Something About Goku Black *Huge Spoiler*

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Something About Goku Black *Huge Spoiler*

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:36 pm

Well, we've reached that point again folks. Time for a new character to get a new form. And it's come the way of Goku Black.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
And before you ask, yes, this is legit. And the form has been officially called Super Saiyan Rose. All credits goes to TheDevilsCorpse for finding out the initial information on this, Sodhi for the secondary and much more clearer image and Herms for translating the summaries/previews of future Dragon Ball Super episodes.

So what are you thoughts about Super Saiyan Rose? Have you become so numb about the aspect of SSJ recolours taking over the franchise, that you don't really care much about it? Or is this truly the tipping point for you? Personally, I fucking love it. I just love the fact that Toriyama is still radically defying standards and expectations to this day. I'm sure there will more information behind why Goku Black's hair turns pink specifically, but as of now, I don't really care about that. We have Super Saiyan Rose, folks. What more can you ask for? The Saiyan Rangers can finally all fight as one. :lol:
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Re: Something About Goku Black *Huge Spoiler*

Post by Sodhi » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:59 pm

I have no problem with it, it would be nice if we know why or how its pink though.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:04 pm

Huh, now it's very similar to the Evil Goku SSJ concept with the red (or pink?) hair.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:06 pm

Defying expectations? This is exactly what I expected from Toriyama. Not the colour, but the recolour aspect was completely expected. It's not special or thought provoking in any way, shape, or form. Fart out a colour of an established look, and there, new form. Easy. The most it got out of me was a sigh. I don't expect creativity now a days, so this is nothing new at all.

Also now it even closer mirrors the whole AF/Sprite/Fan Evil Goku thing we've had for years.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:27 pm

I'm surprised they went with this color for Black, but I'm honestly not that surprised to see it pop up at all. Back when it was teased that we would be seeing a new SS form for Goku in Resurrection "F", this "strawberry pink" shade is what I came up with by combining the colors for Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:35 pm

I personally love it. Mostly because the color combination of Black and pink has always appealed to me. I just think it looks pretty if nothing else. (At least it does in this one image. Lets see how it looks in show.)

It's also very hilarious for this seemingly dark villain to have a pink SSJ transformation. If this is a real thing, I'm all for it.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:44 pm

I love it and I do believe it is something he WILL ATTAIN and doesn't currently have. Just my guess.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:10 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:I love it and I do believe it is something he WILL ATTAIN and doesn't currently have. Just my guess.
He might have obtained it after embedding the power he got after fighting against SS2 Goku.

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:29 pm

I think the color works well, but I wonder why its pink and not gold. Maybe something to do with how he mixed his ki, if it is god ki or not, like how Goku and Vegeta did for SSj Blue. I like the idea though, pink being a "girly" color and all that. Very Toriyama-esque
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

DragonHermit
Regular

Post by DragonHermit » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:56 pm

I personally don't care if it's pink, yellow, green or fuscia. I just don't want frivolous transformations one after the other like SSG/SSB. I want more to power ups than just transformations. As long as there's a good explanation behind it, I'm fine.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:04 pm

DragonHermit wrote:I personally don't care if it's pink, yellow, green or fuscia. I just don't want frivolous transformations one after the other like SSG/SSB. I want more to power ups than just transformations. As long as there's a good explanation behind it, I'm fine.
Well don't expect a "good" explanation from either Toriyama or Toei. Ala Vegeta reaching ssj god power on his own.. yeah he trained with Whis so it's fine guys! xD

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:20 pm

Beerus himself trained to reach that plateau of strength, so is it any wonder a talented Saiyan could familiarize himself with some of Whis' philosophies? Personally, I didn't need an explanation because I figured the answer was a given before Dragon Ball Super, but it looks like we can't be satisfied whether official material elaborates or not. :lol:

Scarlet Spider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scarlet Spider » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:09 am

Good taste in fusion, Japan. Gogeta is much better.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:27 am

Yeah, not really not a fan of this... My only hope is that this form is Black's version of Bluper Saiyan and not another evolution of SSJG that Vegeta & Goku will one day obtain just because... Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan?
(shivers)
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:00 am

I'm surprised pink was picked when magenta ssjg already exists, but I guess he'll face off against ssjblue Gokû so it won't clash as much.

In terms of how I feel about the light pink? It's cute, but I'd be more excited if it didn't come with ssj1 hair. I like Gokû's base hair better than his ssj1 hair. Ssj1 Gokû's hair makes me think too much of Vegeta's hair.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:02 am

Boring... But so has been SSB and SSG.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:31 am

This is fucking terrible. Pink clashes horribly with his clothes. If they wanted a brighter color, why not purple? It blends better and is more of an anti-blue.

Personally, I would have loved white hair, as in the fanart, or black. Yes, black. He's Goku Black. Why not just have him obtain SSJ hair without a color change (besides maybe red or white eyes to distinguish it from false SSJ)?
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:36 am

Maybe it's basically SSJG or SSJB but an 'evil' version of it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DaFleks

Post by DaFleks » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:42 am

If you invert the colors of SSJB, you get a similar shade of Goku Black's pink, and if you invert the pink hair you get something close to SSJB. So I'm assuming this SSJP is just SSJB inverted lol. :lol:

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:10 am

I hate it but i am curious to know what explanation they'll give or maybe they won't cause Super doesn't bother to explain things.

- Travis