Character Designs

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Character Designs

Post by simtek34 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:43 am

When should Dragon Ball Super use the end of Z character designs/have Goten and Trunks grow up?

Cuz I really love Goku and Trunks end of Z designs. That blue gi is cool.

P.S, on the subject of this, should they add Adult Goten and Trunks into video games?

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Alruneia
I Live Here

Re: Character Designs

Post by Alruneia » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:38 am

As soon as possible, I agree, and yes. That's my short answer. :lol:

Dragon Ball Super has had a problem with people seemingly never changing, and we've been aware of this since the beginning of the series. Remember how back in the day we (some of us) thought that they hid Goten and Trunks during Resurrection F because they had grown? Good times... Now we're in the arc after the arc after Resurrection F, but they still look the same as during Battle of Gods. Heck, Goten seems younger than ever in some scenes. Marron looks and acts like a toddler when she should be around 7, Goten and Trunks haven't really changed from the Buu saga yet, Bulla hasn't appeared at all yet... Since we're in the Future Trunks arc right now, there probably won't be a time skip until after the arc is over. When the arc ends, I think that they really should move on to EoZ times and have the next generation grow up.

And yeah, some of the EoZ designs are neat! Honestly I like almost all of them. Bulma and 18 look a bit silly, but Goku and Vegeta look good, Trunks and Pan look pretty alright, Goten looks really cute and Bulla is the most adorable thing ever. For your postscript, I think so. If nothing else, EoZ Trunks could be an alternate costume for GT Trunks, who usually already is in video games. That wouldn't be a very difficult addition to make. Any form of adult Goten showing up would be neat, either GT or EoZ, since he really is underrepresented, especially considering how many Trunks slots there are when you have Kid Trunks, Future Trunks and GT Trunks.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:12 am

I'd like to see them salvage the EoZ outfits in Super because I think EoZ will be rewritten or changed. I really like Goku's gi but would they really have it over his new RoF outfit? I'd like for them to use his EoZ outfit instead of his classic dogi that they are using right now. Switching between that and the RoF outfit would be cool but I also want brand new outfits.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:42 pm

I really doubt you'll see it in Super.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:50 pm

Xeztin wrote:I'd like to see them salvage the EoZ outfits in Super because I think EoZ will be rewritten or changed. I really like Goku's gi but would they really have it over his new RoF outfit? I'd like for them to use his EoZ outfit instead of his classic dogi that they are using right now. Switching between that and the RoF outfit would be cool but I also want brand new outfits.
I'd have to agree fully with this. I feel like that is such a great outfit that it should be brought back or at least make one of that design but in a different color. Much like the one in the DBZ Legends booklet that is the same design except it's white and has yellow wristbands.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:12 pm

It would be cool, but I doubt it will happen. Super is set 10 years before the end of DBZ probably because the character designs from the Buu saga era are too iconic and timeless to get rid of. I think Toei and Bandai are worry if they made everyone older, fans may not like it. I remember fans have mixed feelings for the GT designs for the main cast (Goten, Vegeta and Gohan designs where not very liked while Trunks design was hit or miss with people).
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:36 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:It would be cool, but I doubt it will happen. Super is set 10 years before the end of DBZ probably because the character designs from the Buu saga era are too iconic and timeless to get rid of. I think Toei and Bandai are worry if they made everyone older, fans may not like it. I remember fans have mixed feelings for the GT designs for the main cast (Goten, Vegeta and Gohan designs where not very liked while Trunks design was hit or miss with people).

But still, no Bulla and teen Goten and Trunks. For gods sake, GOTEN AND TRUNKS

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34