GT Power Levels explain DB Super

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMikado
I Live Here

GT Power Levels explain DB Super

Post by TheMikado » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:49 pm

After some thought I believe Goku's incredible base power level in GT makes sense if the events of BotG and RoF took place.
From GT we know that Goku > Rildo >/= Buu >/= SSj3, meaning we know base Goku is at least stronger than SSJ3.
Based off of BotG we know the only form stronger than SSJ3 (Outside of SSJ4) is SSJG and that once they have it mastered they basically look normal.

So What happened and how can the events of Super and GT be true?
Here is my personal theory.

During the events of Super, Vegeta and Goku were able to master the SSJB form causing it to appear as regular SSJ.
The only difference is that their base power levels were substantially higher.
I believe at some point they will go SSJ4 mostly due to the counterpart Saiyans not having tails in universe 7. This would give them an edge.
I also believe this because I think Vegeta will become, or attempt to become the new god of destruction with Goku acting as Whls in one of the other universes.
Whatever they end up doing in the other universes will eventually all go south causing galaxy/planet swaps etc.
In an attempt to correct everything Whis will try to stop the saiyans from using their powers in the future but unfortunately cannot remove their power.
The only thing he can do is wipe their memory of being Gods and hope that they never discover their full potential.

Bonus round: I think Piccolo will become a Namekian God. This is due to having the Super Dragon Balls which call forth a Super God Dragon. These would likely have to have been created by and in the future managed by a Namekian God character, to which Piccolo would be the prime candidate.

Anyway. The fact that God is so strong in base form in GT makes since if the events of DB Super actually did occur but they have no memory of it.

Khin
I Live Here

Re: GT Power Levels explain DB Super

Post by Khin » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:03 am

Super and GT and can't be in the same continuity because :

- In Super,Beerus and SSjG Goku's fight threatened the entire Universe while if Beerus and Champa were to fight,they could potentially destroy Universe 6 and 7.Nothing in GT come even close to that.
- Kibito desuses is Super,although it didn't happen yet in the anime.I doubt Toyotaro will do random shit like that.
- No mention whatsoever in GT for Whis/Beerus/Champa/Vados or the Champa tournament or any of the U6 Tournament combatants or Monaka.
- How the hell does a random alien in GT (Rildo) is as the same league as Beerus ? Why didn't Beerus fight him instead of Goku ?
- Freeza didn't transform into his Golden form in Hell and he's not in cocoon either.

I will add more later.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:51 am

You know that base goku (RoF) > SS4 gogeta ?
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:28 am

stop it, GT is non canon
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Pocket-God
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pocket-God » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:34 am

apex_pretador wrote:You know that base goku (RoF) > SS4 gogeta ?
This is one of the most retarded sentences I've seen on this site .-.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:44 am

I think you can count GT as an alternate timeline. Future Trunks created several timelines by traveling in time, so it is possible that GT is set where Beerus doesn't woke up (probably never talked with Oracle Fish about SSJG), and Freeza was not ressurected. If we are talking about power levels and why Goku is as strong (maybe stronger) as Majin Buu - If I remember correctly GT is set 5 years after EOZ, so it's 15 years since Buu was defeated. I guess Goku could train very, very hard to become powerful as he is in GT.

I can't find any other explanation. Some time ago I thought that maybe something had absorbed Goku's (and Vegeta's) God power, so he can't use it in GT, but I think it won't happen.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:06 am

Pocket-God wrote:
This is one of the most retarded sentences I've seen on this site .-.
Seriously?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =8&t=25425

Here you go. Now this is what you must call
Pocket-God wrote: This is one of the most retarded sentences I've seen on this site .-.

Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:12 am

In your opinion.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:32 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:
In your opinion.
Well, this is my opinion, but Beerus >> SS4 gogeta is a fact.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:34 am

apex_pretador wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:
In your opinion.
Well, this is my opinion, but Beerus >> SS4 gogeta is a fact.
No, that's also your opinion.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:08 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote: No, that's also your opinion.
SS4 gogeta is no more than 20x SS4 vegeta.

SS3 vegetto (buu) >= SS4 (Shadow dragon) > SS4 (baby arc) ~ = SS vegetto (buu arc)

Beeurs (wayyyy less than 10%) >= SS3 vegetto (BoG) >>> SS3 vegetto (buu arc) >> SS vegetto
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:10 am

apex_pretador wrote:SS4 gogeta is no more than 20x SS4 vegeta.
This is your opinion.
apex_pretador wrote:SS3 vegetto (buu) >= SS4 (Shadow dragon) > SS4 (baby arc) ~ = SS vegetto (buu arc)
This is also your opinion.
apex_pretador wrote:Beeurs (wayyyy less than 10%) >= SS3 vegetto (BoG) >>> SS3 vegetto (buu arc) >> SS vegetto
And again, your opinion.

All you're giving me is assumptions based on your own interpretation. Nothing you said is objective, and I don't agree with any of it.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:55 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:SS4 gogeta is no more than 20x SS4 vegeta.
This is your opinion.
This is an implication based on fight. Omega was like 7x or 8x SS4 goku / vegeta, and gogeta was manhandling him, but the gap wasn't like 5x or so. Omega even survived gogeta's best attack.
At best 2.5x gap.

apex_pretador wrote:SS3 vegetto (buu) >= SS4 (Shadow dragon) > SS4 (baby arc) ~ = SS vegetto (buu arc)
This is also your opinion.
It has been stated in a guidebook a.k.a. GT perfect file that Super vegetto >= SS4.

Anyways, it can also be proven by powerscaling.
apex_pretador wrote:Beeurs (wayyyy less than 10%) >= SS3 vegetto (BoG) >>> SS3 vegetto (buu arc) >> SS vegetto
And again, your opinion.

All you're giving me is assumptions based on your own interpretation. Nothing you said is objective, and I don't agree with any of it.
GOKU :I think I will need to merge with vegeta, but even that will not work
later...
BEERUS :It has been a really long time since I've used "ANYWHERE NEAR" 10% of my power.

Everyone (when vegeta angers) : Unbelievable, he surpassed even goku !!!
implying that goku was the #1 before.

So, by goku's comment , Beerus (Much less than 10%) >= SS3 vegetto (BoG) >> SS3 vegetto (buu arc)
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:00 pm

apex_pretador wrote:This is an implication based on fight. Omega was like 7x or 8x SS4 goku / vegeta, and gogeta was manhandling him, but the gap wasn't like 5x or so. Omega even survived gogeta's best attack.
At best 2.5x gap.
The bolded parts are assumptions.

apex_pretador wrote:It has been stated in a guidebook a.k.a. GT perfect file that Super vegetto >= SS4.

The Perfect Files don't say that.

Why are you using your own arbitrary power scaling to prove a point? I can just as easily say that I can "prove" that Vegetto isn't that strong with my power scaling.
apex_pretador wrote:GOKU :I think I will need to merge with vegeta, but even that will not work
later...
BEERUS :It has been a really long time since I've used "ANYWHERE NEAR" 10% of my power.

So, by goku's comment , Beerus (Much less than 10%) >= SS3 vegetto (BoG) >> SS3 vegetto (buu arc)
Goku's comment on fusion not working was based on his expectation for Beers' full power (he knew Beers wasn't using his full power), so that's a moot argument.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:21 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:This is an implication based on fight. Omega was like 7x or 8x SS4 goku / vegeta, and gogeta was manhandling him, but the gap wasn't like 5x or so. Omega even survived gogeta's best attack.
At best 2.5x gap.
The bolded parts are assumptions.
Syn shenron x 10 = omega. Syn was easily handled by goku = vegeta. SO, Omega = 7-8x SS4 at best.
Actually, Omega vs SS4 gogeta gap wasn't THAT MUCH larger than SS4 vs syn , and definitely not as big as Omega vs SS4 goku / vegeta.
Omega surviving SS4 gogeta's best attack is a big deal.
apex_pretador wrote:It has been stated in a guidebook a.k.a. GT perfect file that Super vegetto >= SS4.

The Perfect Files don't say that.
Why are you using your own arbitrary power scaling to prove a point? I can just as easily say that I can "prove" that Vegetto isn't that strong with my power scaling.
Vegetto as a SS tanked everything buuhan could offer. He was ripping him apart as a CANDY !
Actually,you can't prove me wrong by my powerscaling. Try if you wish to.
apex_pretador wrote:GOKU :I think I will need to merge with vegeta, but even that will not work
later...

Goku's comment on fusion not working was based on his expectation for Beers' full power (he knew Beers wasn't using his full power), so that's a moot argument.
So, pure assumption on your part?
Goku can't sense beerus.
Goku didn't know beerus was suppressed before he told everyone.

Goku flat out states that he couldn't even believe that this realm of power IS EVEN POSSIBLE !

So, SSG is unimaginably stronger than SS3 vegetto.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:24 pm

First of all, I'll go by XenoVerse, which states that the GT timeline is a different one from the Z/Super timeline, like Future Trunks' timeline.

Based on feats & statements (including guidebooks), and my opinion, this is how I think that the Z/GT/Super fighters compare to each other:
After Goku became a Super Saiyan God, with the help of 5 other Saiyans, against Beerus, he managed to absorb its power through their fight & made it his own, which decreased his power insignificantly, making his SS & SSG transformations useless. The only way to become significantly stronger was by becoming a Super Saiyan Blue.
Vegeta managed to obtain the power of Super Saiyan God as well, reaching Goku's level in his base form, and also became able to become a Super Saiyan Blue. However, he didn't do that like Goku. Instead of becoming a Super Saiyan God with the help of others & absorbing its power, he did ki control training under Whis for 6 months.

But how did Vegeta become so strong against Beerus in BoG? Why are the base Saiyans in GT so powerful? Why can Ultimate Gohan become a Super Saiyan?

This is my theory: Whis told Vegeta that if he can learn how to control his ki, he would be able to reach Goku's level, which he did. I don't believe that Whis pulled that from his ass, I believe that he came to that conclusion after seeing Vegeta's rage boost. Vegeta could become so powerful by drawing out some of his SSG dormant powers, but he couldn't control that power. He learned how to control that power through Whis' special training, and he managed to draw out all of the SSG dormant powers in his base form.

But what do the GT Saiyans have to do with this? They never had Whis or SSG. Goten & Trunks told Goku that they would train after the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai, and according to the GT Perfect Files, Gohan restarted his training as well before GT, but they obviously haven't trained hard enough. Goku & Vegeta never stopped training, obviously. I believe that through their training, they managed to begin drawing out their SSG dormant powers, which is why they made such insane gains, and why SS gives the old x50 boost to Gohan once again. However, they are nowhere near close to the full power of Super Saiyan God even in their Super Saiyan 4 forms & their transformations still give them the normal increases, since they have don't even know about the existence of SSG, so they aren't even aware that they have scratched the surface of some special power.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:39 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
I agree with this, especially the top half. Where do you have buuhan anyways?
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:41 pm

apex_pretador wrote:Syn shenron x 10 = omega. Syn was easily handled by goku = vegeta. SO, Omega = 7-8x SS4 at best.
Episode 59
Time: 5m30s
Yi Xing Long: “This is an unbelievable power up, even if I do say so myself. I’m ten times greater than before…perhaps even more! Not being able to see it, you might not believe it, but just by using the slightest power, everything around has been blown away!”

Super Yi Xing Long is perhaps even more than 10x stronger.
apex_pretador wrote:Actually, Omega vs SS4 gogeta gap wasn't THAT MUCH larger than SS4 vs syn , and definitely not as big as Omega vs SS4 goku / vegeta.
Omega surviving SS4 gogeta's best attack is a big deal.
He survived because he can regenerate.
apex_pretador wrote:
That's not from the Perfect Files. Furthermore, it can be interpreted as a general Super Saiyan 4 vs. Potara comparison. Given statements in the actual show, Vegetto being that strong is questionable at best.
apex_pretador wrote:Vegetto as a SS tanked everything buuhan could offer. He was ripping him apart as a CANDY !
And who says SS4 Goku can't do that? Or even Super Vegeta-Baby?
apex_pretador wrote:Actually,you can't prove me wrong by my powerscaling. Try if you wish to.
SS Vegetto >= SS4 Goku (GT) > SS3 Goku (GT) > SS2 Goku (GT) > SS Goku (GT) Base Goku (GT) > Base Gohan (GT) > Ultimate Gohan

For that chain to be true, Base Vegetto would have to be multiple times stronger than Ultimate Gohan and by extension Gohan-Boo. Try justifying Vegetto using Super Saiyan if that's the case.
apex_pretador wrote:So, pure assumption on your part?
Goku can't sense beerus.
Goku didn't know beerus was suppressed before he told everyone.
Goku asked Beers to see "just a little bit" of his power, or something along those lines. At least in the movie version.
apex_pretador wrote:Goku flat out states that he couldn't even believe that this realm of power IS EVEN POSSIBLE !

So, SSG is unimaginably stronger than SS3 vegetto.
I don't disagree with SS God > SS3 Vegetto, I just don't think the gap needs to be that huge. It can be 2x and work for me.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:04 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:And who says SS4 Goku can't do that? Or even Super Vegeta-Baby?
Majuub couldn't do it.
So, Majuub << SS vegetto (buu arc)
apex_pretador wrote:Actually,you can't prove me wrong by my powerscaling. Try if you wish to.
SS Vegetto >= SS4 Goku (GT) > SS3 Goku (GT) > SS2 Goku (GT) > SS Goku (GT) Base Goku (GT) > Base Gohan (GT) > Ultimate Gohan
Or like this:
SS vegetto >= SS4 goku (GT) = 10x SS goku > SS3 goku > SS goku > base goku = Ultimate gohan > SS gohan

For that chain to be true, Base Vegetto would have to be multiple times stronger than Ultimate Gohan and by extension Gohan-Boo. Try justifying Vegetto using Super Saiyan if that's the case.
SS in GT is nowhere near 50x boost. Simple.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:09 pm

apex_pretador wrote:Majuub couldn't do it.
So, Majuub << SS vegetto (buu arc)
How do you know Super Oob couldn't? He never fought Gohan-Boo.
apex_pretador wrote:Or like this:
SS vegetto >= SS4 goku (GT) = 10x SS goku > SS3 goku > SS goku > base goku = Ultimate gohan > SS gohan
That chain is incorrect considering Gohan is stated to have trained in between Z and GT.
apex_pretador wrote:SS in GT is nowhere near 50x boost. Simple.
Even going with the implied SS boost (in between 2x and 3x), Vegetto would still end up stronger than Gohan-Boo in base unless you ignore Gohan being stated to have trained.