They should bring back Android 18

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BitchIlooklikeGoku
Banned Alternate Account

They should bring back Android 18

Post by BitchIlooklikeGoku » Tue May 24, 2016 7:06 pm

I think it would be a breath of fresh air if some characters become stronger not through the use of training but through the use of frequently upgrading their body with new and improved technology. So android 18 started out as more powerful than a standard Super Saiyan.

It would of been interesting if her powers had grown through the 7 years and even in battle of the gods via Bulma and/or her dad doing work on her and improving her efficiency and power.

So let say Dr. Brief/Bulma having spent time with Gero's blue print and technology improving every year found a way to increase her power output so she can take on a Super Saiyan 2 fighter (hell let's make her as strong as Super 17). Granted this is not enough for her to pose a threat and be a main spotlight but good enough for her to possibly be conceivably eligible to take part in the upcoming tournament (the last one was a sausage fest).

In addition to making them more powerful it would be useful if characters such as android types gained new abilities by switching out tech.

So think back to terminator:
Androids with ability to morph their body like liquid metal in terminator and shape shift into people-

Other who have the ability to take over other machines (androids) and people:

Since they can't be tracked because they have no ki the ability to camouflage with their environment could be useful:

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: They should bring back Android 18

Post by MaxZ » Tue May 24, 2016 9:39 pm

I would like for 18 to be relevant again (and 17 and 16 too), but I don't see it happening in a million years tbh. I just don't think Toriyama cares about them anymore.

But I do hope we get to see some interaction between Future Trunks and 18, there's a lot of stuff they could do with that. If it doesn't happen it's a real wasted opportunity.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Wed May 25, 2016 12:19 am

MaxZ wrote: I just don't think Toriyama cares about them anymore.
I don't think Toriyama really cares about ANY of his characters anymore. :(
Unless they are Vegeta, Goku, or arguably Bulma

Urarenge

Post by Urarenge » Wed May 25, 2016 3:50 am

18 is probably the only one who even has a shot at seeing a legitimate battle any time in the near future. 17 is just roaming around in some forests and the others AT probably doesn't care about or even remember. You'd probably have a better chance at these kinds of improvements in a whole new android with the Trunks Super arc coming soon.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:50 pm

I'd like to see more 18 because she was really strong before basically quitting fighting after Cell. And since she's an android and can just be upgraded, she literally could have limitless potential.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu May 26, 2016 2:17 am

floofychan333 wrote:I'd like to see more 18 because she was really strong before basically quitting fighting after Cell. And since she's an android and can just be upgraded, she literally could have limitless potential.
She is a cyborg though.

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Thu May 26, 2016 4:15 am

Urarenge wrote:18 is probably the only one who even has a shot at seeing a legitimate battle any time in the near future. 17 is just roaming around in some forests and the others AT probably doesn't care about or even remember. You'd probably have a better chance at these kinds of improvements in a whole new android with the Trunks Super arc coming soon.
Yeah, I really wish she'd participated in the fight with Frieza's henchman. Shoulda left Marron with Roshi or something.