Vegeta's sacrifice

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

Vegeta's sacrifice

Post by Kishido » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:14 am

Still my favourite scene of the whole manga. But one thing bothers me after the talk with Piccolo?

He should know that Bulma and Co would trie to revive him with the DBs... So would he as Goku deny being revived by the DBs cuz of all the sins he has done? Would fit in with the speech to seetle the core with Goku just once.

But now WHAT IF... Goku would have been revived... How could Vegeta possibly know that and if they would have asked Shenron to revive Vegeta would you think Vegeta would still deny it?

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Vegeta's sacrifice

Post by ZazamPow » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:19 am

That's a good question. Assume Vegeta's Final Explosion actually did finish Buu off and the threat was over right then, there wasn't actually anything stopping him from being revived. I never thought about this before. I mean he did kill all those people at the tournament, but I don't think that would have stopped Bulma and Co. from forgiving him, she was his wife(?) after all.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:15 am

ZazamPow wrote:That's a good question. Assume Vegeta's Final Explosion actually did finish Buu off and the threat was over right then, there wasn't actually anything stopping him from being revived. I never thought about this before. I mean he did kill all those people at the tournament, but I don't think that would have stopped Bulma and Co. from forgiving him, she was his wife(?) after all.
Yeah. For better or for worst, he would be forgiven. :problem:

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:28 am

Shenron already revived Vegeta at the end of the Namek Arc. He can't be revived again.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:36 am

Rocketman wrote:Shenron already revived Vegeta at the end of the Namek Arc. He can't be revived again.
Hello friends at Name with Porunga... You know the dragon who was used at the Majin Buu saga as well

And this isn't even the whole point of the thread

RealtreeByGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by RealtreeByGod » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:13 am

Kishido wrote:
Rocketman wrote:Shenron already revived Vegeta at the end of the Namek Arc. He can't be revived again.
Hello friends at Name with Porunga... You know the dragon who was used at the Majin Buu saga as well

Which would go over real well probably.

"Hey Namekians! Can we borrow your dragon balls?"

"Oh no, who died? Krillin again? Piccolo?"

"No, Vegeta."

"You mean that guy who slaughtered an entire village to get a dragonball?"

"Yeah"

"Well how'd he die?"

"Oh, he let himself be possessed by an alien wizard, blew up a stadium full of people, knocked out Goku, and blew himself up"

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:38 am

Porunga revived him after all but still not the point. The question is would Vegeta deny it as Goku has done... Or his whole dialogue with Piccolo would make no sense if he knew the possibility of being revived.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:02 am

RealtreeByGod wrote:
Kishido wrote:

Which would go over real well probably.

"Hey Namekians! Can we borrow your dragon balls?"

"Oh no, who died? Krillin again? Piccolo?"

"No, Vegeta."

"You mean that guy who slaughtered an entire village to get a dragonball?"

"Yeah"

"Well how'd he die?"

"Oh, he let himself be possessed by an alien wizard, blew up a stadium full of people, knocked out Goku, and blew himself up"
Beautiful. :clap:

On-topic - No, Vegeta would not deny because he wouldn't have a choice. Goku kept his body when he died and could see what the others were up to thanks to King Kai. Vegeta would be in hell, only conscious of his reality there. For example, we see in F that Frieza has no idea he's about to be revived before he is.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:30 pm

So the talk actually was just for drama

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:24 pm

Kishido wrote:So the talk actually was just for drama
It was because he knew he couldn't be revived.

Logan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Logan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:14 pm

I still don't understand why Vegeta turned to stone when he tried destroying Boo in the blast.
There is no Dragon Ball canon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:32 pm

Logan wrote:I still don't understand why Vegeta turned to stone when he tried destroying Boo in the blast.
Dramatic effect.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:44 am

Logan wrote:I still don't understand why Vegeta turned to stone when he tried destroying Boo in the blast.
It seems more like his body turned into ashes to me.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:46 am

I think it's most likely because of Babidi's magic/majin spell. The "statue" was floating in the air for a bit and obviously Vegeta was in no shape to maintain himself with his ki.
酷签名