"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sodhi
I Live Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Sodhi » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:06 am

Well now I dont have to waste my time :)

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:09 am

Thankyou Herms as always for getting these translations out SO fast!
"That’s why, in his own childish way, kid Trunks is a bit guarded, feeling wary and even competitive… I think this agitation distances him from future Trunks.

Also, since kid Trunks is still just a boy, I thought it’d be good to also portray him as growing up bit by bit. Well, I guess I’ve given the game away (laughs)."
Hype hype hype hype

seriously, development for Kid Trunks is the thing I am most excited about in this arc. And this is implying that's happening!
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:09 am

In better news, we've got the new Kusao interview fully translated.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Abel Taylor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abel Taylor » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:12 am

Herms wrote:In better news, we've got the new Kusao interview fully translated.
That was fast.
Hi! My name's Abel, and I'm pretty awesome.
VegettoEX wrote: Abel is pretty awesome.
SaiyaJedi wrote: Abel is the best contributor to this forum ever! He's the true Julian #1
Herms wrote: Abel is so awesome that I forgot how to speak Japanese.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:14 am

I always get a lot of site work done when I'm trying to put off other things.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:16 am

Thanks for the translation. Everything said about the new arc sounds fantastic so far. I really hope they deliver.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:24 am

Many thanks for the translation!

Does "no summaries/staff" indicate actual behind-the-scenes trouble, or are they just really working hard to not spoiler anything?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:25 am

Chuquita wrote:Many thanks for the translation!

Does "no summaries/staff" indicate actual behind-the-scenes trouble, or are they just really working hard to not spoiler anything?
It sounds like they don't want to spoil anything too much.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:26 am

"From your very first look at him, he’s just bad to the bone. I’ll only say one thing about the end of the new chapter’s first episode, but this should say it all: it’s enough to make you go “there’s no way they can win"

This I gotta see, Goku black being an entity or something that we will surely make us think they have no chance of winning? when they have Goku and Vegeta both Saiyan Gods, Beerus the God of destruction on their card? I doubt it but then again gotta wait and see.

Having thoughts about the last part of the episode we see Goku black smirking, and in the shadows behind him we see Black Beerus,Whis,Vegeta then yea.... they're fcked in more ways than one :lol:

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:27 am

Chuquita wrote:Many thanks for the translation!

This does look to be a deliberate act. Looking at how mysterious they are keeping this arc from everyone, I think it is just to avoid spoilers.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:30 am

Thank you for the translation Herms!

Two sentences stand out to me:
- "Also, since kid Trunks is still just a boy, I thought it’d be good to also portray him as growing up bit by bit. Well, I guess I’ve given the game away (laughs)."
-"I’ll only say one thing about the end of the new chapter’s first episode, but this should say it all: it’s enough to make you go “there’s no way they can win…” (laughs)."

One of the the prospects I found more interesting, when this arc was announced, was the possible interaction between both Trunks, which would gives us some character growth for the so far "forever a kid" Trunks and Goten by proxy. I just hope it's much better than the Trunks - Freeza interaction in the RoF arc.

Another clue that Black Goku or whatever the threat might, isn't about brute force. Beating Trunks isn't impressive, even if he's SSJ3 since Goku and Vegeta can finger flick that level.

This seems like it will leaves us impatiently waiting for the next episode and coming up with theory's in-between episodes. I hope the forum becomes more accessible and engaging, instead of 90% complaining.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:31 am

Re: No summaries because...

Good to hear it's probably deliberate. With how rushed Super's schedule is, my imagination immediately went to "Oh no are they in such trouble that they don't even have summaries/titles ready in time for the magazines?".
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:33 am

Chuquita wrote:Re: No summaries because...

Good to hear it's probably deliberate. With how rushed Super's schedule is, my imagination immediately went to "Oh no are they in such trouble that they don't even have summaries/titles ready in time for the magazines?".
Yeah, it sounds like they don't want to give away anything, as they had no obligation to post titles or summaries, not every show does. They could have listed just a director or whatever, with no other information, just a bunch of "TBD", to confirm there will be an episode in those days. But no, there's nothing.

For the next few weeks, all we're gonna have are episode previews and probably those redundant Weekly Jump info. This is upsetting but at the same time exciting, especially with all those hints they've been dropping (development for kid Trunks, seriously? i wasn't taking it seriously at all, but maybe that does explain the blue hair..).

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:34 am

Thanks for the translation! I hope after this arc the kids age a bit both physically and mentally! I'm hoping once Trunks see's what his future self and family go through he'll start looking at protecting the ones he loves instead of his Saiyan heritage as a play thing. Goten could follow suit too! It seems like this arc is going to be gritty or one we haven't seen since DBZ.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:36 am

SansrivaaL wrote: Having thoughts about the last part of the episode we see Goku black smirking, and in the shadows behind him we see Black Beerus,Whis,Vegeta then yea.... they're fcked in more ways than one :lol:
That will surely intrigue me :shock:
hoping this or something like this happens :P
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:40 am

Maybe Trunks actually WILL get to grow taller a bit in this arc, and that's part of the reason why they gave Future Trunks blue hair. So, even if Kid Trunks starts resembling Future Trunks more, the hair colour can easily tell them apart.

...I dunno. I'm being optimistic. (And I haven't been optimistic for a while now. Please don't spoil this.)
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:42 am

Araki wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Re: No summaries because...

Yeah, it sounds like they don't want to give away anything, as they had no obligation to post titles or summaries, not every show does. They could have listed just a director or whatever, with no other information, just a bunch of "TBD", to confirm there will be an episode in those days. But no, there's nothing.

For the next few weeks, all we're gonna have are episode previews and probably those redundant Weekly Jump info. This is upsetting but at the same time exciting, especially with all those hints they've been dropping (development for kid Trunks, seriously? i wasn't taking it seriously at all, but maybe that does explain the blue hair..).
The only ways it really affects me are I really like spoilers so I'm sad there won't be any and I like to know who the writers are ahead of time and I'm sad I won't know that. I'm hoping that having picked up on tells each of the four of them use that I'll be able to pick out the writer without knowing who. (Ryu tends to get important event episodes, Fukushima is usually filler and has the sweeter-than-typical Gokû, Toshio is VegeBul, and Koyama doesn't really have a tell since he hasn't written enough to stand out and so he stands out by not standing out.)
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:42 am

Thinking about it, Nozawa playing Black in Episode 47 seems to confirm that Black won't travel back into the past and take over Goku, since he already sound like him. So, Black is Black Goku, which is what I thought when I first saw the poster.

I also don't think there will be a Black Whis, Beerus, ect, since if there was, they would be the main threats, not Black Goku.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:42 am

I really hope they do give Present Trunks some damn purpose. This is either the best opportunity for him, or the worst possibility of Future Trunks burying his past self.

Overall Kusao's comments have gotten me more excited for the upcoming episode. So that's a positive in my book.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:43 am

MozillaVulpix wrote:Maybe Trunks actually WILL get to grow taller a bit in this arc, and that's part of the reason why they gave Future Trunks blue hair. So, even if Kid Trunks starts resembling Future Trunks more, the hair colour can easily tell them apart.

...I dunno. I'm being optimistic. (And I haven't been optimistic for a while now. Please don't spoil this.)
Yeah, i don't see what other way i could take his words, especially after his 'oops, i'm giving away too much".

Although i'm pretty sure i saw the little head of kid Goten standing next to Chi-chi in the preview. Well, not that they couldn't do a timeskip later.