Dragon Ball Super Predictions Thread (Episode 51)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Dragon Ball Super Predictions Thread (Episode 51)

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:10 pm

I thought a neat thread could be if we turn future Super episodes into a guessing game. Let us guess what we think will happen, something we might learn, and see how close we are when the episodes finally come out. The thread can be updated for each episode, and we can see how close we are to what we get. I haven't finalized my predictions yet, but I'll put a few guesses out there.

-Mai and Trunks bump into each other, the classic kind of meeting.
-Mai wasn't wished to be younger. I know that might sound wrong, but I'm guessing the art style will just say that's how she looks.
-If Mai did get wished younger, then I'm gonna guess F. Trunks will not be aware of this.
-We get to see how Pilaf and Shuu bit the dust.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super Predictions Thread (Episode 51)

Post by Kagari » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:21 pm

I'm guessing Pilaf and Shu were killed during the Android incident in the future timeline. Other than that, we'll get to see some of Trunks' first interactions with Black.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:24 pm

I think the explanations will only go as far as Trunks meeting Mai and what they've done since then.

I don't think they will go into her age or what happened to Pilaf and shu. (Making us just assume they were killed by Black or even the androids.)
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:26 pm

It seems as though we see Trunks facing Black in their timeline. But I assume this is merely a flashback of some sorts.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:38 pm

Great thread idea! And episode 51 seems like we will be getting a lot of information. And Mai's age might actually be directly addressed.

mawilex
Beyond Newbie

Post by mawilex » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:31 am

ryou766 wrote:But I assume this is merely a flashback of some sorts.
It most probably is. It wouldn't make any sense otherwise for Trunks to go back to his timeline this soon and take on Goku Black again, since he's already well aware of the fact that he doesn't stand a chance against him. That's the whole point of him time-travelling to the Past seeking help from his Past friends in the first place. Not to mention that Bulma will need some time to fix Cell's time machine and prepare the fuel for the trip before Trunks can use it to get back to the Future.

As to how Trunks and Mai met in the Future timeline, my guess would be that they ran into each other some time during the past year or so, after Goku Black first showed up and started wreaking havoc on Earth. Maybe Trunks found Mai in a very bad shape some day in a devastated city, and decided to help her out and take care of her, then they stuck around with one another since then and became very close friends (I'm saying "very close friends" because I really don't like the idea of them being a couple. I would have much rather preferred to see a completely new female character getting Mai's role in that case; a character that is at least at around the same age as Trunks, not thirty years older... Oh well, maybe there is a specific reason for Mai being the one getting this role. Wait & see).