DEATH BATTLE: Majin Boo vs Kirby!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

DEATH BATTLE: Majin Boo vs Kirby!

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:33 pm

Welp we got another DBZ fight coming in. This time Majin Boo fights Kirby. Which version? I dunno yet. Hopefully Super Boo since he's the strongest base version of him as well as the craftiest. Kirby is definitely no slouch with his ludicrously fast Warp Star, and strength feats, though I wonder how Kirby will finish Boo off? He can't get power ups since that's stolen from enemies, so how does he put down Boo's insane regeneration down for good? Would Hyper suction thing work? He could theoretically copy Boo by absorbing a ki blast...but I don't know. The candy beam should still be one hit kill, but can Kirby eat and copy that? I heard the argument Mirror Kirby could reflect it, but isn't mirror outside help? Discuss.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: DEATH BATTLE: Majin Boo vs Kirby!

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:57 pm

Huh, this is a weird one.

I'm hoping it's Fat Buu, since, thematically, he's more similar to Kirby than the others.

I love the old Kirby games, but I'm not really sure how his feats would translate into a Death Battle-style situation. It'll be interesting, at least. As long as the fans don't make asses of themselves trying to keep other people from enjoying it.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:15 am

This battle feels so one sided. Maybe Death Battle will surprise this time around. I can see fans getting mad if Buu loses.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:17 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Huh, this is a weird one.

I'm hoping it's Fat Buu, since, thematically, he's more similar to Kirby than the others.

I love the old Kirby games, but I'm not really sure how his feats would translate into a Death Battle-style situation. It'll be interesting, at least. As long as the fans don't make asses of themselves trying to keep other people from enjoying it.
Kirby ain't no slouch and he has the stats to fight...I think...but how to win?

It takes 201 Mega Tons to punch a crack through all of Popstar...that's not even close to destroying a planet like Earth. However he did in the show in cook form throw a big monster and pan into the sun (I don't think cook form increases strength...maybe.). That's impressive. His warp star is also really fast in travel and most definitely faster than Boo is. Though it can be destroyed as shown off in other kirby games. Kirby is argued to gave FTL reactions cause he fights Meta Knight, a guy who flies across space...but I don't know how that scaling works. Can Kirby absorb the Transmutation Beam? Can absorbing Boo's ki give him Boo's powers? These are questions I've seen. The only thing I think he could do to put down Boo is throw him into the sun, or Hypernova him and eat him....though that's if he succeeds. Other than that I don't know if he can win considering the only move I know that could wipe out all of Boo is Crash..and that's an enemy absorbed move, not a Kirby alone move. Stats wise Kirby is closer than one would think, but finisher wise he may be lacking.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:45 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:This battle feels so one sided. Maybe Death Battle will surprise this time around. I can see fans getting mad if Buu loses.
After the fan backlash of the last battle to have a DBZ character, I'm surprised Screwattack is even using another.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:25 am

At least Screw Attack had Vegeta defeat Shadow though. I do feel like Screw Attack always misses out on important feats like Sektor taking over Japan with his cyborg army in the Sektor vs. Flugore video. If they used Shadow's comic book feats then Vegeta would have been screwed.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:44 am

I'm confused at Kirby's base speed. Someone argues cause he fights Meta Knight so he's FTL...but power ups like Jet grant Kirby Mach 5 speed...so that would be a downgrade if he moves faster without it. Perhaps just FTL reactions...though I don't know how to scale.

With Deluxe Copy if it's allowed, he can use a bunch of powers without the need of others. Though that's in a side mode Milky Way Wishes if it counts. It may count which would allow Kirby to use a lot of moves like power ups. He also gets a copy device that can scan and copy enemies.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:50 am

No contest, Buu wins. If Kirby is somehow unable to be destroyed by an energy beam, Buu will eventually lose patience, and absorb him. Whatever resulting fusion will still be Buu.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:17 pm

Looks like this is gonna be another sure fire loss for DBZ.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:04 pm

I'm sure they're gonna use Kirby's planet busting strength feats while completely ignoring that they are done with only ~200 megatons.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:47 pm

Doctor. wrote:I'm sure they're gonna use Kirby's planet busting strength feats while completely ignoring that they are done with only ~200 megatons.
Kirby still flung a monster rather quickly into the sun in Cook form. So that's arguably a greater feat...maybe.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:21 pm

:shock: This is something I really want to see! Honestly, I'd be ok with either of them winning. My only issue with Death Battle as a whole would be trying to mix a bunch of different continuities together, but in this case Kirby's established as being incredibly powerful in both the anime and the games. He's taken down several gods of destruction. :D

Both Buu and Kirby share a weakness of being childish, though. This could go either way, but it's probably going to depend on which Buu they plan on using.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:24 pm

I really hope they include Super Boo. He's the strongest and craftiest of the Boo's. He's used strategy before and things like his fake out he used on Gohan and the others could theoretically work on Kirby.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:30 pm

Didn't they get help from Kanzenshuu for the Goku battle? I wonder if they'll do the same for this one.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:34 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Didn't they get help from Kanzenshuu for the Goku battle? I wonder if they'll do the same for this one.
I can't see why not. We have a whole strength checker they could use.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:38 am

*Sigh*... Let me go Brush myself up on some Kirby info so the loss Boo will get won't be so surprising.. Though DEATHBATTLE is just a glorified opinion anyway. If they don't comeback here for the info on Boo then I'll just laugh this off like the Vegeta vs Shadow one.

Ryu vs Scorpion was a bit sketchy but it was a fifty fifty out come anyway.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:29 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:*Sigh*... Let me go Brush myself up on some Kirby info so the loss Boo will get won't be so surprising.. Though DEATHBATTLE is just a glorified opinion anyway. If they don't comeback here for the info on Boo then I'll just laugh this off like the Vegeta vs Shadow one.

Ryu vs Scorpion was a bit sketchy but it was a fifty fifty out come anyway.
I don't quite get what you mean but ok. They probably will come back or at least use Herms strength checker quotes.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:30 pm

Wait, but Vegeta beat Shadow, so why are some of you saying looks like yet another sure lose for DBZ, how many have there been? Aready saw the Goku Vs. Superman one... so?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:08 pm

Retan wrote:Wait, but Vegeta beat Shadow, so why are some of you saying looks like yet another sure lose for DBZ, how many have there been? Aready saw the Goku Vs. Superman one... so?
Vegeta beat Shadow, Superman beat Goku. This one could go either way...but it seems like Super Boo may not be in it, thus nerfing Boo's chances.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:54 pm

i bet it'll be fat buu

he loves food just like kirby
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell