You think Future Trunks & the others gets punished later??

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lujin_16
Regular

You think Future Trunks & the others gets punished later??

Post by Lujin_16 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:05 pm

From Zeno or other Gods of destruction??

Like Whis said it is a crime to manipulate time and to go in the past or future and there are other Gods who are more violent..

Interesting to see what will happen when they find out..

Mr. NaruJesus

Re: You think Future Trunks & the others gets punished later

Post by Mr. NaruJesus » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:29 am

Lujin_16 wrote:From Zeno or other Gods of destruction??

Like Whis said it is a crime to manipulate time and to go in the past or future and there are other Gods who are more violent..

Interesting to see what will happen when they find out..
I want a scene with Jaco just for the humor!

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: You think Future Trunks & the others gets punished later

Post by LightBing » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:53 am

This is how I think it will play out:
They defeat Goku Black, who's at fault for even more heinous crimes than time-travel. Because of this contribution, Trunks and the others are forgiven for their crimes. However, they are forced to destroy all times machines and are forbidden from ever doing it again. Thus Mirai Trunks story is permanently concluded.

Seems like a good compromise.

TroubledPrincess

Re: You think Future Trunks & the others gets punished later??

Post by TroubledPrincess » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:05 pm

I'm interested in finding out if Whis' time ability can increase in length. He says that he can only go back 3 minutes, but what if there is a way to increase the timing?
We left the rules a long time ago.
It's called lipstick you moron!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:17 pm

The most they'll do is make them watch Beerus eat food and not give them any and even that's a stretch.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

JoeCapricorn
Beyond Newbie

Post by JoeCapricorn » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:23 pm

Well... [spoiler]Zamasu is from Universe 10. This could cause the God of Destruction of Universe 10 to be involved.[/spoiler]

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:02 am

I think Future Trunks should be punished because it is a serious crime. But maybe some Kai of Time like the one from Xenoverse will come out of nowhere and allow Future Trunks to be forgiven.

I like Future Trunks a lot but I hope this is the last of him. Because I want characters in the present like current Trunks to get more growth and attention.

Also on the Whis time travel thing, he can only back 3 minutes. And Hit was able to stop time for a full 1 second after consistently improving against SSB Goku. So of course Whis has a 180 second to 1 second lead over Hit. But is it feasible to think Hit can eventually stop time on par with Whis???
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:06 am

I honestly hope all 12 God's of Destruction are tasked with taking out Black by Omni-King, Sort of like putting a bounty on Black's head. Who ever takes him out get's whatever. Of course Goku and Vegeta will tag along too, but it'll probably be pinned on Black and Future Trunks will get a pass since he was only after help. I honestly think that Omni-King isn't the only "Creator". Would be cool if there were other Omni-King's that ruled over other sets of Universes too that Beerus and Whis would know nothing about. if Omni-King is god of our 12 universes, his creations only know him as god, another Omni-King probably has his own creations. In other words, Beerus would know nothing about another Omni-King because he only knows his creator as number 1, no one above. I just find it strange that our Omni-King is the single being and no one else.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:15 am

Time travel is only a crime in super. In Z nothing happened to trunks or cell, this is something AT just made up spur of the moment.

Why isn't goku punished using IT. He's cheating time travel laws using that technique

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:01 am

jplaya2023 wrote:Time travel is only a crime in super. In Z nothing happened to trunks or cell, this is something AT just made up spur of the moment.

Why isn't goku punished using IT. He's cheating time travel laws using that technique
Time travel as a violation predates Dragon Ball Super and has been used as a device in Dragon Ball Online and Jaco the Galactic Patrolman. Furthermore, the original Dragon Ball manga spent its time using time travel in a contained story where none of the characters involved would be aware of its rules, so in-universe, the only foul is splitting three new timelines, which has yet to have consequence noted aside from the ones already explained. Teleporting is not related to manipulating time, thus Goku isn't distorting anything of the sort.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:03 am

jplaya2023 wrote:Time travel is only a crime in super. In Z nothing happened to trunks or cell, this is something AT just made up spur of the moment.

This wasn't a spur of a moment. Time travel was said to be crime in Jaco, which was written in 2013, and even longer if you count Dragon Ball Online. There was also no higher power around to catch Trunks and Cell time traveling, and none within the main cast knew it was a crime until Jaco told them.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:41 am

HeroR wrote:

This wasn't a spur of a moment. Time travel was said to be crime in Jaco, which was written in 2013, and even longer if you count Dragon Ball Online. There was also no higher power around to catch Trunks and Cell time traveling, and none within the main cast knew it was a crime until Jaco told them.
what about the kaioshins who allegedly "watch" over their respective universes? They knew babidee was on earth but didn't know 7 years prior a kid used a time machine along with cell?

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:11 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:what about the kaioshins who allegedly "watch" over their respective universes? They knew babidee was on earth but didn't know 7 years prior a kid used a time machine along with cell?
For all of the timelines, only one Kaioshin is in active duty, along with his attendant and they were both focusing their efforts on monitoring Bobbidi and Dabra to prevent them from reviving Boo.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:55 pm

Maybe they will Kaioshin of Time from DBO and XV show up. She may step in and end up allowing the Z fighters use time travel when it's really needed.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/