear a better quality version of "Fight it out", Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go shits all over it. That song didn't pump me up or make me excited at all to watch an episode. It bored me. Though the ending theme sounds better than what we have now...and maybe better than the first Kai 2014 ending theme.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!
Spoiler:
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
I'm sure my opinion will change at least a small amount when we can hear it in a higher quality, but Kuu Zen Zetsu Go, while far from my favorite Dragon Ball song, is substantially stronger than the international theme. It doesn't really give me significant DB vibes at all.
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
The Japanese one, Like Nothing Before or After, is better, it has a lot of energy and sounds epic, it gets you pumped up, it's the equivalent of the Budokai 2 opening!
And there's something of that "hard edge" feeling to it after the first "blue sky" Dragon Soul opening, similarly to how We Gotta Power feels after Cha-La Head-Cha-La.
Fight It Out is good, but it feels too sloppy, too slow now that we've known the Japanese opening. It feels nice, and is quite good, but in comparison, it feels very classic and somehow unimpressive, non-epic. And "classic" is not what we want from Kai, we want "refreshed", we want a "modernized, high-paced, current anime" feel.
As for the ending, I like the song Never Give Up more, but the animation for Dear Zarathustra is more mature, not showing which enemy they face or not directly showing Goku's presence with the group. Can't compare Pure Heart for now since we don't know the equivalent for the international version.
In order of the best, first opening/ending songs for each version:
1 - Like Nothing Before or After
2 - Never Give Up
3 - Dear Zarathustra
4 - Fight It Out
And there's something of that "hard edge" feeling to it after the first "blue sky" Dragon Soul opening, similarly to how We Gotta Power feels after Cha-La Head-Cha-La.
Fight It Out is good, but it feels too sloppy, too slow now that we've known the Japanese opening. It feels nice, and is quite good, but in comparison, it feels very classic and somehow unimpressive, non-epic. And "classic" is not what we want from Kai, we want "refreshed", we want a "modernized, high-paced, current anime" feel.
As for the ending, I like the song Never Give Up more, but the animation for Dear Zarathustra is more mature, not showing which enemy they face or not directly showing Goku's presence with the group. Can't compare Pure Heart for now since we don't know the equivalent for the international version.
In order of the best, first opening/ending songs for each version:
1 - Like Nothing Before or After
2 - Never Give Up
3 - Dear Zarathustra
4 - Fight It Out
- DarkPrince_92
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3495
- Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:09 pm
- Location: Glendale, CA
- Contact:
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
I like the Japanese Opening Song, but the International verison's use of animation. I like the international ending a lot more than the japanese in both song and use of animation. There's less spoilers for those who are unfamiliar with the Buu arc of Z.
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
It looks like most seem to prefer the Japanese opening then. A few of you mentioned it suits Dragonball better. I'm curious why you guys feel that way. Fight It Out feels more familiar to me, sort of like some of the game openings. And I also feel like Never Give Up is much better than Dear Zarathustra.
- MCDaveG
- Born 'n Bred Here
- Posts: 5821
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
- Location: Prague, Czechia
- Contact:
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
Fight It Out definitely. It reminds of the old B-Side songs of the DBZ Movie Singles which I liked a lot back then.
Also, I hate Dragon Soul and Ku Zen Zetsu Go a lot, as I think they sound rather silly. Fight It Out is catchy and the singer is not as annoying to me as the Dragon Soul one.
I actually like his voice and delivery. For me it's finally some good Japanese opening after loooooong time!
Also, I hate Dragon Soul and Ku Zen Zetsu Go a lot, as I think they sound rather silly. Fight It Out is catchy and the singer is not as annoying to me as the Dragon Soul one.
I actually like his voice and delivery. For me it's finally some good Japanese opening after loooooong time!
FighterZ, Street Fighter 6, Mortal Kombat: Funky_Strudel
PS5: Dynamixx88
Trust me, I'm millenial and a designer.
PS5: Dynamixx88
Trust me, I'm millenial and a designer.
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
Kuu Zen Zetsu Go just feels like better song. I like Fight it Out, but KZZG just feels more "fun", adventurous. The visuals of fight it out as an opening are better, but it feels like KZZG was given more love as a song. In all honesty, I haven't been the biggest fan of the new ost for Kai since Kenji was fired, aside from a few exceptions. Something about the music just feels empty, and while Fight It Out is catchy, I get the same feeling from it. Kuu Zen Zetsu Go feels complete to me. It feels like the perfect "We Gotta Power!" To Dragon Soul's "Cha-La Head-Cha-La." I really hope, if FUNimation continues the trend of dubbing the opening and ending songs of Kai, that they dub KZZG instead of Fight It Out. I liked Dragon Soul when I heard it in Japanese, and loved it when I heard it in English (mainly Vic Mignogna's version); I already love KZZG, so I wanna see if I can love it any more.
I rambled enough, but basically KZZG just feels not only more complete, and exciting, but it just feels more fun for me, and Dragon Ball has pretty much always been summed up as fun for me.
I rambled enough, but basically KZZG just feels not only more complete, and exciting, but it just feels more fun for me, and Dragon Ball has pretty much always been summed up as fun for me.
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
Honestly Kuu Zen Zetsu Go feels more like a game opening to me, that has a part of why I prefer it I guess. But in my case, while Fight It Out is catchy, Kuu Zen just sounds more full to me. I haven't been a big fan is the OST for this season of Kai, aside from a few tracks, mainly because someone about them sounds empty to me, it doesn't feel like Dragon Ball, and I sorta get the same feel from Fight It Out. It feels like Kuu Zen was given more love, and it gives me the same exciting feeling as Budokai 2 and 3 openings. Of course music is one of the most subjective things on the planet, but Kuu Zen just feels like a better fit to me. But I do agree in that I enjoy Never Give Up more than Dear Zarathustra.90sDBZ wrote:It looks like most seem to prefer the Japanese opening then. A few of you mentioned it suits Dragonball better. I'm curious why you guys feel that way. Fight It Out feels more familiar to me, sort of like some of the game openings. And I also feel like Never Give Up is much better than Dear Zarathustra.
- Valerius Dover
- I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
- Posts: 1926
- Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:47 pm
- Location: Somewhere
Re: Buu saga Kai international opening vs Japanese opening t
^Pretty sure it'll be Fight It Out, like most of the rest of the world, and it'll be kept the same since it's already in English.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover
The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover
The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."









