Who is still alive at the end of GT?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Who is still alive at the end of GT?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:08 pm

So 100 years after the Shadow Dragon arc in GT, who is still alive after all of these years. This topic was done a while ago, but I don't think anyone done a similar thread recently. Besides Pan, who do you think is still alive. My guesses:

Any of the Kai's - They don't seem to age. So Elder Kaioshin, Kibitoshin and the other Kais on the Grand Kai planet are still around.

Beerus and Whis - If they exist in the same continuity and don't get killed off before EOZ then I'm pretty sure they are alive. Beerus is millions of years old and another 100 years is nothing to him. I doubt Whis will age much in 100 years.

Dende and Mr. Popo - Dende at this point is very old similar how Kami looked and Mr. Popo never seems to age.

Garlic Jr - He's still stuck in the Dead Zone and is also immortal. GT also follows the DB anime and the Garlic Jr. saga happen in the anime.

Master Roshi - He's already 300 years old during DB and DBZ. I think he is likely enough to live another 100 years

Uub - Given that he is now fused with Buu, I think his life span is longer now
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Re: Who is still alive at the end of GT?

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:22 pm

King Kai is dead.

18 is still alive although she does age, slowly.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:39 pm

Perhaps Bra? Unless Pan was really healthy and special. Piccolo? He is Kami and Piccolo Daimao. Both lived a long time. How about Goku himself? He appeared to be an adult again so..he reaged?

I know it's a stretch but how about Majin Boo?

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:42 pm

Piccolo is trapped in Hell, but he isn't dead and is probably really weary-looking. Honestly, 100+ Dende might not look too bad. You didn't mention Pan, which I guess is obvious, but there it is.

I don't know about Uub and 18, though. We don't really know Uub works; he's supposed to have the potential of Genuine Buu but anything beyond that is speculation. I would assume he ages like any other human, and maybe he is alive along with Pan at the end. But 18? Aging that slowly? I seriously doubt it.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:51 pm

B wrote:Piccolo is trapped in Hell, but he isn't dead and is probably really weary-looking. Honestly, 100+ Dende might not look too bad. You didn't mention Pan, which I guess is obvious, but there it is.
He did mention Pan.
B wrote:I don't know about Uub and 18, though. We don't really know Uub works; he's supposed to have the potential of Genuine Buu but anything beyond that is speculation. I would assume he ages like any other human, and maybe he is alive along with Pan at the end. But 18? Aging that slowly? I seriously doubt it.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... ll-arc-06/

Q4: Do modified-human types like Artificial Humans No. 17 and No. 18 get stronger if they train?

Akira Toriyama: Since they’re human-based, of course they can become even stronger if they train.
In the case of modified-human types like No. 17 and No. 18, since they’re human-based they can become stronger if they train. By the way, though they don’t need to eat, they do need to hydrate. Also, their cells deteriorate slowly, so they age slowly too.
Last edited by Marco Polo on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:52 pm

I vaguely recall Master Roshi making a joke about not being immortal and being close to death (or something?), so I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess he's not alive.

Dende and Mr. Popo are likely still there, as would the Kais be. 18 is a cyborg, she still has human parts and organs that are probably likely to fail at some point, so her making it isn't really a straight guarantee.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:25 pm

funrush wrote:I vaguely recall Master Roshi making a joke about not being immortal and being close to death (or something?), so I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess he's not alive.
Didn't that only happen in Toyble's AF manga?

If so, that old cook is probably alive. I would say Baba is probably also alive.

Besides them, Goku is obviously out there. The Kais should be alive. Bra's younger than Pan, so she may be alive, unless she caught a life-threatening STD.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:29 pm

Yeah, "aging slowly" is not a direct equivalent of "lives for 100 years." To even say she might approach that is a real stretch.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:36 pm

B wrote:Yeah, "aging slowly" is not a direct equivalent of "lives for 100 years." To even say she might approach that is a real stretch.
And yet Pan who isn't said to age slowly casually manages to live for 100 years.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:38 pm

B wrote:Yeah, "aging slowly" is not a direct equivalent of "lives for 100 years." To even say she might approach that is a real stretch.
Toriyama approved her living into AGE 1000 for DBO, so there is precedence.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:17 am

B wrote:Piccolo is trapped in Hell, but he isn't dead and is probably really weary-looking.
Piccolo is dead actually, he died when the Earth was destroyed at the end of Baby arc to seal the Ultimate Dragon Balls. He doesn't have a halo because those who live in Hell don't have one in GT.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Toriyama approved her living into AGE 1000 for DBO, so there is precedence.
Wait, #18 was confirmed to be alive in DBO?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:58 pm

Well here's a few that should be around. All these characters are shown alive in Dragon Ball Online
Karin
Cyborg Tao Pai Pai must still be around as Tao Pai Pai X
Uranai Baba
Most Namekians, including Muuri

These ones should still be around:

The Crane Hermit may still be alive too. Also Cargo should be alive.

Since #18 is confirmed alive in Age 1000 and they do age slowly, that means that #17 and even #8 should still be alive.

There's also no reason for Gill to have "died" or whatever Machine Mutants do. Maybe he's been hanging out at Capsule Corp. Heck, there's no reason for the ties between the Son and Briefs family to have been severed, yet they must have been since Pan doesn't even recognize the descendants.

If we're going out of the series, Neko Majin Z might still be around too since they live for many years.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:01 pm

Tao Pai Pai and Tsuru-sennin should have died when Boo blew up the Earth.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:04 pm

Doctor. wrote:Tao Pai Pai and Tsuru-sennin should have died when Boo blew up the Earth.
Tao should have, but according to DB Online he somehow came back to life.

Also yeah I forgot that 17 was wished back at the end of GT.

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:28 pm

With all of the adventures everyone has gone through in Z, I'm going to say that to be alive must suck. I would be horribly sad at the loss of everyone if I managed to outlive them all. Dende has no best friend (Gohan), 18 has no husband (Krillin), everyone else is just dead. =/

Dbzejo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzejo » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:19 am

Korin, Dende, Popo, the Kais, Yemma, 17, 18, Baba, Mori, Eighter :D

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:09 am

When was #18 confirmed to be alive in DBO? I can't find anything in the guidebooks translations, and I don't recall her appearing in-game.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:38 am

Vegeta is probably still alive but hooked up to machines and can't move.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:57 am

sintzu wrote:Vegeta is probably still alive but hooked up to machines and can't move.
Vegeta either died in a blaze of glory fighting Goku, as described in Dragon Ball Online; or he died of an heart attack due to high blood pressure, according to an old Toriyama interview.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:00 am

DNA wrote:
sintzu wrote:Vegeta is probably still alive but hooked up to machines and can't move.
Vegeta either died in a blaze of glory fighting Goku, as described in Dragon Ball Online; or he died of an heart attack due to high blood pressure, according to an old Toriyama interview.
Probably the latter as Dragon Ball Online doesn't take place in the same continuity as GT.