I think Beerus was the largest threat DBS will ever have.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

I think Beerus was the largest threat DBS will ever have.

Post by shadd21 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:07 pm

With the stakes being raised so early with Goku vs. Beerus' battle nearly destroying the universe and Toriyama confirming awhile back that Golden Freeza is weaker than Beerus, i have a feeling that from this point on every foe/villain who appears after the BoG arc will be weaker than Beerus simply due to the risk of universal destruction being raised so early.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: I think Beerus was the largest threat DBS will ever have

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:42 pm

Universe 6 arc will probably be on that level too. Just in another universe, with others characters.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:45 pm

As much as I would like this to be the case, I sincerely doubt it'll stay that way. Raising the stakes to where Vegeta can blow up Earth in Dragon Ball didn't hinder Toriyama from going even crazier and I doubt this will be any different. Instead of it threatening the universe, it'll probably the multiverse next.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:02 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:As much as I would like this to be the case, I sincerely doubt it'll stay that way. Raising the stakes to where Vegeta can blow up Earth in Dragon Ball didn't hinder Toriyama from going even crazier and I doubt this will be any different. Instead of it threatening the universe, it'll probably the multiverse next.
Then after that it will start going into Star Trek territory and then they'll start threatening different planes of existence and other phases or some shit. :lol:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:50 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:As much as I would like this to be the case, I sincerely doubt it'll stay that way. Raising the stakes to where Vegeta can blow up Earth in Dragon Ball didn't hinder Toriyama from going even crazier and I doubt this will be any different. Instead of it threatening the universe, it'll probably the multiverse next.
Then after that it will start going into Star Trek territory and then they'll start threatening different planes of existence and other phases or some shit. :lol:
Temporal agents/ Time patrol, same difference. Isn't that where both Star Trek and and Xenoverse/DBO ended up going? :lol:

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:11 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
It'll be like Vegeta and Champa punching each other in the face, then the next chapter of One Piece is all the characters going "did you feel something?"

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:13 pm

The current season of The Flash is dealing with a multiverse. It's kinda cool that it's all happening simultaneously.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:14 pm

I'd forgotten about it, but I would still like to see a villain with reality-warper powers, like Janenba, but with dialogue and possibly a Dr. Slump-esque sense of humor.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:20 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'd forgotten about it, but I would still like to see a villain with reality-warper powers, like Janenba, but with dialogue and possibly a Dr. Slump-esque sense of humor.
Why the sense of humor? To just undercut the stakes like Buu all over again?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:01 pm

While in the movie, I think it was mentioned that they are stronger being's in other universes even stronger than Beerus himself, I can see a major threat being a battle over time and history itself like Xenoverse since Whis can turn back time.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:26 pm

ABED wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'd forgotten about it, but I would still like to see a villain with reality-warper powers, like Janenba, but with dialogue and possibly a Dr. Slump-esque sense of humor.
Not like Buu, more like Janemba. I would like a smarter Janemba.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:51 pm

Nah. There will definitely be a larger threat. I mean, Whis is already stronger. Most likely FemWhis too. I am kind of hoping for an end-all boss that's on a multiversal level, like Anti-Monitor.
Chuquita wrote:
ABED wrote:
Not like Buu, more like Janemba. I would like a smarter Janemba.
<3
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:57 pm

The smarter Janemba is his second form.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:04 pm

Take that back.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:07 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Take that back.
NEVAH
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKBkl_7qroc

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:04 pm

The battle will be so dope, that it will transcend the Multiverses including the fiction ones and it will threaten even us, watching the show!
That's how crazy Toriyama is. There is no limit, the Shonen escalates.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:41 am

I thought Toei was coming up with all of these details, not Toriyama.

I bet Toei will write more crazy stuff happening, then 10 years later Toriyama will release a guidebook saying that it's all non-canon, and what really happened is going to be portrayed in the new movies he's making. Then Toei will make an anime out of them, and the process repeats itself.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:38 pm

The idea behind dbz is: stronger enemy, getting stronger. So definitely someone stronger than beerus will appear.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:11 pm

Ok maybe not quick but question, How would Goku or Vegeta be able to defeat someone stronger than Beerus when even as SSGSS their still weaker than him?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:04 pm

I think it'd be pretty stupid if "There's always someone stronger" didn't apply to Beerus and Whis. I'm sure someone out there is more powerful than them.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!