Dragon ball to take place in after life?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GokuRules987
Banned

Dragon ball to take place in after life?

Post by GokuRules987 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:58 am

Do you think it work if dragon ball series mainly took place in after life in a far future. We might see Goku and his friends uncovering new realities, fighting against other heroes from different universes and overall expanding the series more into the other the world. Personally i think it would be cool, because the after life in Dragon ball is suppost to be this sacred place that actually has some pretty cool things and concepts developed into it already that could play in a story setting.

I think it would definitely give Dragon ball something unique to see, because we never see any animes that mainly take place in after life unless you count bleach sorta. Now some of you might ofcourse say right now that if Dragon ball took place mainly in real life then the whole point in fighting villains or taking risks would become even more pointless since you wont have to worry about dying again in which i would say that's not entire true. There was also plenty of recalled scenes in dragon ball like during kid buu battle where he tried to attack fighters of dead, Goku said that if you "die" after you're already dead then they wouldn't be able to bring them back. Even King Kai during Goku's day off to visit the earth told him that he would be gone for good if he dies again. Thats why i don't think dragon ball series taking place in after life would necessary be something boring to see. But what are your thoughts on this guys?
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon ball to take place in after life?

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:11 am

I always liked the thought of Goku remaining dead and having his own adventures in the after life, which somehow influenced the living one. The closest we got to this connection between realms was Fusion Reborn. =P

We could have two protagonists: Gohan or Uub and Goku! D=

A Janemba saga would have been better than the Buu one.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

GokuRules987
Banned

Re: Dragon ball to take place in after life?

Post by GokuRules987 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:40 am

And if Kaioshin realm is suppost to be 1/10 of the universe then there a crap ton of things you could explore in there. Many stories that have after life in them often visualize it as a resting place or final destination but in dragon ball its rather than a complete new journey which might even be bigger than what they have in real world.
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!