Daizenshuu questions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Daizenshuu questions

Post by Dayspring » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:53 pm

Which Daizenshuu (other than 1 and 7) refer to the manga? I think 3 or 4 has "every single fight ever". Stuff like that. Any amount, large or small.

Also, are there any plans for Viz or Funimation or whoever for the Daizenshuu to be translated in english? I get the french stuff but Glénat will only publish stuff pertinent to the manga (since they publish the french manga and have no interaction w/the anime).
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:14 pm

How sad am I? I'm replying to my own post. :?

Another question: I always assumed this was a typo since every site posts it as 300,000, but I figure I'll ask people who have daizenshuu 7 and not refer to sites who steal info from others.

In the power level section of Goku in daizenshuu 7, does it say his power level against Freeza is 3,000,000 and 150,000,000 in SSJ? And that Freeza is 60,000,000 at half power and 120,000,000 at full. My guess was the 3,000,000 was a typo and they just tried to keep it consistant. I want to be sure though.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Daizenshuu questions

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:42 pm

Dayspring wrote:Which Daizenshuu (other than 1 and 7) refer to the manga? I think 3 or 4 has "every single fight ever". Stuff like that. Any amount, large or small.
Daizenshuu #2 is a "Story Guide" which gives the story of the manga, along with copious amounts of full-color manga pages (although the impact of this feature is somewhat lessened by the kanzenban re-release of the manga, which has the color pages, but still cool).

#4 is called the "World Guide," but since I haven't seen that one, I can't really comment on it.

Finally, the "DB Landmark" book that came out in Japan last month seems to be a redux of the most important manga-elements from the Daizenshuu, plus some new stuff (up-to-date "foreign editions" section, "DragonBall Children" illustrations/articles [here], etc.). The only downside is that it's really part 1 of 2 (I assume that the other will come out after the series is completely re-released).

So... hope that helps. :)
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。