Super Upcoming Arc Foreshadows the Demon Realm and Angels

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HyugaProdigy

Super Upcoming Arc Foreshadows the Demon Realm and Angels

Post by HyugaProdigy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:41 pm

Hey guys, I'm new here and this is my first thread I'll be posting.

I've seen many people are expecting the future arc to be about Cabba more indepth with Planet Sadala or the World Universe Tournament. I don't see many people paying any attention to Zamasu Fusion resemblence and to what Goku Black just recently did with ripping the time and space entails for.

Since Goku Black power was beyond his understanding which even he doesn't know, this means it's going to open the door for the next following arc and it will be explain more indepth.

Keep in mind when Goku Black used his scythe to rip into a vortex it was actually shown completely related to the dragonball online hero with the whole dimension being ripped apart when Towa was serving the demon master.
This led me to believe the dimension that Goku black was trying to demonstrate was probably the entrance to the demon realm.

I know how many people will say it's "non-canon" but the thing is the Anime clearly shown strong correlation with the game. Dragon ball online had a track record that SOMETIME it matched the official spoilers. So I'm saying it's strong possiblity that it can't just be a mere coincidence.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I would like to mention the symbology shown here and throughout the whole arc. From my analysis Merged Zamasu resembles the grim reaper or fall angel himself as his dialogue is heavily influenced upon bringing judgements on mortal through archaic destruction by tearing the essence of every living being in existence.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Second point are those discs on his back which represent an angels wing much like Whis, Vados and Dakaoshin. The title I would give him is Daten-shi in Japanese which means fallen angel.

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Now last thing to bring up in regard to Toyotaru interview he said in a quote:

"In the upcoming Trunks storyline, there's a part where Trunks' tutor explains a certain important part of the story…and I can't go into more detail. So keep an eye out for that!"

Trunks will have new tutors. Now There are one of the two possibility:

1. Either he's talking about Kid trunk
2. Or perhaps it's Future Trunk.

Now if it's kid trunk, then it's probably nothing special as that tutor will be replaced for trunk and pilaf gang for lesson due to how much the former instructor can't take the surrounding well after seeing people with having super powers and as such.

However if Toyotaru is referring to Future Trunk then it would give significant to the story and it wouldn't be surprising if it's Supreme Kai of Time. I don't see how a rusty nerd gohan is going to be his tutor and I don't think Vegeta is going to be his instructor as well because once Goku Black arc is finish, both Vegeta and trunks goon separate path.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

This would lead to Future trunk on the time patrol mission and I think that would fit his character in order to fulfill his atonement even though it was his right intention because we know time travel by mortals are a taboo things and I think we will see Future trunk again later down the road.

Well I hope you guys take the time to enjoy reading and if you have come this far then I thank you for your contribution. :wave:

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Super Upcoming Arc Foreshadows the Demon Realm and Angels

Post by MagmonKai » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:50 pm

I think the "wall of light" is merely ki being emitted from Merged Zamasu, not that he has a halo like Whis and the other Angelic beings. If you look closely it really mimic's Black's Ki blade but white. I don't know if Toriyama really wants to go there with Angels and Demons. I hope not, I would like Dragonball to stay separate from that. It would be interesting though.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:51 pm

I am unconvinced at the moment that space-time rift wasn't a Toei addition, especially because its greatest role in the episode was providing weird ... ki clones? ... for Black, and it vanished as soon as he left the location.

That said, a Makai-centric arc certainly isn't out of the question for a variety of other reasons.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:02 pm

"In the upcoming Trunks storyline, there's a part where Trunks' tutor explains a certain important part of the story…and I can't go into more detail. So keep an eye out for that!"

"Trunks' tutor", here, is talking about his private teacher. In the manga, she explains about time travel and altenate worlds.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

HyugaProdigy

Post by HyugaProdigy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:31 pm

Cipher wrote:I am unconvinced at the moment that space-time rift wasn't a Toei addition, especially because its greatest role in the episode was providing weird ... ki clones? ... for Black, and it vanished as soon as he left the location.

That said, a Makai-centric arc certainly isn't out of the question for a variety of other reasons.
Yes but it still doesn't explained much, Black was unaware of his own power so it's still hold accountable. For all we know, Black ripped out the vortex that would lead to another realm.

HyugaProdigy

Post by HyugaProdigy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:37 pm

MagmonKai wrote:I think the "wall of light" is merely ki being emitted from Merged Zamasu, not that he has a halo like Whis and the other Angelic beings. If you look closely it really mimic's Black's Ki blade but white. I don't know if Toriyama really wants to go there with Angels and Demons. I hope not, I would like Dragonball to stay separate from that. It would be interesting though.
Or perhaps this wall of light was awaken to such a new height in comparison to the angel which can be an outsource power that would automatically respond to the user command.

HyugaProdigy

Post by HyugaProdigy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:39 pm

Sandubadear wrote:

"Trunks' tutor", here, is talking about his private teacher. In the manga, she explains about time travel and altenate worlds.
Yes but manga and anime have different continuity so the anime may not follow the manga. Similar to Goku vs hit incident. In the anime Goku used Kiaokin but in the manga he used instead the super Saiyan god red form.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:45 pm

HyugaProdigy wrote:Yes but manga and anime have different continuity so the anime may not follow the manga. Similar to Goku vs Hit incident. In the anime Goku used Kaioken but in the manga he used instead the Super Saiyan God (red form).
Toyotaro is the one responsible for the manga and the interview was for said manga. In all likelihood, the bit about Trunks' tutor is probably just what Sandubadear suggested. It was a tidbit dropped in regards to chapters for the upcoming "Future" Trunks Arc's releases outside Japan, not something we have yet to see in the series' domestic release.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:57 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
HyugaProdigy wrote:Yes but manga and anime have different continuity so the anime may not follow the manga. Similar to Goku vs Hit incident. In the anime Goku used Kaioken but in the manga he used instead the Super Saiyan God (red form).
Toyotaro is the one responsible for the manga and the interview was for said manga. In all likelihood, the bit about Trunks' tutor is probably just what Sandubadear suggested. It was a tidbit dropped in regards to chapters for the upcoming "Future" Trunks Arc's releases outside Japan, not something we have yet to see in the series' domestic release.
In a world where media stuff gets easily exposed on Internet? I don't think so. You people kept saying about how Tobyle is thinking about the audience not seeing the Black arc in the Manga, but that's not the case though. He's just talking about the new storyline beyond the Black arc. Why would he hold back something about Trunks' tutor in the current arc if her role was not very significant?
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:12 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:In a world where media stuff gets easily exposed on Internet? I don't think so. You people kept saying about how Tobyle is thinking about the audience not seeing the Black arc in the Manga, but that's not the case though. He's just talking about the new storyline beyond the Black arc. Why would he hold back something about Trunks' tutor in the current arc if her role was not very significant?
  • Among the gags in the manga, do you have a favorite one?
    In the upcoming Trunks storyline, there's a part where Trunks' tutor explains a certain important part of the story…and I can't go into more detail. So keep an eye out for that!
I don't know how else to break down the answer. Basic reading comprehension notes that he's discussing the "upcoming" Trunks material, not the "on-going" Trunks material. And his tutor explains how parallel worlds/timelines work via the gag about the mother choking and dying on the treat the time traveling boy made for her. It seems pretty open and shut...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

HyugaProdigy

Post by HyugaProdigy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:07 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:In a world where media stuff gets easily exposed on Internet? I don't think so. You people kept saying about how Tobyle is thinking about the audience not seeing the Black arc in the Manga, but that's not the case though. He's just talking about the new storyline beyond the Black arc. Why would he hold back something about Trunks' tutor in the current arc if her role was not very significant?
He's talking about upcoming arc not the current. And to answer the question he doesn't want to spoil the comedic aspect of the story... He might try to allure the audience into thinking that it has significance.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:21 pm

Cipher wrote:I am unconvinced at the moment that space-time rift wasn't a Toei addition, especially because its greatest role in the episode was providing weird ... ki clones? ... for Black, and it vanished as soon as he left the location.

I feel the same exact way.

There's this big mystery surrounding it, especially since Black himself didn't know what it was. Then, the next scene, it's randomly producing Black clones. We don't even see them initially coming out of it; they're just there out of nowhere. The minute Black ITs out, the entire thing vanishes. lol.

Definitely seems like Toei's doing.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:33 pm

That thing on his back looks a lot more like 14th century depictions of Halos on christian deities.
Also, he looks like he'll spend a lot of time in the "Savior" Jesus pose. Which means he's probably more
Anti-Chris than anything. Just waiting for them to put holes in his hands.... oh wait.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yep, anti-christ
:clap:

HyugaProdigy

Post by HyugaProdigy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:31 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:

I feel the same exact way.

There's this big mystery surrounding it, especially since Black himself didn't know what it was. Then, the next scene, it's randomly producing Black clones. We don't even see them initially coming out of it; they're just there out of nowhere. The minute Black ITs out, the entire thing vanishes. lol.

Definitely seems like Toei's doing.
I think Toyotaru will follow Goku Black power with his scythe opening the portal but only in different package, I think toyotaru manga will do it better.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:44 pm

I feel in the same way, that being said, what about if the rip thing is an actual plot point and the clones are a Toei thing?, like seriously the way Black talked about it seemed weird, and it wasn't something non sensical until random clones appeared.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:51 pm

HyugaProdigy wrote:I think toyotaru manga will do it better.
It always does.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

HyugaProdigy

Post by HyugaProdigy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:03 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:
HyugaProdigy wrote:I think toyotaru manga will do it better.
It always does.
Not with the U6 tournament.

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:14 pm

It could be foreshadowing, it may not be as well though.
Time will tell.

It's fun to speculate, and I really like these concepts and ideas.

It's possible we could get a "canon" version of Towa in Super.
I think Toriyama said he really liked the character and I think he designed them as well. (Don't quote me on that)

I wouldn't mind seeing a Super version or rendition of Towa, there's def a few things from Xenoverse and DBO I wish would stay there though...
So hopefully they make it their own thing in Super, if they do choose to use it.

I do kind of want them to stop with the whole time travel stuff though, I'm already over it with this whole Black arc.

DbzRyan24

Post by DbzRyan24 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:08 am

Does anybody think that the next arc might possibly have something to do with the earth of universe 6?. Not too sure what you could base it around though

Kirby5413

Post by Kirby5413 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:16 pm

HyugaProdigy wrote:Hey guys, I'm new here and this is my first thread I'll be posting.

I've seen many people are expecting the future arc to be about Cabba more indepth with Planet Sadala or the World Universe Tournament. I don't see many people paying any attention to Zamasu Fusion resemblence and to what Goku Black just recently did with ripping the time and space entails for.

Since Goku Black power was beyond his understanding which even he doesn't know, this means it's going to open the door for the next following arc and it will be explain more indepth.

Keep in mind when Goku Black used his scythe to rip into a vortex it was actually shown completely related to the dragonball online hero with the whole dimension being ripped apart when Towa was serving the demon master.
This led me to believe the dimension that Goku black was trying to demonstrate was probably the entrance to the demon realm.

I know how many people will say it's "non-canon" but the thing is the Anime clearly shown strong correlation with the game. Dragon ball online had a track record that SOMETIME it matched the official spoilers. So I'm saying it's strong possiblity that it can't just be a mere coincidence.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I would like to mention the symbology shown here and throughout the whole arc. From my analysis Merged Zamasu resembles the grim reaper or fall angel himself as his dialogue is heavily influenced upon bringing judgements on mortal through archaic destruction by tearing the essence of every living being in existence.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Second point are those discs on his back which represent an angels wing much like Whis, Vados and Dakaoshin. The title I would give him is Daten-shi in Japanese which means fallen angel.

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Now if it's kid trunk, then it's probably nothing special as that tutor will be replaced for trunk and pilaf gang for lesson due to how much the former instructor can't take the surrounding well after seeing people with having super powers and as such.

However if Toyotaru is referring to Future Trunk then it would give significant to the story and it wouldn't be surprising if it's Supreme Kai of Time. I don't see how a rusty nerd gohan is going to be his tutor and I don't think Vegeta is going to be his instructor as well because once Goku Black arc is finish, both Vegeta and trunks goon separate path.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

This would lead to Future trunk on the time patrol mission and I think that would fit his character in order to fulfill his atonement even though it was his right intention because we know time travel by mortals are a taboo things and I think we will see Future trunk again later down the road.

Well I hope you guys take the time to enjoy reading and if you have come this far then I thank you for your contribution. :wave:
I made a thread talking about something along the lines of this. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=35940

I do hope that Towa becomes canon in DBS. If Future Trunk's tutor is who I think it might be, that being the Supreme Kai of Time then we could see a canon version of Towa, which will be EPIC if if happens! Let's hope it does!